Seen one of the most awful things

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
I'd bet my cue the guy was drunk and if you got his license plate and called the cops it would be more than a class b misdemeanor.

It is funny to see so many people saying whatever you do, don't get the cops involved.

I first started playing pool in the 60's in a small town in Northwest Iowa and if any outsider had done what this dirtbag did he would have needed divine intervention to get out of the county without being stopped and by the time they finished with him and confiscated his car and all of his cash and put his sorry ass on the next train out of town they wouldn't have to wonder whether he learned his lesson.

He broke a kid's cheap cue in a moment of rage. Stupid? Of course.

But that's all he did. He'll get punished for it without cops being involved, if this thread is any indication. You're saying that the cops should get involved and take his car, his freedom, his cash so there'd be justice? How's that justice? Who's gonna pay for the train ticket? Who is going to pay for the kid's new cue? Who's gonna pay for the police to do that?

And this is now, not the 1950's Iowa. Cops are no longer friends of the public, but thugs for the state. Hell, the kid would be the first to be arrested, then the hall owner for child endagerment, then close down the place for gambling, then extort the owner so he can stay open, etc. etc. Those risks nowadays just aren't worth calling the cops, imho.

Jeff Livingston

spanky79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have tried to avoid any kind of violence my entire life. But, In this situation, especially if this was my child, that broken cue would be somewhere the sun doesnt shine.

Some people just dont learn without a beating.

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
most times it doesn't take that much to make someone all of a sudden agreeable.

I've thought about this for a few days now. What would I do if someone did it to me. I'd call the front desk and let the owner handle it. I'd rather eat the price of the cue then the baloney sandwiches in the house of correction. I've had moments of spontaneous reactions instantly regretted. Calling the cops would not be in the best interest of the house. I understand Fran's concerns and I agree with her. I'm a adult and don't make sexual innuendos via pictures or any other way when children are around. That being said this is like it or not a adult site IMHO. Not x but maybe a soft R?

At college billiards in San Diego I drove my bro there and his gf was meeting us there, well I was parking my car on the side street next to it and my bro's gf had showed up so he got out of my car to meet her.

There was a VW bug that was stuck there that I was parallel parking behind when a tow truck was backing up to tow it away. The tow truck driver asked me to wait a minute so he could get it out of there so I stopped parking for a minute.

This guy that was waiting to turn left onto the side street I was attempting to park on didn't realize that I was asked to wait to park by the tow truck driver and when he turned onto the street he yelled at me that I needed to learn how to F#$%ing park.

My bro was walking down the sidewalk to meet his gf who was in an SUV behind this guy waiting to turn left also. This didn't realize that my bro was with me and when my bro lost it and yelled some stuff at him.

This guy parked in the apartment complex behind college billiards and got out and came after my bro.

By this time the tow truck driver had taken out the vw bug and I had pulled to the bottom of the street and was about to back in when I look in my rear view and see my bro holding his foot in a side kick in this guys face as a warning to back off.

I throw the car in park and rush out and run up the street. I take off my sunglasses and hand them to Chris and say I'll take care of this. I'm 3 inches taller than Chris and about 35 lbs heavier. I was 6'1" and 200 lbs of solid muscle at the time.

I come at this guy and he starts to back off. Then I just say get the F#$% out of here and he turns around and runs away. If I would've let my bro continue, this guy would've ended up in the hospital.

A lot of times you can do the trick without having to do anything that will land you in jail and a lot of the times, when you have witnesses, self defense will let one guy get off. But to not do what needs to be done out of fear...whether it be fear of the person or fear of jail just ain't in my nature, and I've been in lots of fights but not once booked in jail (knock on wood).

Jaden

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
I was playing 8 ball on a bar box one night in this club in Beaumont Texas must have been about 1986 was playing for $5 a game and i am up a couple of games. My best friend who is standing at the bar and talking to this big Cow Boy. I am getting down to shoot and this big Cow boy walks up and i as i raised up he hit me so hard i swear i could hear bells ringing , he back up and i am still seeing stars but getting my wits about a rared back with my cue to hit him and he backs off saying sorry not looking for trouble , by now i am as mad as a wet hen , and the bouncers throw us all out , In the parking llot i am ready to fight looking for the guy and i see my best friend talking to him and see him pass some Money to my friend , I am standing there wondering what the hell is happening , and up bops my best friend grinning from ear to ear , He said " I bet that big SOB $200 he could'nt knock you out with one lick" needless to say me and him had a pretty serious discussion about his betting habits. We are still best friends to this day but he dont know how close he came to losing that bet , damn i have never been hit that hard in my life , Glad i goot a thick skull

Good one!

Will Prout

Stones

YEAH, I'M WOOFING AT YOU!
Silver Member
I'm afraid I would have helped Mr. Douche through the front door................head first.

Years ago, had a guy do basically the same thing only to a young lady. He woke up in the dumpster behind our poolroom about an hour later covered with stale beer.

Stones

Last edited: