Kamui Black Clear Tips
Old
  (#1)
EagleSoar
AzB Bronze Member
EagleSoar is on a distinguished road

vCash: 500

Kamui Black Clear Tips - 11-10-2017, 12:58 PM

I just had two Kamui Black Soft Clear tips put on my two shafts. I have a problem with two shiny spots on the top of the tips whereby the cue ball would slide off the tips on occasion. I also had a hard clicking feel to the hit. I spoke to John at Kamui who told me there is a plastic cover that is on the top of the tip which needs to be taken off when installing and then the tip needs to be cut down to a nickel radius. He said that is why my cue ball is sliding off the cue tip. He indicated that my installer possibly wasn't aware that the plastic cover was on the Clear Kamui tips. My tip guy is one of the best in the area and didn't believe that there was a plastic covering on the Clear Kamui tips. He's been doing this for years and thought that was BS. My tip guy said I could bring them in and he'll try to fix them up for me. Has anyone else had this problem with their Clear Kamui tips being installed? Is there actually a clear plastic cover installed on the Black Kamui Clear tips? Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated.

Old
  (#2)
Keith E.
AzB Silver Member
Keith E. has a reputation beyond reputeKeith E. has a reputation beyond reputeKeith E. has a reputation beyond reputeKeith E. has a reputation beyond reputeKeith E. has a reputation beyond reputeKeith E. has a reputation beyond reputeKeith E. has a reputation beyond reputeKeith E. has a reputation beyond reputeKeith E. has a reputation beyond reputeKeith E. has a reputation beyond reputeKeith E. has a reputation beyond repute

11-10-2017, 06:41 PM

Yes, there is a plastic layer, on the top, that needs to be removed.

Keith

Old
  (#3)
Franky4Eyes
AzB Silver Member
Franky4Eyes has a reputation beyond reputeFranky4Eyes has a reputation beyond reputeFranky4Eyes has a reputation beyond reputeFranky4Eyes has a reputation beyond reputeFranky4Eyes has a reputation beyond reputeFranky4Eyes has a reputation beyond reputeFranky4Eyes has a reputation beyond reputeFranky4Eyes has a reputation beyond reputeFranky4Eyes has a reputation beyond reputeFranky4Eyes has a reputation beyond reputeFranky4Eyes has a reputation beyond repute

11-16-2017, 03:30 AM

I really like the tips. Have them on a few shafts.
Did he mention anything about the clicking?
One of mine makes the click sound, but the others don't.
I thought maybe it was a bad installation,
and possibly delaminated, but it's not.
Hits great. Just makes an annoying click.
Have never mis-cued with a Kamui though.

Old
  (#4)
Double-Dave
Developing cue-addict
Double-Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDouble-Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDouble-Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDouble-Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDouble-Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDouble-Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDouble-Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDouble-Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDouble-Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDouble-Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDouble-Dave has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5795

11-16-2017, 03:42 AM

Why would anyone that is "one of the best tip guys" in the area not know or let alone believe there's a plastic layer on both sides of the clear tips:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....L._SL1500_.jpg

Seems kinda obvious to me.

Regards, Dave

Playing cue: Cuechanger cocobolo
Break + jump cue: Cuechanger
Case: Sterling wave 4x8
League: NPB Superleague + Europoolleague + Top Pool League TPL1
Hours play: 8-10 per week

www.doubledavecues.com
www.budgetstukadoor.nl

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: