Best players in the Dallas, Fort Worth area?

FortWorthSteve

Registered
Here is my opinion of the best players in DFW

in no particular order, the best players in the DFW area are,
Retired : Dick Lane, Bob Vanover

Active : Jeremy Jones, Steve Sheppard, Bill Incardona

As always, there are probably super players around that no one knows about, or their profile is low key.

Who do you know about ?

poolmouse

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
in no particular order, the best players in the DFW area are,
Retired : Dick Lane, Bob Vanover

Active : Jeremy Jones, Steve Sheppard, Bill Incardona

As always, there are probably super players around that no one knows about, or their profile is low key.

Who do you know about ?

I guess these guys are always on the road. I've been to the biggest poolrooms in the DFW area and all I ever see are 9-ball hustlers ("Wanna play some cheap sets?"). I guess pool is living up to its reputation...can't find a friendly game, only a bunch of starving hustlers trying to make enough for a sandwich. Disappointing.

Samiel

Sea Player
Silver Member
There are a lot of friendly players in the DFW area... maybe the top ones just don't play cheap! :p

I'll add Coy Lee Nichols to the list... though I haven't seen him lately.

14-1StraightMan

High Run 127
Silver Member
League

I guess these guys are always on the road. I've been to the biggest poolrooms in the DFW area and all I ever see are 9-ball hustlers ("Wanna play some cheap sets?"). I guess pool is living up to its reputation...can't find a friendly game, only a bunch of starving hustlers trying to make enough for a sandwich. Disappointing.

If you really want to meet good people/players like your self. You need to join the (BCA) Dallas 8 Ball League. There are a ton of very good players to play against and friendships to make. You do not have to play every week and it would be easy to be a part time player. The League has three divisions: B, A, and A Master. B's play on Tues, A on Wed. & A Master on Thursday. We even have Jeremy Jones playing in our League. That is the right way to go if you want gentlemen matches & to start new friendships.