the CTE devotees
we know who you are
EVERYONE ELSE.....cte doubters and all the other ways to make a ball
WE KNOW WHO YOU ARE
to make an analogy
no jews would go into a church to say the messiah is still coming
no christians would say jesus was not the Messiah
and no muslim would say you guys are both wrong
i may not be accurate with my facts but i hope you can understand where i am going
LEAVE EACH OTHER ALONE
you wont get a jew to convert to christianity
and you wont get a christian to convert to judiasim
so just let the aimng guys beleive what they want
is that so difilcut??

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
HEY GUYS
MY 2 CENTS
the CTE devotees
we know who you are
EVERYONE ELSE.....cte doubters and all the other ways to make a ball
WE KNOW WHO YOU ARE
to make an analogy
no jews would go into a church to say the messiah is still coming
no christians would say jesus was not the Messiah
and no muslim would say you guys are both wrong
i may not be accurate with my facts but i hope you can understand where i am going
LEAVE EACH OTHER ALONE
you wont get a jew to convert to christianity
and you wont get a christian to convert to judiasim
is that so difilcut??
-----------------

Last edited:

BilliardsAbout

BondFanEvents.com
Silver Member
I'm a Messianic Jew and I think you misunderstand Judaism and Christianity both--but I like peacemaking. Good post.

Since Jesus was Jewish and claimed to be Messiah, it would behoove my brethren to read the NT and learn for themselves about Jesus. I realized a while ago that since no one is morally perfect, no one can get to the coming Kingdom, which is a utopia, unless they are transformed.

I'm still not ready to go to Heaven, the moment I hurt your feelings (which I may have with this post), Heaven isn't a utopia for you. When the time comes, however, because I've trusted in the cross of Christ, the horrible death He suffered for us followed by a glorious resurrection, I will be transformed so that I can enter Heaven.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
FYI, there are Messianic Jews. I am one.
(the reason behind your post is great, though. "Live and let live" comes to mind)
Keep on truckin'
:thumbup:

I'm a Messianic Jew and I think you misunderstand Judaism and Christianity both--but I like peacemaking. Good post.

Since Jesus was Jewish and claimed to be Messiah, it would behoove my brethren to read the NT and learn for themselves about Jesus. I realized a while ago that since no one is morally perfect, no one can get to the coming Kingdom, which is a utopia, unless they are transformed.

I'm still not ready to go to Heaven, the moment I hurt your feelings (which I may have with this post), Heaven isn't a utopia for you. When the time comes, however, because I've trusted in the cross of Christ, the horrible death He suffered for us followed by a glorious resurrection, I will be transformed so that I can enter Heaven.
OK..OK my analogy was not perfect ...maybe it sucked
i had to look up Messianic jews since i had never heard of it
MY BAD
and
I APOLOGIZE
lets look at the gist of what i was trying to say
and not get into a religion discussion
Low500 said it well
LIVE AND LET LIVE

paultex

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, if one does not technically or conventionally or traditionally "aim" like myself, then in all reality I figured I got no business here and that just dawned on me yesterday when you wrote this BBB. But I don't recall ever arguing about aiming and aiming does have merit and maybe one day I will aim.

I just don't see how one can aim though without a delivery system that matches the aim, so the question is, does aim or delivery get the job done.

I can aim all day and miss because my stroke alignment does not match the visual aim and a correct visual does offer consistency to open a door of stepping into correct alignment once the whole thing is understood.

But if I understand the delivery aspect deeply and correctly, I don't really have to aim. I can align to the path. So it seems to me, ultimately, alignment is the more important factor but it's more involved and harder to do but it develops a better understanding of what going on and what's associated with the task of ultimately making cb land at a static destination.

Therefore, alignment is the system and that's my belief. But this is a aiming forum, therefore there really shouldn't be any argument other than what aiming systems are complete or more complete than others, but that brings in the argument of objectivity vs complete, because any aiming system technically can be complete, but then maybe harder or impossible to explain objectively but then again, I know for a fact, that with technology and lasers and sophisticated camera programs and so forth, any rational aiming system can be objectively explained but then the implementation process becomes a problem unless one is emersed into a technological medium or environment to physically line you up with the stated objectivity.

I would say visual angling and the ability to verify the eyes directions toward "intention" would be the key and the start.

When I read about a 5/8 overlap or fractional equivalent from a long distance, not getting the job done, thus a possible flaw in the system or whatever, yet the discussion of remedy is angular math and or geometry but never delivery as a possible factor, I think that is rediculous because now you enter visual band aids that NEVER ends for just one shot relationship. I ran my own math and experience on this and its a pandora's box.

Ya'll have a good time now, yuh hear?!

