It's a whole new generation of shooters

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe your right. Like boxing before there was a cage,or tennis before there was a tennis association and everybody was considered an amateur, or golf before it lost it's personalities, or Basketball with Jerry and Happy, or stock car racing before it lost any resemblance to your family car. I could go on and on but it brings tears to my eyes( sniff, sniff) to lose those early beginnings to my fading memories. I be but a two-bit hustler. Will be till the day I die. You millennials will never know what I'm talking about. So bite me.
The game of pool needs to be rid of that low life image. The long forgotten images of a fat Babe Ruth smoking cigars and guzzling beer/hot dogs were awful for baseball.
I am not a millennial.
Your comment of "bite me" is very impolite and unnecessary.
It's easy to disagree without being disagreeable, you know. I'm trying.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Low500...I'm in agreement with you. While it is fine to have experienced the "good ole days", as some call them, (and even revel in the memories) those images are not condusive to what outside industry sponsorship would be attracted to...period. I too was there, like Jay, and enjoyed being there for a few years. Then I got tired of living around people who would cheat you if your back was turned. The player images that Mark Wilson was working on are a step in the right direction.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

The game of pool needs to be rid of that low life image. The long forgotten images of a fat Babe Ruth smoking cigars and guzzling beer/hot dogs were awful for baseball.
I am not a millennial.
Your comment of "bite me" is very impolite and unnecessary.
It's easy to disagree without being disagreeable, you know. I'm trying.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is a young player that plays in PA, the person coaching him said that he has not seen talent like that in a young player since Corey. I won't tell you who he is, but if a 12 yr old takes your rent money in a set, you will know :D

I posted a few weeks ago after SBE that two under 17 yr olds placed in top 8 in their fields in the adult divisions. One finished 4th in the women's event, the other I think was 5th in the Men's where there were over 1,000 entries.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, and one has not been raised in a gambling environment, and the other one has. April Larson is a fantastic role model, and would attract outside industry sponsors...the 12 year old male, not so much.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

There is a young player that plays in PA, the person coaching him said that he has not seen talent like that in a young player since Corey. I won't tell you who he is, but if a 12 yr old takes your rent money in a set, you will know :D

I posted a few weeks ago after SBE that two under 17 yr olds placed in top 8 in their fields in the adult divisions. One finished 4th in the women's event, the other I think was 5th in the Men's where there were over 1,000 entries.

12310bch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Your right ,of course. These days that are happening today will be the, " Good old days ," for the young people learning to shoot now. Forgive an old man for thinking like an old man. I hope the kids have a wonderful time.