Rule question - frozen ball
Old
  (#1)
n9neballking
AzB Bronze Member
n9neballking is on a distinguished road

vCash: 500

Rule question - frozen ball - 11-05-2017, 04:27 PM

Does fuzz/pilling count as part of the rail when determining if a ball is frozen to said rail?
I have heard that it is part of the rail by reason that it is attached to the rail. I have also heard that it is not. Been unable to find anything definitive in a rule book.

Thanks for any help

Old
  (#2)
hang-the-9
AzB Silver Member
hang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

11-13-2017, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n9neballking View Post
Does fuzz/pilling count as part of the rail when determining if a ball is frozen to said rail?
I have heard that it is part of the rail by reason that it is attached to the rail. I have also heard that it is not. Been unable to find anything definitive in a rule book.

Thanks for any help
I would not count it as being frozen if you can see light between the ball and the rail on either side of whatever fuzz is touching the ball. I don't think I have ever read or seen in any rules abut this situation.

"I'll back you against anyone, as long as you did not know you were playng for money"

Charter member of the D-Bag Club, we stick to the letter of the rules not the spirit, and up yours!

Old
  (#3)
Franky4Eyes
AzB Silver Member
Franky4Eyes has a reputation beyond reputeFranky4Eyes has a reputation beyond reputeFranky4Eyes has a reputation beyond reputeFranky4Eyes has a reputation beyond reputeFranky4Eyes has a reputation beyond reputeFranky4Eyes has a reputation beyond reputeFranky4Eyes has a reputation beyond reputeFranky4Eyes has a reputation beyond reputeFranky4Eyes has a reputation beyond reputeFranky4Eyes has a reputation beyond reputeFranky4Eyes has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

11-13-2017, 01:29 PM

From everything I've found nothing states any mention of
rail "fuzz."
I can imagine in gambling it might be something chewed on
for more than an instant, but the rail is the rail.
If it's not resting against the rail,
than it's not on the rail.
Like HT9 wrote above-
If you can see light between the rail and ball,
even if connected by a booger,
it's not on the rail.

Last edited by Franky4Eyes; 11-13-2017 at 01:31 PM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: