Seen one of the most awful things

warfdiesel

Getting Better
Silver Member
I went to a small local tournament last night to be an official. The tournament is for D players and down. There were guys and in the tournament. A young man played his heart out to get to the finals out of the losers bracket. He had to play an older guy in the finals. The young man( his name is Eric) played great and won the first set. That's when the trouble started.

This 30+ year old guy he was playing starts talking mean and nasty to a 14 year old kid. We come over and tell him to stop and he seems like he is calming down. Anyway after a close set and Eric having to listen to this douche bag berate him he won the second set. His first tournament win and I have never seen a kid so happy.

But then this happened:

This douche comes over and grabs the boys cue and snaps it in half right in front of him. Told him he was lucky and couldn't be him if we hadn't of made him stop talking. The look on his face was like you had just killed his dog. Here this boys plays his ass off only to have this happen. I feel awful. The boy doesn't have the money to buy another cue and is really upset. With Christmas time here money is tight around my house as well. So I was seeing if anyone here had a really cheap cue laying around for this kid to play with.

I was going to put this in the wanted for sale section but with all the people wanting 50 dollar cues I was afraid of the backlash. Any help would be appreciated. However I know money is right and if no help is available then maybe just some words of encouragement would help him.

krupa

The Dream Operator
Silver Member
I hope that asshat is banned from further tournaments.

I have a cue I don't use but I don't think I can get it in the mail until after the new year. If that's cool, PM me your address and I'll get it in the mail as soon as I can.

Culinarytracker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow, if that would have happened in my hall, I doubt his feet would have been touching the ground on his way out of there.

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I went to a small local tournament last night to be an official. The tournament is for D players and down. There were guys and in the tournament. A young man played his heart out to get to the finals out of the losers bracket. He had to play an older guy in the finals. The young man( his name is Eric) played great and won the first set. That's when the trouble started.

This 30+ year old guy he was playing starts talking mean and nasty to a 14 year old kid. We come over and tell him to stop and he seems like he is calming down. Anyway after a close set and Eric having to listen to this douche bag berate him he won the second set. His first tournament win and I have never seen a kid so happy.

But then this happened:

This douche comes over and grabs the boys cue and snaps it in half right in front of him. Told him he was lucky and couldn't be him if we hadn't of made him stop talking. The look on his face was like you had just killed his dog. Here this boys plays his ass off only to have this happen. I feel awful. The boy doesn't have the money to buy another cue and is really upset. With Christmas time here money is tight around my house as well. So I was seeing if anyone here had a really cheap cue laying around for this kid to play with.

I was going to put this in the wanted for sale section but with all the people wanting 50 dollar cues I was afraid of the backlash. Any help would be appreciated. However I know money is right and if no help is available then maybe just some words of encouragement would help him.

:happydance:

I am willing to donate a pool cue to this young player. Does he prefer a 19 or 20 ounce cue?

You can PM me with an address to send it to.:smile:

3RAILKICK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any repercussions for Mr 'douche'?

Was it winner take all?

Did Mr 'douche' get paid despite this display?

Anybody get in his face to back up this kid?

This should be his last time in the room let alone a tournament.

86 this guy.

The 'douche' has a lot of growing up to do.

The kid got a taste of some of what's wrong with some pool players.

krupa

The Dream Operator
Silver Member
As for words of encouragement... not all pool players are 200 lbs of horeshit piled 6 feet high.

warfdiesel

Getting Better
Silver Member
Any repercussions for Mr 'douche'?

Was it winner take all?

Did Mr 'douche' get paid despite this display?

Anybody get in his face to back up this kid?

This should be his last time in the room let alone a tournament.

86 this guy.

The 'douche' has a lot of growing up to do.

The kid got a taste of some of what's wrong with some pool players.

I tried to get ahold of the guy but he scatted when three of us came after him. He didn't stay long enough to get payed. The worst thing was that it only payed 75 bucks to the winner. He done it over nothing.

Jimbojim

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is unbelievable !!!

I hope someone reacted to this and took action when that happened.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
As for words of encouragement... not all pool players are 200 lbs of horeshit piled 6 feet high.

Three 5' 6" guys going to bat for the kid takes down a 6' 200lbs of horseshit all day long. I'd probably would have half killed him with the butt of my cue when I was 14 years old...but back then men had backbones and there were way less lawyers. JMO. Johnnyt

warfdiesel

Getting Better
Silver Member
Three 5' 6" guys going to bat for the kid takes down a 6' 200lbs of horseshit all day long. I'd probably would have half killed him with the butt of my cue when I was 14 years old...but back then men had backbones and there were way less lawyers. JMO. Johnnyt

I wish we could have gotten ahold of him but then again I don't. We put this on and try to teach the young ones about pool and sportsmanship and this guy does this. I kinda think it would have made it worse if we would have beat the crap out of the guy.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
I wish we could have gotten ahold of him but then again I don't. We put this on and try to teach the young ones about pool and sportsmanship and this guy does this. I kinda think it would have made it worse if we would have beat the crap out of the guy.

You are probably right. I've always been too big a fan of street justice. Johnnyt

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member

You're absolutely right -- never in front of the kids.

Wait until he's out in the parking lot and then break his hands.

The Kiss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You're absolutely right -- never in front of the kids.

Wait until he's out in the parking lot and then break his hands.

I think this kid needs 2 sticks one to shoot with and one to crack over the guys head if he ever see's him again

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

But then this happened:

I have to be honest, I can't believe he got away with that in public. I once had a girl bust a cue over my head from behind knocking me out. When I came out of it I found out one of my customers punched her in the face doing considerable damage and dragged her by the hair (caveman style) out the front door and threw her in the gutter. Needless to say, no one saw anything when the cops arrived.
I know we are supposed to be civilized but every now and then somethings require a Tony Soprano type response.

Last edited:

warfdiesel

Getting Better
Silver Member
I have to be honest, I can't believe he got away with that in public. I once had a girl bust a cue over my head from behind knocking me out. When I came out of it I found out one of my customers punched her in the face doing considerable damage and dragged her by the hair (caveman style) out the front door and threw her in the gutter. Needless to say, no one saw anything when the cops arrived.

It happened so fast. But like I said with the kids there it was best that we didn't anything to stupid.

RFranklin

Ready, fire...aim
Silver Member
What is wrong with people?

Warf, great gesture by you and everyone offering up cues. Pool needs more young players like Eric and all it takes is an a@@hole like that to turn them off to the game. I cant believe the guy even got to the door. Like you said it is probably better for everyone that you didnt clock him right there but who the hell snaps anothers guys cue and doesnt expect to get the crap kicked out of him?:confused:. Hell, I am older than you guys and just reading this made me clinch my fists. Hopefully that guys winnings went to Eric to either fix his cue or help buy him another one.