pat diveney butterfly sneaky pete

4rails88

Registered
So I've been looking to get a new cue and finally jump into a true custom. Don't have the funds for a top of the line cue so was starting to look at the sneaky petes as a start off point. What really got me recently was the butterfly style from pat diveney. Wondering if any of you out there has any experience with his cues, sneaky pete or one his top shelf varieties. Didn't want to post in buy/sell forum until I was sure. Also if anyone knows of other cue makers that can make the butterfly style, I'm open ears for suggestions. Also heading to the super billiards expo next weekend so there will be a bunch of cue makers I can check out.

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pat makes a really nice sneaky, I highly recommend them. Mine isn't a butterfly but I have hit with some of them and they are great too and definitely look cool. You really can't go wrong with a Diveney.

The Verbalist

. . .
Silver Member
Pat makes a great cue and an awesome sneaky. I have owned 6 of his cues. One of his butterfly sneakys and one of his plain bacote break cues are two of the only three cues I wish I had never parted with and I have owned around 120 cues or so. I personally think you can not go wrong with his sneaky.

If it doesn't need to be a butterfly sneaky, I would definitely check out Leon Sly, he makes really nice sneakys and they play amazing as well. I have one of his fancy sneakys as my main player.

If you definitely want a butterfly sneaky, the only other person I can think of off the top of my head that does them in that price range is Rueben Fisher. I have never played with one, but they sure look good. I have linked to one of his threads below for you. After that just click on his profile and search all threads he created and you will see a bunch.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=336508&highlight=butterfly

Anyway you choose to go, good luck in your search.

shortyz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
diveneys

His sneakies play great, cant be disapointed with one. Another maker that makes some butterfly sneakys and that style is chris whitaker, (chris cues)Hes not a big big name, but he makes them the same as the other guys, uses the g10 pins alot, a slimmer butt taper, they feel really similar to a diveney sneaky in every aspect imo. Hes always got alot made up so you csn check them out on his website. Just an alternative suggestion. Cant go wrong with a diveney tho.

mrkaylor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought a cocobolo sneaky (not a butterfly) from Pat Diveney. A couple years ago. Pat is a great guy to deal with. When I was ordering it I asked a few questions about his common cue specks, because his butt diameters are normally a little thinner than most. He told me that after I received the cue and used it he would take it back if I didn't like it. He even called me a week after I had received the cue to make sure I liked it. I can't say enough good about him and I wouldn't hesitate to order another cue from him. It is also one of the best hitting cues I've ever played with.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a coco Pete that is my player too.

Think of beauty, ain't it?

And pat is good people too, for sure.

axejunkie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't play with a sneaky but hear nothing but good things about his cues. Black Balled snapped off our local tourney with his last night. The butterfly at the butt looks really cool in my opinion. It adds a nice touch compared to a more basic sneaky pete.