Old Sailor & Viking Cues

emf123

Up the Irons!!!
Silver Member
Hey all!!! I just picked these up last night from a guy who's not playing pool anymore, and wanted to share a few pics!!!

100_0356.jpg

100_0358.jpg

100_0360.jpg

100_0365.jpg

100_0366.jpg

The shaft was filthy but at least there wasn't any damage to it and I was able to clean it up real good with the Magic Eraser and some 1000 grit sandpaper. It's got some great shaftwood, nice tight grain which I tried to show in the last picture but it got washed out a little. I also took some leather cleaner to the wrap and got it cleaned up nice too:smile: Obviously it needs a new bumper and there's a chunk missing from the ringwork above the wrap. It actually looks like he used a veneer and wrapped it around the handle, which I haven't heard of but it should be fixeable. It hits very sweet and very stiff, part of which may be the WB tip. :thumbup:

100_0362.jpg

100_0364.jpg

The Viking isn't anything too special, 3 pointer with veneers, needs a re-finish though. The wrap is real coarse, kinda nasty. It hits good though, no squeaks or rattles.

Also part of the package deal was a Cuetec that I won't even think of dirtying your eyes with a picture of:wink:

cyrex

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
good pick up

Thanks for posting up pics. Love those old Viking window cues. And the sailor cues are beautiful too. I think Proficient has some nicely restored ones on their website in the photo gallery.

emf123

Up the Irons!!!
Silver Member
The veneers are white, red, and black. I plan on having it re-finished in the near future, so I'll probably hang onto it for a while but if I decide to sell it I'll let you know!

Here's another old Viking I picked up at a garage sale for $10. The shaft is warped but I had Dick Neighbors make me a replacement. :thumbup: The unique thing about this one is that they spelled Stoughton wrong! I guess they ran out of room, hah!!
100_0323.jpg

100_0327.jpg

jayman

Hi Mom!
Gold Member
Silver Member
emf123 said:
The veneers are white, red, and black. I plan on having it re-finished in the near future, so I'll probably hang onto it for a while but if I decide to sell it I'll let you know!

Here's another old Viking I picked up at a garage sale for $10. The shaft is warped but I had Dick Neighbors make me a replacement. :thumbup: The unique thing about this one is that they spelled Stoughton wrong! I guess they ran out of room, hah!!
100_0323.jpg

100_0327.jpg

Graet cue!

and yes,that is in fact why it it was spelled that way.
Gordon wanted folks to know where to find him.

Jayman.

jayman

Hi Mom!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Heres a few i picked up for a dollar each at the flea market :wink:

Attachments

• dollar cues.JPG
    dollar cues.JPG
    93.6 KB · Views: 2,718

emf123

Up the Irons!!!
Silver Member
Jayman - Nice score!! Those are sweet, totally over the top. Get out the bell bottoms and disco music:)

On the top cue, is that a Titlist blank?

Eric

jayman

Hi Mom!
Gold Member
Silver Member
emf123 said:
Jayman - Nice score!! Those are sweet, totally over the top. Get out the bell bottoms and disco music:)

On the top cue, is that a Titlist blank?

Eric

Yup its a titlist,its also a "stoton cue" and so is the bar cue conversion.

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
jayman said:
Heres a few i picked up for a dollar each at the flea market :wink:

Then I will offer you two dollars each for all of them and you can double your money.;)

BTW nice cues.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yup its a titlist,its also a "stoton cue" and so is the bar cue conversion.

As it happens I just landed the virtual twin to that Titlist Viking. Ebay find, and a nice price. :smile:

Mine is not a "Stoton" label, but it is printed on book binding not foil, so I am figuring the cue to be 1966/67.

It is marked "Viking Cue Company" in gold print on red book binding fabric. I think red was chosen to match the cue rings and it also has a red/white wrap to match.

The cue is also stamped "38 A" on the butt sleeve which I am thinking may have been the model designation.

The cue is in really nice condition and I consider it a real prize. The pictures do not do that cue justice. These are some of the Ebay pics. The rings are all tight, nothing loose. It looks rougher and dirtier in the pics than it actually is.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg