Anybody else having issues with Jim Pierce?

jmurphy

SWEET
Silver Member
I met Jim Pierce back in November, he attended & was one of the sponsors of a local pool tournament at Griff's in Las Vegas. Jim seemed like a real personable guy and I hit some balls with his personal cue. His cue had a new prototype LD laminated shaft he had just started making himself. I really liked the way his cue played with that shaft on it, so I asked about building me a 60" South West style cue with two of the laminated shafts. Jim told me that he could do that and it would be a 4 month build time.
About a week or so later after several emails I decided on a design and pulled the trigger making a 50% down payment via PayPal.
I was supposed to have my cue by the end of March. I sent a number of emails asking for progress photos of the build and Jim replied to the email saying "No Problem" he would take a few photos and email them to me. A week or two would go buy and no photos. I email again asking for photos and he again and again would promise to send photos but nothing. (not the mention getting promises that the cue was on schedule for completion by the end of March)
Finally about two weeks before the cue was due I received some progress photos.
A forearm with points spliced into it, that's it..... after 4 months.

Now we are 4 months past due and he is not returning any of my emails.......

I wanted to upload the forearm photos but the website seems to be having issues at the moment. I will post them later.

Last edited:

captainjko

Kirk
Silver Member
I met Jim Pierce back in November, he attended & was one of the sponsors of a local pool tournament at Griff's in Las Vegas. Jim seemed like a real personable guy and I hit some balls with his personal cue. His cue had a new prototype LD laminated shaft he had just started making himself. I really liked the way his cue played with that shaft on it, so I asked about building me a 60" South West style cue with two of the laminated shafts. Jim told me that he could do that and it would be a 4 month build time.
About a week or so later after several emails I decided on a design and pulled the trigger making a 50% down payment via PayPal.
I was supposed to have my cue by the end of March. I sent a number of emails asking for progress photos of the build and Jim replied to the email saying "No Problem" he would take a few photos and email them to me. A week or two would go buy and no photos. I email again asking for photos and he again and again would promise to send photos but nothing. (not the mention getting promises that the cue was on schedule for completion by the end of March)

I wanted to upload the forearm photos but the website seems to be having issues at the moment. I will post them later.

I think he opened up a billiards place / bar a short while ago and I bet a lot of his time is spent there.... Hope you get the cue... I own one and it plays very nice. But now I play with my own....... His stays in my case for back up....

cj609

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've dealt with Jim and so has someone else I know. He always comes through. Be patient. It will be worth it. Good luck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
I've dealt with Jim and so has someone else I know. He always comes through. Be patient. It will be worth it. Good luck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

He should be honest about it then, no excuse for this.

I waited 8 yrs for a repair i paid up front for, what was i gonna do, pay twice? The only reason i had to have the repair is the scumbag female pro and her scumbag bf sold me a warped cue then told me to F myself. I probably have 2,700 in a 2,300(new) cue. I hate people!
Jason

Edit: Not about Pierce, just bad communication and deals gone bad with cue guys

Last edited:

Billiardbills

Billiard Bill
Silver Member

Please call me and I will get this resolved. He has had some changes in the process of communication to keep him in the shop building cues. I am his dealer and I handle all of the customers and ordering now.

I am very sorry this probably fell through the cracks and I will make sure this gets resolved for you in a timely manner.

(239) 823-0408
Bill

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He should be honest about it then, no excuse for this.

I waited 8 yrs for a repair i paid up front for, what was i gonna do, pay twice? The only reason i had to have the repair is the scumbag female pro and her scumbag bf sold me a warped cue then told me to F myself. I probably have 2,700 in a 2,300(new) cue. I hate people!
Jason

Do you realize,stories like these do not portray you as real bright?

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Please call me and I will get this resolved. He has had some changes in the process of communication to keep him in the shop building cues. I am his dealer and I handle all of the customers and ordering now.

I am very sorry this probably fell through the cracks and I will make sure this gets resolved for you in a timely manner.

(239) 823-0408
Bill

Thank you for stepping up, Bill. It's pretty obvious cuemaker's can easily get sidelined by taking on too much. Helping Jim move things along will help everybody.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

(239) 823-0408
Bill

You might want that information reflected in at least the contact section of his web site. Respectfully. Just a thought.

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
Sorry to hear bud. Over the last few years I've become friends with Jim & know he is crazy busy with all he is doing. You will get your cue & I'm sure you will love it. Glad to see Bill stepped in as he & Jim are working together know & both are great guys.

DaveM

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Ordered through Bill, no issues, came in on time and I love the cue.

Billiardbd

Registered
Jim Pierce

I've dealt with Jim and he was very personalable. Like one of the others said be patient. I don't think any of my customs were done on time. I know it could be frustrating but it will all be worth the wait. Jim is an awesome guy and a hell of a cue maker. Love the way his cues hit!

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
read it all and started out with you looking like a cry baby that didnt like a not so perfect job.

after getting near the end it turned all your way with the cuemaker being the one who took the short cut or made the mistakes. but reneged on all his promises.
you were generous to ask for only 500 and should have received your money over night mail. the plain fact it didnt come tells the rest of the story and confirms your side of it for me at least. and i dont know anything about either party. and couldn't care about either of you.

he must do good work. and if you are lucky and get it then fine. but if you have a problem that costs him that he doesnt agree with all is lost.

all aside why would anyone do business with anyone who either doesnt keep his word or does not complete their job on time or at least close to it.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Btw, that story was not about Pierce, it was about somebody else. My bad, if anybody thought it was.
Jason