Diamond Pro-Am Cushion Height?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I recall the mid-room tables at Hard Times had the cloth (not sure if it was Simonis) flipped over when the correct side was worn. It was like playing on denim. And yes, I've also seen and heard of used cloth being sent overseas.

Not disputing the reuse of worn cloth, just the unknown comment. If it was such an unknown cloth, why would anyone seek out the used cloth....if it was uncommom??

tjohnson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cloth or no cloth on the slate has no bearing on the nose height as the rail sits on top of either and maintains the same distance from nose to surface.

Thanks RKC, that makes sense. So please forgive my next question, which likely seems naive!

What exactly does the cloth relief accomplish? I know it's a good thing to have but since the rail is already sitting on the cloth at the rear part of the rail, it seems the cloth relief would simply reduce the size of the stable base of the rail.

Thanks in advance. I love learning this stuff.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Thanks RKC, that makes sense. So please forgive my next question, which likely seems naive!

What exactly does the cloth relief accomplish? I know it's a good thing to have but since the rail is already sitting on the cloth at the rear part of the rail, it seems the cloth relief would simply reduce the size of the stable base of the rail.

Thanks in advance. I love learning this stuff.

Without a cloth relief under the front foot print of the rail where the cloth is stapled, the nose height would change depending on which type of cloth was being installed.