Here's one for the Beginner

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Wow, indeed.
The guy could be disqualified when the DNA test results come in....
...you have to be human to be eligible to compete.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
what a great shot
thanks for the link
how would a normal play that position??

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Well i know you didnt see the korean fellows larry, but his had first ball in the center of the table and the other just off the rail ,

hes has a bit more options than dani did with BOTH balls on the rail

i would just take a shot in the dark and see what happened with danis position, with the other fellows, id look at it for a while and conjure up something

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
what a great shot
thanks for the link
how would a normal play that position??
I think that the shot could have scored off either side of the first ball. He had a lot of right english, so if he comes off the left side of the ball, he could go straight to the far end rail and spin off for one or two more cushions.

As far as a more normal shot, if he were a lot taller he might play on yellow and come off the side rail to hit the short rail B-A but near the corner.

How about two cushions first, A-B and then hit the yellow to slide down the long rail to D. It might also work to play A-B and then hit the back of the yellow and also slide down the long rail -- a very long rail-first ticky.
CropperCapture[3].jpg

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
I would probably have tried the nik poly specialty

off yellow short long short
Ive recently discovered why i had been so off on those
Using reverse english to make it come of in a more sharpe v , hitting it a bit harder than what i had been has helped improve my accuracy
I used to hit those too softly

mr3cushion

Regestered User
Silver Member
Playing 2 cushions first to the L long cushion then short to red, you have 3 chances to score!

3chancestoscore.jpg

Option 1, (solid blue lines), direct to 3rd ball off 3rd cushion. Option 2, (dashed blue lines), 4 cushions, catching the 2nd ball a little fuller and getting the L long cushion again for 4 cushions. And, option 3, (dashed blue lines again), contacting the 2nd ball very thin, going 5 rails to score.

BTW, if this player made this shot on me in a game for the money, especially the out shot, I'd ask him to,"Raise the bet!"

P.S. My choice could possibly result in a kiss, but, I really don't think so.

Last edited:

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Playing 2 cushions first to the L long cushion then short to red, you have 3 chances to score!

View attachment 456990

Option 1, (solid blue lines), direct to 3rd ball off 3rd cushion. Option 2, (dashed blue lines), 4 cushions, catching the 2nd ball a little fuller and getting the L long cushion again for 4 cushions. And, option 3, (dashed blue lines again), contacting the 2nd ball very thin, going 5 rails to score.

BTW, if this player made this shot on me in a game for the money, especially the out shot, I'd ask him to,"Raise the bet!"

I like this one as well. Bill is the man!

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

View attachment 456990

The more I look at this, the more I like it.
Also, if you miscalculate and hit the red on the other side...not that I ever would...:rolleyes::rolleyes:
...you still have more ways of making the shot.

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The more I look at this, the more I like it.
Also, if you miscalculate and hit the red on the other side...not that I ever would...:rolleyes::rolleyes:
...you still have more ways of making the shot.

Yes, you could score by hitting the inside of the red ball, too.

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I think that the shot could have scored off either side of the first ball. He had a lot of right english, so if he comes off the left side of the ball, he could go straight to the far end rail and spin off for one or two more cushions.

Good point, Bob. Missed seeing you in CA.