scorpionjohnny said:

In order from the best to worst:

Efren Reyes
Mike Sigel
Willie Mosconi
Buddy Hall

who are yours?

I think I have 5 or 6 in my top 4.

Three guys I might put in there are Harold Worst, Steve Mizerak, and Nick Varner.

Fred

Penrose Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mine would be:

Earl Strickland
Efren Reyes
Willie Mosconi
Min. Fats

But I would like to add, at the same level: :D

Mike Sigel
Steve "Never missed a rack"
Toby Sweet
The Professor
Danny Diliberto
Ralf Souquet
Francisco Bustamante
Johnny Archer
A. Fisher
K. Corr

And the new super talented players:

Corey Deuel
C. Wu

Is the list too long? I had to shorten my list already... :p

Tom Penrose

landshark77

------blank------
Silver Member
Penrose Cues said:
Mine would be:

Earl Strickland
Efren Reyes
Willie Mosconi
Min. Fats

But I would like to add, at the same level: :D

A. Fisher
K. Corr

Really?? I am NOT saying that Fisher and Corr are not great players, but you think they can hang w/ your first four without any kind of spot?? I know that Karen has held her own pretty well on the Joss tour, but has Reyes ever played on the Joss tour? BTW, I am glad someone is mentioning the ladies.
;)

Voodoo Daddy

One Pocket 101
scorpionjohnny said:

In order from the best to worst:

Efren Reyes
Mike Sigel
Willie Mosconi
Buddy Hall

who are yours?

James Evans...on stories told to me by Johnny Ervolino and folklore
Willie Mosconi...record speaks volumes
Mike Sigel...Dominate in all games
Efren Reyes...timeless talent for decades

branpureza

Ginacue
Silver Member
Efren Reyes
Willie Mosconi
Buddy Hall
Luther Lassiter
Willie Hoppe

I think that's the strongest list so far :)

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
I am getting really sick of these threads that are made for no other reason then to fawn over Reyes as the best player ever. If anyone mentions anyone else who qualifies then low and behold we get another whole god damn thread starting with the same "Reyes is the bestest ever!" bullshit all over again. How about just dropping the whole fucking debate after the 43rd piece of shit thread saying the exact same thing in different words? I should not have to wade through 10/20 of the threads on the first page asking the same "so really, Reyes is the best player ever right? Ignore that last thread and now answer on THIS one" "Oh and if you say anyone else I will just start ANOTHER thread"

Fuck off and die.

F

Fred Agnir

YouKnow662 said:
Sounds like Celtic is a pissed off white guy that doesn't have any stroke that constantly finds himself losing to Filipino players...

As a Filipino, I agree with what Celtic is saying. There is now three or four different threads with what is seemingly the same statement: Efren is the best. I'm sure it gets as old to some as the aiming threads do.

Fred

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
Hard to list a top four without breaking it down by discipline. So, in no particular order...

Nineball:

Mike Sigel
Earl Strickland
Buddy Hall
Efren Reyes

Honorable Mention:

Luther Lassiter
Johnny Archer
Nick Varner

Straight Pool:

Willie Mosconi
Mike Sigel
Steve Mizerak
Ralph Greenleaf
Irving Crane

Honorable Mention:

Nick Varner
Buford T. McButts

Last edited:

Jimmy M.

Insomniac
Silver Member
Greenleaf, Mosconi, Efren Reyes, Mike Sigel ... if I have to only pick 4.

I didn't see Greenleaf play, so I'm going purely on what I've read and the second-hand information that has been passed along through generations of pool players.

Rude Dog

<---Dumb and Dumber
Jimmy M. said:
Greenleaf, Mosconi, Efren Reyes, Mike Sigel ... if I have to only pick 4.

I didn't see Greenleaf play, so I'm going purely on what I've read and the second-hand information that has been passed along through generations of pool players.
You forgot Bobalou! :D

Sargo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Celtic said:
I am getting really sick of these threads that are made for no other reason then to fawn over Reyes as the best player ever. If anyone mentions anyone else who qualifies then low and behold we get another whole god damn thread starting with the same "Reyes is the bestest ever!" bullshit all over again. How about just dropping the whole fucking debate after the 43rd piece of shit thread saying the exact same thing in different words? I should not have to wade through 10/20 of the threads on the first page asking the same "so really, Reyes is the best player ever right? Ignore that last thread and now answer on THIS one" "Oh and if you say anyone else I will just start ANOTHER thread"

Fuck off and die.

Just ignore the thread. Other people obviously still get entertained by these threads that's why they respond.

CrossSideLarry

Cross Side Larry
Silver Member
four Best Players ever in order

Mine four best picks would be:

Willie Hoppe
Willie Mosconi
Luther Lassiter
Efren Reyes

sniper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Celtic said:

Fuck off and die.

Aren't we in a cheerful mood today :)