Mezz limited SA-Rk

AlexandruM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A friend of mine, wants to buy this cue Mezz limited SA-Rk
https://www.dynamic-billard.com/en/...cue-mezz-limited-sa-rk-red-5-16x14-joint-pool

The price is 229 euro, equivalent 320$, pretty cheap for Mezz prices, it's something wrong with that cue? It seems to be a simple cue, with stained maple butt and a 12.75 mm standard maple shaft. It's an old limited edition for an European Mezz dealer, but info about this cue is poor, so we are looking for more information.

What do you think about this cue, it worths 320$?

To buy or not to buy, this is the question.

Thank you.

ctran

You watch me.
Silver Member
SA serie is among the lowest series of Mezz cues, with the default conventional maple shaft.

I heard they discontinued those series with default conventional maple shafts.

FYI, the mezz SA plain cues came at around $250, so your price there is not low at all. and its not a limited edition, they just discontinued it

AlexandruM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
SA serie is among the lowest series of Mezz cues, with the default conventional maple shaft.

FYI, the mezz SA plain cues came at around $250, so your price there is not low at all. and its not a limited edition, they just discontinued it

Thank you for such a good reply.

Last edited:

TheThaiger

Banned
You might want to look on Kazoom - IIRC they were selling a similar model for 160 euros a while back - I was quite tempted myself but couldn't find any info on them.

AlexandruM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You might want to look on Kazoom - IIRC they were selling a similar model for 160 euros a while back - I was quite tempted myself but couldn't find any info on them.

Thanks, I checked on Kozoom a similar Mezz black cue, for the same money.

What IIRC means?

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

discontinued doesn't mean that there's anything wrong with it. anyone that's tried the regular maple mezz shafts knows that they're really good.

i play with a discontinued model mezz with a regular mezz maple shaft. but mine comes with the mezz united joint. the Mezz SA cues don't come with the united joint. they have a regular 5/16-14 joint. honestly i'd spend a little more and get a model with a united joint and a regular maple shaft.the WD700 shafts are great but they are too skinny and seem to get skinnier with play, even without any sanding. still hits like a regular maple shaft in terms of feedback and a 314 in terms of deflection. actually i had mine tested and it deflected less than the ob shafts and the 314 shafts(even the z version)

porper-sig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
discontinued doesn't mean that there's anything wrong with it. anyone that's tried the regular maple mezz shafts knows that they're really good.

i play with a discontinued model mezz with a regular mezz maple shaft. but mine comes with the mezz united joint. the Mezz SA cues don't come with the united joint. they have a regular 5/16-14 joint. honestly i'd spend a little more and get a model with a united joint and a regular maple shaft.the WD700 shafts are great but they are too skinny and seem to get skinnier with play, even without any sanding. still hits like a regular maple shaft in terms of feedback and a 314 in terms of deflection. actually i had mine tested and it deflected less than the ob shafts and the 314 shafts(even the z version)

Most def!! Mezz is making a mistake quitting on the standard puj shaft..:confused:

finsterle2003

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
you can buy it ... it is a good cue for that Price .... but i think the shaft
is 13.00 mm and it have only a 5/16x14 Joint not the "united' Joint.

greetings

ctran

You watch me.
Silver Member

I agree that they are good cues, but if the OP was offered it as a Limited Edition, then it is wrong.

I, too, prefer the hit of a regular maple Mezz shaft. However I have hit with an older PUJ cue with maple shaft and that exact butt with newer maple shaft. I like the older shaft more, it is stiffer and truly better quality than what they make today.

I intended to get a SW style Mezz of the CJ12 series as main player, of course with a maple shaft, but after hitting with one I changed my mind.