Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Instruction & Ask the pros > Instructor Reviews
Reload this Page My amazing weekend with CJ Wiley
Page 2 of 2 12

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
skipbales
AzB Silver Member

skipbales has a reputation beyond reputeskipbales has a reputation beyond reputeskipbales has a reputation beyond reputeskipbales has a reputation beyond reputeskipbales has a reputation beyond reputeskipbales has a reputation beyond reputeskipbales has a reputation beyond reputeskipbales has a reputation beyond reputeskipbales has a reputation beyond reputeskipbales has a reputation beyond reputeskipbales has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

11-11-2017, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The ProRailbird View Post
Thank you Skip.
I hope I have accurately detailed what I was taught. Of course it is all subject to my own interpretation of what I heard but I tried to be specific.

My overall take away was that a player can reach a high level many different ways. I began to see there were some common areas that were universal and others that were beliefs held by many but not all. For example, a Straight controlled stroke is critical no matter who or what you think about other things. The distance you follow through is an opinion. Everyone knows the balls don't care and the follow through does not affect the outcome. So the issue is does follow through help smooth out the stroke or improve it or .... That part is opinion. Learning to always follow through can have benefits and it can have negative consequences. There are often tight situations which do not allow follow thorough and these shots create problems for some players. I watched Neils Feijen try to shoot a ball (I believe it was at the 2016 Mosconi cup) where the cue ball was very close to the object ball. He was so worried about a double hit he dribbled the cue ball and nothing even hit a rail. He gave up ball in hand. CJ could slam that ball no problem. Both are great players.

My goal here is to comment on ideas, not to offend anyone by challenging their long held beliefs. I think we should all pick and choose what works best for us individually.

Page 2 of 2 12

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: