Cohen runs 431 !!!

Voodoo Daddy

One Pocket 101
Came from an excellent source that Stefan Cohen put together a smooth 431 today in Paris...not bad for a self taught through video {and a lil help from Danny D} player!!

George Fels

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stefan Cohen's run

More than "a lil help" from Danny D, I'd say; they've worked together on two continents. But that is REALLY a tremendous run. He's apparently learned his lessons well. GF

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
HOLY SHIT !!!!!

Sorry for the language, i couldnt hold that in !!!!

I guess someone is gearing up for the worlds !!!!

acousticsguru

player/instructor
Silver Member
Félicitations Stephan!! :thumbup:

(As to confirmation, Stephan himself discusses the apparently "easy" missed 432nd ball with friends on Facebook - and that he'll prefer to remember the 431 before that one, so…)

Greetings from Switzerland, David.

„J'ai gâché vingt ans de mes plus belles années au billard. Si c'était à refaire, je recommencerais.“ – Roger Conti

Last edited:

Voodoo Daddy

One Pocket 101
More than "a lil help" from Danny D, I'd say; they've worked together on two continents. But that is REALLY a tremendous run. He's apparently learned his lessons well. GF

I knew someone would have mistaken my humor, figures it would be a literary man. I watched them work together in South Florida when Stefan made his maiden voyage. HE also told me what an impact Danny made in his game long before he won the 14.1 title while I sparred with him daily the few months he was here.

Voo~~~appologizes for my attempt at inside humor, foiled again!!

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
I knew someone would have mistaken my humor, figures it would be a literary man. I watched them work together in South Florida when Stefan made his maiden voyage. HE also told me what an impact Danny made in his game long before he won the 14.1 title while I sparred with him daily the few months he was here.

Voo~~~appologizes for my attempt at inside humor, foiled again!!

Steve,
Your career as a pool comedian is officially over.

Ron F

Ron F
Silver Member
Stephan

I'm so happy for Stephan!!! He's a really down to earth, likable guy with his head on straight. This is a fantastic achievement! I hope it was taped so we can all marvel at his skill. Wow! A 431! Any idea where that places him for confirmed runs?

Ron F

Vahmurka

...and I get all da rolls
Silver Member
that's freakin awesome!!! Nothing to add to what Steve K. said.
Mosconi 526, Engert 491, Cohen is right after?

Bobby

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I think it either ties him with Gene Nagy or puts him one ahead of him. Nagy ran either 430 or 431, I can't remember which.

ULTIMATE-BILL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Equipment info?

Impressive. What type of equipment? It does'nt matter it is impressive. But i would like to know who made the table and what size. Mosconi did his on a 4 x 8.
I wonder what the high run on a 5 x 10 is.

I think it would be good to keep seperate records per size of table and size of pockets.

Anyway just asking.

As always straight-ahooting and safe travels ultimate-bill.

Bobby

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Impressive. What type of equipment? It does'nt matter it is impressive. But i would like to know who made the table and what size. Mosconi did his on a 4 x 8.
I wonder what the high run on a 5 x 10 is.

I think it would be good to keep seperate records per size of table and size of pockets.

Anyway just asking.

As always straight-ahooting and safe travels ultimate-bill.

Mosconi has the official high run on a 5 x 10 with 353 balls...he also unofficially ran 365 on a 5 x 10.

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
Came from an excellent source that Stefan Cohen put together a smooth 431 today in Paris...not bad for a self taught through video {and a lil help from Danny D} player!!

I was talking to Danny yesterday and gave him the news.

He was excited to hear about it.

Just in time for the World's.

Steve Kur better hope he doesn't get him in his group. :cool:

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
I was talking to Danny yesterday and gave him the news.

He was excited to hear about it.

Just in time for the World's.

Steve Kur better hope he doesn't get him in his group. :cool:

If he does end up in my group it would be an honor, and his ass is going down 431....pfft !!!! Lol

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member

I think it either ties him with Gene Nagy or puts him one ahead of him. Nagy ran either 430 or 431, I can't remember which.

You guys are correct -- Stephan's 431 places him right behind Thomas Engert's 492; at least according to this:

http://hermund.ardalen.com/straightpoolhighruns.htm

400 Plus
Thomas Engert 492
Gene Nagy 430
Dallas West 429
Ray Martin 426
Allen Hopkins 421
Thorsten Hohmann 408
Earl Strickland 408
Alain Martel 408
[...]
(Sidenote: it's sad this page isn't maintained anymore. I wish it was, or at least the information on this page slurped onto another site and updated periodically.)

I love Stephan's focus when he's playing, as well as his quick pace. I was ringside during Stephan's match with Mika during the 2009 14.1 Championship (in the Accu-Stats video, I'm the one with the yellow "Banking with the Beard" long-sleeve shirt to Mika's right), and Stephan didn't let the fact he was more than 125 balls down faze him. He just got right up there, and took care of bidness! Afterwards, his emotions in expressing gratitude to Danny D. showed just what a wonderful human being he is.

I think we're going to be seeing some more great achievements in the 14.1 world from him!

-Sean

Ron F

Ron F
Silver Member
List

You guys are correct -- Stephan's 431 places him right behind Thomas Engert's 492; at least according to this:

http://hermund.ardalen.com/straightpoolhighruns.htm

400 Plus
Thomas Engert 492
Gene Nagy 430
Dallas West 429
Ray Martin 426
Allen Hopkins 421
Thorsten Hohmann 408
Earl Strickland 408
Alain Martel 408
[...]
(Sidenote: it's sad this page isn't maintained anymore. I wish it was, or at least the information on this page slurped onto another site and updated periodically.)

I love Stephan's focus when he's playing, as well as his quick pace. I was ringside during Stephan's match with Mika during the 2009 14.1 Championship (in the Accu-Stats video, I'm the one with the yellow "Banking with the Beard" long-sleeve shirt to Mika's right), and Stephan didn't let the fact he was more than 125 balls down faze him. He just got right up there, and took care of bidness! Afterwards, his emotions in expressing gratitude to Danny D. showed just what a wonderful human being he is.

I think we're going to be seeing some more great achievements in the 14.1 world from him!

-Sean

That list isn't very complete, though. No Rempe? Where's Daya?I think we should collectively, as Steve asserted yesterday in a text to me, start a High Runs In Straight Pool Wiki Page? Anyone know how to start it off?

Ron F

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
That list isn't very complete, though. No Rempe? Where's Daya?I think we should collectively, as Steve asserted yesterday in a text to me, start a High Runs In Straight Pool Wiki Page? Anyone know how to start it off?

Ron F

I'm not sure how to start one, but the list better include the late Pat Howey (poolshark52) - High run of 338. His name does not appear on any of the lists that I have seen so far.