How strong are the "Chalk Shark" magnets?

pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hilarious side note:

In the ad they have masters chalk in the holder ��

Uh, $50 for a chalk holder? Kamui strikes again.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hilarious side note:

In the ad they have masters chalk in the holder ��

Uh, $50 for a chalk holder? Kamui strikes again.

It used to sell for like $20-25 bucks, then Kamui bought the design from the guy who made them.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I understand that the Chalk Shark chalker has two magnets and that (together) they are very strong. Just look at the (third) demonstration photo showing the magnets holding together despite fingers between them:

https://www.pooldawg.com/chalk-shark-leather-magnetic-chalker

But exactly how strong is the pull force in each of the two magnets? 2 lbs? 20 lbs? Anybody know?
It's plenty strong, but not too strong. I ordered a Corley chalk holder from Seyberts on the recommendation from my Seyberts account rep first. I found it was too big in my pocket and was way too strong a magnet - it actually took more effort than I wanted to get the chalk off the magnet when I needed it. I sent it back and ordered the Chalk Shark.

I know it's way overpriced, but it works great. A little hint - when your expensive personal chalk wears down some, hold it upside down and rub it on some 80 grit sandpaper to lower the edges and make it almost like new again. Then, you simply insert a few pennies underneath the chalk in the plastic sleeve the chalk sits in, between the bottom of the chalk and the magnet, which raises the top of the chalk in the chalk holder making it easier to use properly.

cbi1000

It is what it is...
Silver Member
It's plenty strong, but not too strong. I ordered a Corley chalk holder from Seyberts on the recommendation from my Seyberts account rep first. I found it was too big in my pocket and was way too strong a magnet - it actually took more effort than I wanted to get the chalk off the magnet when I needed it. I sent it back and ordered the Chalk Shark.

I know it's way overpriced, but it works great. A little hint - when your expensive personal chalk wears down some, hold it upside down and rub it on some 80 grit sandpaper to lower the edges and make it almost like new again. Then, you simply insert a few pennies underneath the chalk in the plastic sleeve the chalk sits in, between the bottom of the chalk and the magnet, which raises the top of the chalk in the chalk holder making it easier to use properly.

Exactly what I do. I’ve owned mine for a few years now. The best.

NINEBALLART

NINEBALLART
Silver Member
There are similar magnet chalk holders on E Bay from $2.00 to $6.00...I bought a similar one 12 years ago for $6.00...Still have it and magnet is strong still...

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
Although I recent bought a Chalk Shark, I haven't used it yet. I like the $7 one that you can buy with the Great White chalk from Omega Billiards. It's small and just the right strength

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

madman1nonly

Fine Handmade Cue Tips
Silver Member
I understand that the Chalk Shark chalker has two magnets and that (together) they are very strong. Just look at the (third) demonstration photo showing the magnets holding together despite fingers between them:

https://www.pooldawg.com/chalk-shark-leather-magnetic-chalker

But exactly how strong is the pull force in each of the two magnets? 2 lbs? 20 lbs? Anybody know?

You can get this one from Mike at Omega for less than half the price,the magnets are 17 lbs, each

madman1nonly

Fine Handmade Cue Tips
Silver Member

Attachments

• IMG_20180225_121527.jpg
    IMG_20180225_121527.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 217