DIY Case Experiments

HereWeGo

♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫♬·¯·♩
Silver Member
Hello everyone in AZBilliards Land. Thought I would share a couple of pictures of a few case experiments I started on. My goal is to hopefully show some progress pics along the way. I have always wanted to try messing around with leather and saw this piece on eBay and figured it would be a fun way to start.

1. Case Re-Wrap - The Lid is complete and I am going to work on the body next. I learned quite a bit by doing the lid first so hopefully it will turn out okay.

IMG_0135.jpg

2. Envelope Case - This one is pretty ambitious but I am having fun. I am using my old Kirbie Case as a starting point but making a few changes along the way.

IMG_0138.jpg

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like the one you are working to re wrap

really looks great

you could make the old felimi cases look better than new

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That embossed leather is a bold choice, I think it will turn out great.

Have fun! :thumbup:

Sealegs50

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am not so sure what you mean by “using my old Kirbie Case as a starting point”. Other than to potentially repair the strap loop, I wouldn’t touch that case for anything. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I think it looks great as is. If it is a model to design your own envelope case, that would sound like a great idea.

The rewrap of the tube case is interesting. We don’t know what you are replacing. But I think it will look very nice when it is done. Getting into case repair could be a good niche for someone. I made a plea in the past for anybody who would repair a case. All I received as responses were suggestions to do it myself.

Good luck with your new hobby, business, whatever. Please show pictures as these projects progess.

HereWeGo

♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫♬·¯·♩
Silver Member
For clarity, I am using it as a template. The Kirbie case is perfect as is :thumbup: The loop is actually in great condition, just looks off in the picture.

I am not so sure what you mean by “using my old Kirbie Case as a starting point”. Other than to potentially repair the strap loop, I wouldn’t touch that case for anything.

PRED

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Would you mind identifying what brand tube case you are recovering? Is it a 2x4? Thx.

PRED

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
HereWeGo

Tell me where I can buy a tube case like the one you are recovering please. Who made it?

HereWeGo

♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫♬·¯·♩
Silver Member
I honestly do not know who made the 1x1 (it is not a 1x2) as there are no tags or stamping. Based on the plastic lips on the ends it does resemble an It's George but that is just a guess. I am also refinishing 2 old Centennial 1x2s that were very worn down.

HereWeGo

Tell me where I can buy a tube case like the one you are recovering please. Who made it?

PRED

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I honestly do not know who made the 1x1 (it is not a 1x2) as there are no tags or stamping. Based on the plastic lips on the ends it does resemble an It's George but that is just a guess. I am also refinishing 2 old Centennial 1x2s that were very worn down.

It makes sense now. I knew it was not one of the usual suspects(IG, Cent, RT) because the end cap was too thick. Thanks and i enjoyed reading the thread.