Update on the SBE 14.1 Challenge

ForumGhost516

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well guys here we are at this point.

We are up to 2000 dollars total at this point.

This does not include the raffle items that are being donated to us at the expo from pooltees.com, pete tonkin custom cues etc.

LADIES AND GENTLEMAN WE HAVE A CLOTH SPONSOR IN MILLIKEN TO THE TUNE OF $500.00. I would like to personally thank Matt from Sterling Fury and Milliken Cloth for helping out this incredible event.

Guys if anyone knows anyone who might be interested in sponsoring this event in or out of the billiard world please let me know asap.

WE ARE SO CLOSE GUYS THIS IS THE FINAL STRETCH !!!!!

Thanks

Charlie

Last edited:

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Charlie,

as i told you before you really are the man, for all the hard work that you have put into this. we all owe you a debt of gratitude !!

Steve

ForumGhost516

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Its a labor of love Steve completely. This event and many others like it like Kevin Vidals event coming up in Albany Scott Abramowitz's North Jersey Straight Pool Tour, Bob Jewett's Derby City 14.1 Challenge and of course the World Straight Pool Championships are an integral part of cue-sports as we know them.

I look forward to meeting everyone down there and hope to see you all there.

Charlie

john schmidt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
great job

Its a labor of love Steve completely. This event and many others like it like Kevin Vidals event coming up in Albany Scott Abramowitz's North Jersey Straight Pool Tour, Bob Jewett's Derby City 14.1 Challenge and of course the World Straight Pool Championships are an integral part of cue-sports as we know them.

I look forward to meeting everyone down there and hope to see you all there.

Charlie

no matter what happends you da man for putting this together.
hopefully all runs will be added together for total score.

also i think its a great chance for a,b,c,d, players etc to play against the top 14.1 players for real cheap.

looking forward to trying my luck in your event.

ForumGhost516

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
no matter what happends you da man for putting this together.
hopefully all runs will be added together for total score.

also i think its a great chance for a,b,c,d, players etc to play against the top 14.1 players for real cheap.

looking forward to trying my luck in your event.

John it will be an honor to have a player of your caliber in our event. The original plan is to take the 5 runs and create an average from those runs and use that as your total score.

The top 8 averages will go into the final single elimination tournament.

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
John it will be an honor to have a player of your caliber in our event. The original plan is to take the 5 runs and create an average from those runs and use that as your total score.

The top 8 averages will go into the final single elimination tournament.

Sorry guys, I have a couple of questions for you:

1. Can you please explain the rules to me (not the rules of 14.1 but the format of the event)? I have never played this before and just want to know exactly what I'm getting into.

2. How much is the entry fee?

3. What are the races to in the tournament?

selftaut

straight pool nut
Silver Member
Sorry guys, I have a couple of questions for you:

1. Can you please explain the rules to me (not the rules of 14.1 but the format of the event)? I have never played this before and just want to know exactly what I'm getting into.

2. How much is the entry fee?

3. What are the races to in the tournament?

Players will qualify into a final 8 player single elimination format, 100 points planned for the final 8.

Planned is $25 "buy-in" into the qualifier round, unlimited buy-ins allowed, to try and get your best score and qualify into the final 8.

The qualifiers will be for 2 or 3 days then the final 8 will play on the final day of the SBE.

To qualify you set up a breakball and rack the remaining 14 and run until you miss or foul, each buy-in is 5 tries to do this and the average score of your 5 tries is your qualifying score toward the final 8.

The buy-ins create the prize pool.

ForumGhost516

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Easy-E the way its going to go is as follows.

1. 25 dollar entry fee will get you five attempts at the table with ball in hand and a break ball.

2. The player will run until he either misses or fouls.

3. The total of the five runs will be used to create an average for that entry.

for example if a player runs a 22, 25, 26, 27, 28 you figure his average will be - 25 and change i'm leaving out the decimal for arguments sake.

4. From that point the top 8 averages will go into a single elimination 8 man tournament.

5. The initial matches will be races to 100 with the semifinals and finals to 150.

Thats pretty much the jist of it.

If you have any other questions please feel free to get in touch.

Charlie

Skess

Another sidearmer...
Silver Member
Any idea yet where this will be set up? Upper or lower level? Do you know the booth numbers?

ForumGhost516

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any idea yet where this will be set up? Upper or lower level? Do you know the booth numbers?

I was told that this is going to be downstairs near the league tournament areas.

I have not been told which booth numbers as of yet.

