Meucci Cues.... Whats your opinion????

bg49er1319

Registered
I just purchased a Meucci High Pro 03. It has not come in yet, but I hit with a few of the meucci's at the store and I liked them. I am reading alot of negative feedback about meucci's in a lot of posts. I have always heard good things about them and alot of good things about their shafts.

Can a few people please enlighten me on the Meucci Cue.........

Good and bad?

What you've heard?

I want to know these things to maybe cancel an order lol or to stick with the cue that really caught my eye.

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
I just purchased a Meucci High Pro 03. It has not come in yet, but I hit with a few of the meucci's at the store and I liked them. I am reading alot of negative feedback about meucci's in a lot of posts. I have always heard good things about them and alot of good things about their shafts.

Can a few people please enlighten me on the Meucci Cue.........

Good and bad?

What you've heard?

I want to know these things to maybe cancel an order lol or to stick with the cue that really caught my eye.

Hopefully your cue will be straight and not have any others problems because Meucii has the worst quality control in the business, and their customer Service is also really really poor. I use to sell their cues in my retail store, but due to the above problems I no longer carry their products. When I use to order lets say 10 cues from them, I would have to send at least 3 or 4 back due to defects not caught by their quality control. Then I would have to wait another month or more to receive replacements.

Enough Said, Meucci Cues poor quality and not worth the trouble to sell.

JIMO

bg49er1319

Registered
I heard that they got a new factory and that things were getting much better. Have you heard anything about their quality since they moved to this new factory. I see that a couple of retailers have picked meucci back up as a cue they sell....

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hopefully your cue will be straight and not have any others problems because Meucii has the worst quality control in the business, and their customer Service is also really really poor. I use to sell their cues in my retail store, but due to the above problems I no longer carry their products. When I use to order lets say 10 cues from them, I would have to send at least 3 or 4 back due to defects not caught by their quality control. Then I would have to wait another month or more to receive replacements.

JIMO

This is good advice from a man that knows pool cues.
I had one back in the mid 80's when they were supposed to be better then they are now and the fuelle cracked and the stick warped slightly with in 6 months. I think you are taking a big chance. There are a lot of good solid production cues that have a much better reputation for good quality to choose from. I have a Chinese made Lucasi that I have played a lot with for over a year now and it's as good as it was the day I bought it.

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
I heard that they got a new factory and that things were getting much better. Have you heard anything about their quality since they moved to this new factory. I see that a couple of retailers have picked meucci back up as a cue they sell....

I know they moved to a new factory, however, I do not know if things have improved, but I hope so because it is really a shame that a US Manufacturer would make products that in mant cases are not as good cues being brought into this country as imports.

Again I things work out for you and you get a decent cue for the money you have spent.

JIMO

Thunder Thighs

I'm your Huckleberry
Silver Member
You would probably be better off with almost anything else. There are a huge range of top quality cues that are under $500. Schon, Pechauer, Mezz... just to name a few.

Cancel the Moochi order if you can still do it :yes:

midstroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would have found a older meucci on craigslist before buying a new one. Prob pick up something for about 150. Myself i would go with one of the used customs in the forsale area for around 400-450. I play with a meucci now from around 95 and i like it. Guy on my team just bought one new and its a totally different playing cue. I'm also having a cue built right now.

Drawman623

Box Cue lover
Silver Member
I love the Meucci originals. I've owned many. Currently I have an ivory Crown Jewel and I am shopping for a piano cue and lock and key Meucci from the Originals era.

bg49er1319

Registered
Cancelled Meucci Order

Thanks for all the imput on the Meucci cues. I DID cancel the order, I do not want to risk all that for the price tag on it.
I went with the Mcdermott G701 with the I2 shaft. This was up there as the more appealing cues to me, and you cant beat lifetime warranty including warp. And also that maintenance plan that replaces the moori tip every six months. I couldnt pass it up.

Thanks for all the imput.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought 17 one time about 20 years ago,they all were warped and they would not return
I bought one about 5 years ago and they still have same policy
I would never take another one

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for all the imput on the Meucci cues. I DID cancel the order, I do not want to risk all that for the price tag on it.
I went with the Mcdermott G701 with the I2 shaft. This was up there as the more appealing cues to me, and you cant beat lifetime warranty including warp. And also that maintenance plan that replaces the moori tip every six months. I couldnt pass it up.

Thanks for all the imput.

I just took a look at the cue you ordered. Very nice looking cue. You made the right decision in going with a McD instead of the Meucci.
Glad we all could help.

drdiode

meucci

I recently purchased a Meucci cue with the Black Dot shaft. It arrived in perfect condition. After using it for a couple of days now I have to say that I am very impressed. The hit and feel suit me very well. I had a long conversation with the sales rep before I placed my order. He claimed to have worked for Bob Meucci for many years. I asked him about all of the negative reviews and he admitted that at one time they were having a LOT of problems with quality control, lamination's coming apart etc. but that this is now resolved owing to a new factory and purchase of their own laminating machine rather than having a second party do this for them. Anyway, I love the cue. It plays better than any of my other cues which include McDermott, Lucasi and Viking. Never tried a Predator shaft, I'm sure they are quite good as well. But I don't think you can go wrong with a Meucci. How a cue feels and plays is largely subjective anyway. I purchased the Meucci as I wasn't completely satisfied with my other cues - part of my search for just the right cue. I think I may have found it.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I recently purchased a Meucci cue with the Black Dot shaft. It arrived in perfect condition. After using it for a couple of days now I have to say that I am very impressed. The hit and feel suit me very well. I had a long conversation with the sales rep before I placed my order. He claimed to have worked for Bob Meucci for many years. I asked him about all of the negative reviews and he admitted that at one time they were having a LOT of problems with quality control, lamination's coming apart etc. but that this is now resolved owing to a new factory and purchase of their own laminating machine rather than having a second party do this for them. Anyway, I love the cue. It plays better than any of my other cues which include McDermott, Lucasi and Viking. Never tried a Predator shaft, I'm sure they are quite good as well. But I don't think you can go wrong with a Meucci. How a cue feels and plays is largely subjective anyway. I purchased the Meucci as I wasn't completely satisfied with my other cues - part of my search for just the right cue. I think I may have found it.

Good for you.
Let us know in 6 months how the cue is holding up.

JUSTABANGER 2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

JIMO

Same here we gave up trying to sell them it just wasn't worth the hassle. Their customer service sucks as bad as their quality control.

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My teammate has gone through about 7 Meucci's. 4 of which were Factory Seconds he found on Ebay. They are hit and miss in my opinion. He has had two Meucci 9710 cues and both play very odd. They feel strange to me. However, he recently bought a Meucci 21st Century cue and it plays fantastic.

swilliespeed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Meucci Cues

The very 1st cue I ever bought was a Meucci back in 92. It was a 2-pointer with a buttsleeve like the HOF 1. Wound up selling it in 2000 (needed the money). It was the best hitting cue I had ever had up to that point. Since then I have owned four Meucci cues. I currently still have an old MeucciOriginals 88-2 that hits great. I make my own cues now, but I use the Meucci shaft taper on every shaft that I build. There is no other taper that matches it in my opinion. I am one of those people that will always like Meucci cues. No matter what others say. If you like the way a cue looks, feels, and hits then stick with it. It does not matter the name brand, custom or mass production.