Jim Pierce cue review

Kevin Lindstrom

14.1 Addict
Silver Member
I recently ordered a custom cue from Jim Pierce. I had talked with him at the Super Billiards Expo 2017 and was able to test hit his personal cue.

Bill Lister also had a few of Jim's cues for sale as well. After looking at those cues and hitting Jim's cue I decided to order one for myself.

I wanted a plain jane with matching ring work in all positions as I love symmetry in cue design. I also wanted an exotic wrap which I decided on Elephant Ear.

I have owned over 100 cues in my nearly 40 year playing history. In addition I have been going to the Super Billiards Expo for nearly 20 years as well. That being said I have seen, felt and hit many many cues over the years.

Being a designer by trade and a fussy cue fanatic I can be pretty picky and pretty demanding in what I desire in a cue and life in general.

Fast forward to the day I received my cue and removed it from the well packaged shipping box.

At a quick glance I was really happy with the way the cue turned out. The Birdseye maple was just the right shade. Upon further inspection I became even happier with the overall fit and finish on the cue. I have looked at this cue many times and I am so impressed with the Elephant Ear wrap and the precision in which it was installed. I literally can not find the seam on this wrap. Perhaps the best wrap I have ever seen.

Then it was time to give this cue some play time on my Brunswick Gold Crown 4 pool table. The cue is very solid. The hit is not too stiff and not too whippy. The cue plays just right for me. More smiles.

Lastly this cue is so nice I immediately ordered another cue of exact design but this time around I chose Cocobolo wood and another Elephant Ear wrap. The second cue has arrived and is just as nice as the first one. Once again the wrap is absolutely perfect and impossible to find the seam. I am so tickled with these 2 cues that I am rapidly trying to finish up the design for the next cue that I will be ordering from Jim Pierce.

Here is a link to some pictures of the two cues. I hope to add better pictures in the very near future.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=463886

Thanks

Kevin

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I recently ordered a custom cue from Jim Pierce. I had talked with him at the Super Billiards Expo 2017 and was able to test hit his personal cue.

Bill Lister also had a few of Jim's cues for sale as well. After looking at those cues and hitting Jim's cue I decided to order one for myself.

I wanted a plain jane with matching ring work in all positions as I love symmetry in cue design. I also wanted an exotic wrap which I decided on Elephant Ear.

I have owned over 100 cues in my nearly 40 year playing history. In addition I have been going to the Super Billiards Expo for nearly 20 years as well. That being said I have seen, felt and hit many many cues over the years.

Being a designer by trade and a fussy cue fanatic I can be pretty picky and pretty demanding in what I desire in a cue and life in general.

Fast forward to the day I received my cue and removed it from the well packaged shipping box.

At a quick glance I was really happy with the way the cue turned out. The Birdseye maple was just the right shade. Upon further inspection I became even happier with the overall fit and finish on the cue. I have looked at this cue many times and I am so impressed with the Elephant Ear wrap and the precision in which it was installed. I literally can not find the seam on this wrap. Perhaps the best wrap I have ever seen.

Then it was time to give this cue some play time on my Brunswick Gold Crown 4 pool table. The cue is very solid. The hit is not too stiff and not too whippy. The cue plays just right for me. More smiles.

Lastly this cue is so nice I immediately ordered another cue of exact design but this time around I chose Cocobolo wood and another Elephant Ear wrap. The second cue has arrived and is just as nice as the first one. Once again the wrap is absolutely perfect and impossible to find the seam. I am so tickled with these 2 cues that I am rapidly trying to finish up the design for the next cue that I will be ordering from Jim Pierce.

Here is a link to some pictures of the two cues. I hope to add better pictures in the very near future.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=463886

Thanks

Kevin

Kevin,
Very nice review. It really sounds like Jim met all of your expectations. :cool: If you don't mind me asking, did he use Corian, or Tomahawk for your ferrules?
Both cues look very classy, IMO.
Best regards.
Joe P

Kevin Lindstrom

14.1 Addict
Silver Member
Joe

I am pretty certain he used Corian but I will verify. Whatever he used stays real clean just like Ivory and that is what I like, a clean cue and ferrule.

Kevin