That damned Bob Jewett

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To be fair to Bob (#$^&@@*(%) I drove in on Friday, and got a full night's sleep. No excuses, he seemed to hesitate early in the game. Then when I got far ahead, he tightened up his game, played more carefully, more deliberately.

Bob inched his way back but eventually made a mistake leaving me an open kiss shot into the corner (the 11 ball in the attached image). There were plenty of balls available to run the final few balls I needed.

I decided not to take the shot, since I was too close to winning, and I felt the 11 would bounce off the side rail. Bob took a look at the shot and without hesitation made it, and ran out.

Why not the 12/14 combination on the rail?

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Why not the 12/14 combination on the rail?

It might have been at a worse angle for the real layout. Only the three balls involved were important for the shot. The other balls were less spread out, IIRC.

poolmouse

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It might have been at a worse angle for the real layout. Only the three balls involved were important for the shot. The other balls were less spread out, IIRC.

Yep the rest of the balls were a mess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

poolmouse

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was happy to read your post and glad to see that you are getting to play. Five hours of driving is not easy and then try to play a serious match up to speed. Very hard to do... Looks like you played well and you had Bob..... at least for a little while... Congrats to Bob for making such a nice come back. Keep in touch.

Would be nice to see more 14.1 here in the Los Angeles area.

DJKeys

Sound Design
Silver Member
Congrats Bob!

I can say from experience that Bob has been shooting very consistently well as of late. Sometimes I get tired of racking for him!

:)

-dj

poolmouse

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can say from experience that Bob has been shooting very consistently well as of late. Sometimes I get tired of racking for him!

:)

-dj

Unfortunately I only get a chance to shoot once a month or so. Not enough to get back instroke. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't rack as much if I played even a couple times a week. ;)

koreandragon

Banned
Gold Member
very exciting!

I very rarely play. I try to jump on the Mezz West State Tour, to give them my support. But it's 9 ball. I really hate 9 ball. The only real game for me is 14.1.

So I had to decide this weekend. Play in the Mezz West State Tour, or play in the 14.1 World Tournament qualifier in Monterey, CA.

Duh! I decided to go to play in the 14.1 qualifier. I got in the car, and five hours later I'm warming up at Easy Street Billiards.

I lose my first match, couldn't get a feel for things. I couldn't really aim. I couldn't decide when to release the cue. I couldn't feel how hard or soft to hit the cue ball. I was a mess. I guess I should accept that, since I only play once a month.

The first game turned out to be a good warm up. I won my next two matches fairly easily I'm starting to get in stroke.

I'm up against Bob Jewett in my fourth match. By then I'm shooting about 40% of my speed. I jump up to a 94-48 lead. Then something happened. Bob Jewett outshoots me and wins 100-94.

Now I know how Deadpool felt.