Russ Espiritu high performance shaft

ivicafranic

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
It would be highly appreciated to hear some feedbacks and yours observations on how these shafts play and react.I am interested on quality as on any others info you have or might know.Would like to hear about yours experience with dealing with Russ as well.
Thanks
:):):)

Last edited:

ivicafranic

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Well,didn't know it is so hard to get an answer and opinion from people who has played with this Russ's shafts:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::D:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

BigBoof

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think the problem is low traffic in this sub-forum and even smaller number of people who have tried those shafts. If you asked about Predator or OB, you wouldn't need to bump the thread.

I use a Jacoby hybrid shaft and really like it. Heading to the expo to buy a cue and will most likely start using the shaft built by that cuemaker since I am buying for their hit.

tampapool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
His new stuff plays pretty well. I wouldn't put it with the other low deflection shafts . But they do play stiff with good feedback

DEXTER

Runde fan
Gold Member
Silver Member
Espiritu

I had two of his cues. One came with a regular maple shaft, and the other with his low deflection shaft. I hated the low deflection shaft. It felt DEAD, no feedback at all. They were both two of the straightest cues I've seen. The regular maple shaft played great. But I'm partial to regular shafts.

ivicafranic

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I had two of his cues. One came with a regular maple shaft, and the other with his low deflection shaft. I hated the low deflection shaft. It felt DEAD, no feedback at all. They were both two of the straightest cues I've seen. The regular maple shaft played great. But I'm partial to regular shafts.

Thank you very much on the review.:smile::smile::smile:
Glad that you have been satisfied with Russ as a cue maker.I am expecting a cue that he was building for me and since I was really interested about how does his cues play I have purchased one of his plane jane cues with high performance shafts from Bama in the meantime and couldn't get a clue what do I think of the shaft:wink::smile::wink:

tattooedkingpin

Registered
I was lucky enough to get some pretty good deals on some nice custom cues in the past year and one of them was from Russ Espiritu with the XPII shaft. I have to said the deflection is not bad at all and retains a nice hit if you have a good stroke. It's nothing like a z2, more of an OB 2 Plus feel with a little more deflection. The workmanship is beautiful as well. I still love my Joel Dadivas the best, that cue plays lights out for me. But in the end, I highly doubt you will be disappointed. Hope this all helped you.