Mark Gregory Centennial

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Table

Mark is indeed a master craftsman and perfectionist. He has been in my home several times now for my table and light and will be coming again when he delivers Deans table. If you ask me, he does not charge enough for his work and I have told him so. Mark is as solid a man as I have ever met and deserves all the rewards and success he gets.The ignorant moron who made the comment about over prices deserves a slap.

-
Chris, You indeed have sweet table, it’s a true beauty.
Any updates pictures of your room?

Rob.M

Last edited:

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mine is not here yet
Chris or billy could post pictures of theirs

mine is a slightly different wood

I started to have mine done in a high gloss black ,but the wood
is too nice to cover

i expect mine in March or february

CJH

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
-
Chris, You indeed have sweet table, it’s a true beauty.
Any updates pictures of your room?

Rob.M

This is the table and light Mark made. Much of my cue collection is in custom cabinets on another wall with the rest in cases for now. I use the room for more than just pool but when you walk in the room it looks all about pool.

Attachments

• IMG_2051.JPG
    IMG_2051.JPG
    95.8 KB · Views: 240
  • IMG_2028.JPG
    IMG_2028.JPG
    108.8 KB · Views: 257

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love the new cabinets, CJH. Absolutely stunning! Like a poolman’s museum.

Are entry tix available online or buy at the door, sir?

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
This is the table and light Mark made. Much of my cue collection is in custom cabinets on another wall with the rest in cases for now. I use the room for more than just pool but when you walk in the room it looks all about pool.

Very classy space! :thumbup2:

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member

-

Wow very nice, That is awesome.
Looking for that sweet wall art:)

Rob.M

CuesDirectly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Thanks for posting Chris, I have never posted a picture on here of one of my Cues. Center case, far left, hard to see, no points or inlays to stand out.

I have been working with woods my whole life, Mark is an awesome talent, his tables can't be beat. When I get updates on my faceflop, I post them out of respect for his work.

Dean, you made the right decision on the wood and not going black. I could be very long winded on this subject but I won't, again, great choice.

These tables are getting so hard to find, years down the road, they will be worth more.

Thanks to Mark as well, without his work, we would begin to lose these treasures.

Thanks to Dean for posting this thread, it's all part of what makes AZBilliards the best billiards website on the nut, oops, the net.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Chris ,I just saw your pictures

Looks different than it did when I first saw it

i wonder if you could take some up close pictures
showing the wood on your table,it is the most beautiful
I have ever seen

I ask this because i think it might show mark's work off a little

I really think if people could see the table,they would better appreciate
all the details and it might help them to see why we bought the tables

In spite of the beauty,the play and stability of the table is the reason
that I bought mine

I love tables that play like the great commercial Brunswick tables play
the angles of the banks and consistency of the speed as the ball comes off the rail

my wife doesn't like the looks of a gold crown,she thinks it looks too much like a pool hall
but when she saw your set up she was so impressed that she actually encouraged me to buy
one

your entire room is a thing of beauty to a pool player
very nice game room too

CJH

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Chris ,I just saw your pictures

Looks different than it did when I first saw it

i wonder if you could take some up close pictures
showing the wood on your table,it is the most beautiful
I have ever seen

I ask this because i think it might show mark's work off a little

I really think if people could see the table,they would better appreciate
all the details and it might help them to see why we bought the tables

In spite of the beauty,the play and stability of the table is the reason
that I bought mine

the angles of the banks and consistency of the speed as the ball comes off the rail

my wife doesn't like the looks of a gold crown,she thinks it looks too much like a pool hall
but when she saw your set up she was so impressed that she actually encouraged me to buy
one

your entire room is a thing of beauty to a pool player
very nice game room too

Dean you can come over and take pictures any time but I di have plenty of pictures of that table, close ups and all, that my daughter took.I can send you some if you like but more fun if you came over and we could play a little.

CJH

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love the new cabinets, CJH. Absolutely stunning! Like a poolman’s museum.

Are entry tix available online or buy at the door, sir?

Free next time for you and Albert. We should play right after Xmas....Have not seen your new cue yet...

CuesDirectly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Owning an original Gold Crown from their first year of production, I have to agree with your wife, they are not the best looking tables. The play of the table is fantastic.

I search craigslist almost every day for an Anniversary or Centennial table, I search up to 500 miles and I have seen one listed in the last year. This fact alone is why I believe your table will increase in value.

Last edited:

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The centennials are really hard to find
I am always trying to buy all i can find,just for investment

if the aluminum is in good shape Mark can rebuild it to better than new

occasionally an old pool room will sell all they have

good luck with your search
dc

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
the main people that want them are older players that remember them from the past, same with the anniversary tables. although both were excellent commercial tables and probably the best for good players.

but both are very noisy for in home use where others in another room hear the balls drop. but that can be mitigated somewhat.

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dean you can come over and take pictures any time but I di have plenty of pictures of that table, close ups and all, that my daughter took.I can send you some if you like but more fun if you came over and we could play a little.

Just searched old thread with no luck. Are all the pics posted somewhere? Would enjoy seeing your pool room and table.

Thanks,
Ian

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't think the tables are noisy at all
the click of balls is the same ,but I never noticed the difference of anything else

perhaps Chris could comment

It was playing on his that created the desire in me

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
ive, as you have played on all the tables about ever made. and the ones with the plastic pockets, drop or returns are noisy. only the leather webbed pocket especially with something softer in them are quiet. all get noisier as more balls build up in a pocket if hitting hard.

if getting one like you i would line the inside of the pockets with something soft. this way wifey can sleep while you blast balls around. thats what i did to my tables.