Finished instructions for installing and leveling 3-piece slates

Status
Not open for further replies.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I didn't cover in these installation instructions as the directions for crowned slates or crowned table frames are a little tricky to handle and even harder to explain.

Glen

mechanic/player

Silver Member
Great info Glen, what kind of level is that? Do you think a 4 ft is as good as a 6ft?

I've seen soap or wax on slate screws before but have never tried it myself but I will now.Is your soap brand specific? Antibacterial or deoderant?:D

I use those shims also. I like the thinner ones from home depot too because there from Jersey, like me. I think they hold better because you can compress them and they dont slip. I use glue on the shims I use in the centers(C 3/4 -C 6/7) as a backup, I dont want to risk those possibly backing out.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
mechanic/player said:
Great info Glen, what kind of level is that? Do you think a 4 ft is as good as a 6ft?

I've seen soap or wax on slate screws before but have never tried it myself but I will now.Is your soap brand specific? Antibacterial or deoderant?:D

I use those shims also. I like the thinner ones from home depot too because there from Jersey, like me. I think they hold better because you can compress them and they dont slip. I use glue on the shims I use in the centers(C 3/4 -C 6/7) as a backup, I dont want to risk those possibly backing out.
A 4ft level is short when it comes to checking corner pocket to side pocket if you want, but yes, a 4ft will work. As far as soap goes, I like Irish Spring myself...but, any soap will do when you only get a shower once a month...OH:eek: , you're talking about the soap for the screws...ahh, hmmm...any will do...LOL:D

I pass on the glue...because I break them off when I'm done so no one else can use them after me...is that mean of me?...LMAO:D

Glen

steev

Lazy User
Silver Member
i just got a table, and this is invaluable information. i'm going to start setting up tonight!

-s

Irish634

Whatever
Silver Member
Glen,

If you'd like this document converted to a PDF, please PM me. I can do it when I am home.

Craig

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Irish634 said:
Glen,

If you'd like this document converted to a PDF, please PM me. I can do it when I am home.

Craig
I have it in PDF also, so I can send it in either format.

Status
Not open for further replies.