Good bye and good luck. Anything can be done and it doesn't really matter how if one can make it work but its got to be a complete working model of results. If a guy shoots behind his back and a multitude of other techniques of eyes half closed and one eye closed for this shot, but close the other for this shot and this shot, shoot left handed but with fractional and the this shot with CTE, then I say BEAUTIFUL if it all works and plays at a professional level. If it isn't at that level, I personally would still not dismiss the methodology as long as said person had an explanation for any shot requirement and can explain it rationally but if it involves, "well, I load up top right to make the cb spin right but to spin it left is impossible or unecessary or going against the grain of physics", then I'll just say ok, and ask another question or whatever. I know what the realities are and the most important one, even though I know the person is wrong, that this nut bag has shots I can learn something from, even if it means how NOT TO DO IT, but I haven't seen anyone yet that hasn't shocked me one way or another.

I know a stone cold amateur, jacks up 45 degrees for every shot, i call it the dive bomber attack style. Obviously not ideal and one can argue comfortably that he misses many shots because of it. I made a tremendous mistake of saying he will eventually have to change that style but after contemplating for a day and thinking about alex Higgins, I told this kid to not change it if he was comfortable with it and showed him some alex Higgins videos and he really liked it and I said keep doing what you're doing and go with the flow.

This kid can make a cb follow 8ft up table with the cb 1" from the ob and the sound the contact makes is very distinct. I never heard that sound before ever and he's not fouling the cb, its a clean hit.

Adios.

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member

I just don't see how one can aim though without a delivery system that matches the aim, so the question is, does aim or delivery get the job done.

Right on.....no aiming is really worth a lick unless you're capable of delivering the cue stick accurately. When wonky-stroked players miss shots, they have no idea if they missed due to inaccurate aim or inaccurate stroke delivery. That's why learning to play pool is so difficult and time consuming, and why most players never get any better than mediocre -- they have two inconsistent unknowns continually taking turns sabotaging various shots. Every now and then, by a matter of pure probability, the stroke and aim come together and the OB hits the pocket. Lol.

This is where a solid aiming system can help. If a player knows where to aim without guessing or relying on subjectivity, and ends up missing the shot, the problem is 100% in the delivery because the aim is no longer an unknown. I proved this with a nice experiment involving a non-pool player with a horrible stroke. As long as she knew exactly where to aim, and the CB was close to the OB, she did a fine job pocketing balls. Mainly because I'll.inated one unknown (the aim) and reduced the other (stroke flaws).

Sorry, Larry, for off thread comments. But you are dead on with your peace thread.

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I bought the Express Pass to Hell a long time ago.

No lines. No waiting. Concierge Service included :)

Lou Figueroa
I think I'm entitled
to a carry-on too

BilliardsAbout

BondFanEvents.com
Silver Member
OK..OK my analogy was not perfect ...maybe it sucked
i had to look up Messianic jews since i had never heard of it
MY BAD
and
I APOLOGIZE
lets look at the gist of what i was trying to say
and not get into a religion discussion
Low500 said it well
LIVE AND LET LIVE

Wouldn't "Live and Let Live" include allowing me to express my religiosity?

BilliardsAbout

BondFanEvents.com
Silver Member
I bought the Express Pass to Hell a long time ago.

No lines. No waiting. Concierge Service included :)

Lou Figueroa
I think I'm entitled
to a carry-on too

Why would anyone desire to go to a "resort" where people like Hitler and Stalin are the concierge staff?

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
HEY GUYS
is that so difilcut??

You are missing the point. The argument isn't about how to aim. Saying any more would cause another flame war and possible bans. This is a touchy touchy place with lots of people with chips on their shoulders.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
i regret starting this thread
my intentions were honorable
i guess no good deed goes unpunished
stan i dont know how you have persisted all these years
i will keep my nose out of others quarrells

Last edited:

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
i regret starting this thread
my intentions were hinorable
i guess no good deed goes unpunished
stan i dont know how you have persisted all these years
i will keep my nose out of others quarrells

I know your intentions were good. :thumbup:

The aiming forum is definitely a different world. For one thing, it's supposed to be a place where players can discuss aiming, ANY form of aiming, not strictly geared toward aiming systems.

I don't know....maybe on a website out there somewhere there's a "Runners Forum" where runners from around the world go to learn and converse with each other about breathing techniques or what have you. And in that forum maybe they have flame wars over which running shoes are the best. Lol. I doubt it, but I guess it's a very real possibility.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I don't know....maybe on a website out there somewhere there's a "Runners Forum" where runners from around the world go to learn and converse with each other about breathing techniques or what have you. And in that forum maybe they have flame wars over which running shoes are the best. Lol. I doubt it, but I guess it's a very real possibility.

There is no Lol and it's reality, not possibility. It exists and they have flame wars. Here's a forum that probably got sick of it and moved to Facebook instead.

https://www.runnersworld.com/help/forums-moved

A lot of pro players who used to post at AZ got sick of the crap and went to Facebook.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe too many runners who thought they knew it all kept getting "chapped asses" and "groin burn" from running so much and took it out on those in the know. So those in the know said bye-bye.

lol. I like the one where 5 pro runners take 5 different trails and keep ending up at the exact same finish line! Mysterious and hilarious at the same time. I think I saw a Benny Hill sketch just like it, except for the petticoats, of course! :thumbup: