Best Way to Clean Simonis?
Old
  (#1)
denwhit
AzB Silver Member
denwhit has a reputation beyond reputedenwhit has a reputation beyond reputedenwhit has a reputation beyond reputedenwhit has a reputation beyond reputedenwhit has a reputation beyond reputedenwhit has a reputation beyond reputedenwhit has a reputation beyond reputedenwhit has a reputation beyond reputedenwhit has a reputation beyond reputedenwhit has a reputation beyond reputedenwhit has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Best Way to Clean Simonis? - 04-28-2017, 08:47 AM

I'd like to hear some different opinions on this subject. I have Simonis 860HR in green and use the blue chalk. I purchased the Simonis X thing that was supposed to pick up the chalk but found it to be pretty much worthless. I have been using a high quality microfiber towel just a little damp and going over the cloth but I worry about water and wool. I don't brush anymore but do vacuum often. Still after an hour of play, my bridge hand is dirty with chalk just like the pool hall.

* Mark Gregory walnut rails
*RKC set up w/ 42 pt. leveling system
*ProjectorProBilliards MicroComputer

Dirty hand frm plaing on 860 cloth
Old
  (#2)
acedonkeyace
AzB Silver Member

acedonkeyace has a reputation beyond reputeacedonkeyace has a reputation beyond reputeacedonkeyace has a reputation beyond reputeacedonkeyace has a reputation beyond reputeacedonkeyace has a reputation beyond reputeacedonkeyace has a reputation beyond reputeacedonkeyace has a reputation beyond reputeacedonkeyace has a reputation beyond reputeacedonkeyace has a reputation beyond reputeacedonkeyace has a reputation beyond reputeacedonkeyace has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

Dirty hand frm plaing on 860 cloth - 04-29-2017, 01:08 AM

Using the Simonois X-1, will help a lot with this problem, Also, using the GRUNG with the misting cleaner from the can will help with this also.

So, if you clean, vacuum and X-1 and then the Felt cleaner and finally the grung to clear off, this is the best you are going to do to keep all chalk residue off the cloth.

Hope this helps a bit,

Respectfully,

mike 'acedonkeyace' kennedy

Old
  (#3)
denwhit
AzB Silver Member
denwhit has a reputation beyond reputedenwhit has a reputation beyond reputedenwhit has a reputation beyond reputedenwhit has a reputation beyond reputedenwhit has a reputation beyond reputedenwhit has a reputation beyond reputedenwhit has a reputation beyond reputedenwhit has a reputation beyond reputedenwhit has a reputation beyond reputedenwhit has a reputation beyond reputedenwhit has a reputation beyond repute

04-29-2017, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acedonkeyace View Post
Using the Simonois X-1, will help a lot with this problem, Also, using the GRUNG with the misting cleaner from the can will help with this also.

So, if you clean, vacuum and X-1 and then the Felt cleaner and finally the grung to clear off, this is the best you are going to do to keep all chalk residue off the cloth.

Hope this helps a bit,

Respectfully,

mike 'acedonkeyace' kennedy
Thanks, I didn't think too much of the X-1 so sold it. Had not heard of the GRUNG so will order some.

Old
  (#4)
Steve748
AzB Bronze Member
Steve748 is on a distinguished road

11-26-2017, 10:34 AM

I vacuum once a week and I use the X1 every morning and I find it works extremely well. I clean the X1 with the vacuum and is good to go for another week. I think it works very well and I wouldn't be without it. I take it when we play league as some tables are in desperate need of cleaning.

Old
  (#5)
iusedtoberich
AzB Silver Member

iusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 0

11-26-2017, 02:39 PM

I use a lint roller, about 8Ē wide. It picks up all the pieces of lint that accumulate. Super fast, and donít need to drag the vacuum out for in-between cleanings.

I too think the x3 is mostly useless. I still use it, but I think only because I spent $80 on it. Ha ha.

Old
  (#6)
denwhit
AzB Silver Member

11-26-2017, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iusedtoberich View Post
I use a lint roller, about 8Ē wide. It picks up all the pieces of lint that accumulate. Super fast, and donít need to drag the vacuum out for in-between cleanings.

I too think the x3 is mostly useless. I still use it, but I think only because I spent $80 on it. Ha ha.
I've learned; Woolite (cleans wool) and hot water on a fiber towel. For ball cleaner I use Meguiar's car polish instead of the ball cleaners. The ball cleaners form a line on the rail cushions.

Old
  (#7)
jasonlaus
Rep for Smorg
jasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond repute

12-04-2017, 10:11 AM

Vacuum, woolite and hot water. Also brush the rails and the table next to them before vacuum.
Jason

Old
  (#8)
Forbin
AzB Bronze Member
Forbin has a reputation beyond reputeForbin has a reputation beyond reputeForbin has a reputation beyond reputeForbin has a reputation beyond reputeForbin has a reputation beyond reputeForbin has a reputation beyond reputeForbin has a reputation beyond reputeForbin has a reputation beyond reputeForbin has a reputation beyond reputeForbin has a reputation beyond reputeForbin has a reputation beyond repute

12-06-2017, 03:46 AM

What is GRUNG?

Quote:
Originally Posted by acedonkeyace View Post
Also, using the GRUNG with the misting cleaner from the can will help with this also.

Old
  (#9)
phil dade
AzB Gold Member
phil dade has a reputation beyond reputephil dade has a reputation beyond reputephil dade has a reputation beyond reputephil dade has a reputation beyond reputephil dade has a reputation beyond reputephil dade has a reputation beyond reputephil dade has a reputation beyond reputephil dade has a reputation beyond reputephil dade has a reputation beyond reputephil dade has a reputation beyond reputephil dade has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

12-06-2017, 01:41 PM

I vaccum, brush with a special rail and three brush under ril brush, then regular brush, finally I go over with the X-1. n occasion, I start with the x 1 and finish with it. It works very well

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: