distribution. Warping does not seem like that should be a problem
since a shaft is much thinner and most good ones stay relatively
straight.
jack

Mcues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One piece butt

Most cues from qualified cuemakers do not develop a buzz. There's no disadvantage in a one piece butt. The hit and weight can be control by the choice of wood. Of course, there's always coring but since your point is to minimize parts and gluing this would be a compromise.:)

Mario

Last edited:

desi2960

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nothing wrong

One piece butts, I think, play much better than a butt with a zillion pieces of plastic inflated. One of the best cues I ever made had a total of 4 different pieces, butt and pin was one piece of wood, shaft, tip, carbon fiber pad. My playing cue is a one piece brazilian rosewood butt. Hits as good as any cue I have ever seen.

CuesRus1973

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Most cues from qualify cuemakers do not develop a buzz. There's no disadvantage in a one piece butt. The hit and weight can be control by the choice of wood. Of course, there's always coring but since your point is to minimize parts and gluing this would be a compromise.:)

Mario

30" cores are available to eliminate an "A" joint.

qbilder

slower than snails
Silver Member
One piece butts are fine. I have made several & they all play just fine. Better than "A" joint cues? No. Worse than "A" joint cues? No. Every style of build has its own pros & cons, its own set of challenges.