14-1StraightMan

High Run 127
Silver Member
Sounds great

Hey Easy-E the way its going to go is as follows.

1. 25 dollar entry fee will get you five attempts at the table with ball in hand and a break ball.

2. The player will run until he either misses or fouls.

3. The total of the five runs will be used to create an average for that entry.

for example if a player runs a 22, 25, 26, 27, 28 you figure his average will be - 25 and change I'm leaving out the decimal for arguments sake.

4. From that point the top 8 averages will go into a single elimination 8 man tournament.

5. The initial matches will be races to 100 with the semifinals and finals to 150.

Thats pretty much the jist of it.

If you have any other questions please feel free to get in touch.

Charlie

Charlie, sounds like a great formate. It's a great & fair idea. I think this will help establish this program for a long time. Glad that I can help out and count me in to help out in the years to come. Maybe some day, I can make plans to give it a try. It would be an honor to make it near the top 8.
Mike

Last edited:

ForumGhost516

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Charlie, sounds like a great formate. It's a great & fair idea. I think this will help establish this program for a long time. Glad that I can help out and count me in to help out in the years to come. Maybe some day, I can make plans to give it a try. It would be an honor to make it near the top 8.
Mike

Trust me its guys like you that are making this event happen. I'm just the go to guy who is making the phone calls.

Steve Kurtz came up with the idea one night as we were just bullshitting. He gave me the idea to do this and left the event in my hands as my family business is event planning so I guess he figured i might have some experience. lol

Kevin Vidal has been a massive resource and help and without him I think I would have gone nuts trying to plan this thing lol.

Bob Jewett was the first to get involved with a massive 1,000 dollar donation.

Diamond stepped up and is giving us two nine footers for the four booths we are going to have.

Pete Tonkin Custom Cues put in the 1500 dollar custom cue that is going to be raffled off at the expo.

pooltees.com is graciously giving us some of their stock to raffle off as well and of course

last but certainly nowhere near least Milliken Cloth (Sterling Fury) has stepped up with a huge $500.00 donation as well.

I am inspired though by the outpouring and support by the az members who have opened their wallets to this incredible event.

I am looking really forward to seeing everybody down there and i cant wait to get to valley forge and start getting the booths set up.

Thanks again.

Last edited:

Skess

Another sidearmer...
Silver Member
I was told that this is going to be downstairs near the league tournament areas.

I have not been told which booth numbers as of yet.

That's cool. I was hoping it was downstairs. I'll be playing in the league events so I'll be close enough to sneak over and watch some 14.1.

ForumGhost516

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey guys I am proud to say that one of our esteemed AZ sellers Joe Lolley aka Bamacues has joined our merry band and will be selling cues within our booth space.

Joe is a well trusted member on this forum and his reputation is beyond refute. I am proud to have him selling cues within our booths. The only problem I have with it is that I will be too tempted to buy some from him lol lol lol.

Also he is making a very nice $200.00 donation.

With the money we have now and his donation I do believe that will put us at the three thousand dollar mark. ALLEN HOPKINS GET YOUR BOOTHS READY !!!

Charlie

Last edited:

selftaut

straight pool nut
Silver Member
Hey guys I am proud to say that one of our esteemed AZ sellers Joe Lolley aka Bamacues has joined our merry band and will be selling cues within our booth space.

Joe is a well trusted member on this forum and his reputation is beyond refute. I am proud to have him selling cues within our booths. The only problem I have with it is that I will be too tempted to buy some from him lol lol lol.

Also he is making a very nice $200.00 donation.

With the money we have now and his donation I do believe that will put us at the three thousand dollar mark. ALLEN HOPKINS GET YOUR BOOTHS READY !!!

Charlie

Lottsa great news Charlie!!

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Do you have a schedule of what day this will start.I plan on coming to the event and also do I need to sign up in advance.

Thanks,

Bobby c.

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
I am sure that once the deal is sealed with Hopkins on Monday, we will have more specific info such as times and dates etc etc....

Thank you all again sooo much !!!
Steve

ForumGhost516

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do you have a schedule of what day this will start.I plan on coming to the event and also do I need to sign up in advance.

Thanks,

Bobby c.

Hey Bobby its great to hear you are going to be playing. To answer your questions Thursday through Saturday the prelims will be running open to close around the clock.

Sunday is going to be the final single elimination tournament.

No you do not have to sign up in advance.

The way you have been hitting them lately Bobby the final eight may have just become final seven.

Thanks again

Charlie