Brunswick Anniversary 8 OS

footshooter5

Registered
Hi all,

Picked up a new/old table today for my basement. I've been wanting to find a 9 footer for some time, but this popped up on my local craigslist and I figured for the price...it was impossible to beat. Has some cosmetic damage, and I think if I wanted to spend the money to restore it I could really have a gem... there is some water damage on veneer on the legs, but the playing surface is solid.

Then again, it only cost me 200 dollars :)

These are the photos the seller provided me - I'll post some more when I have it set up in my basement.

Attachments

• 159504f437e94d4ea4588b61c2f5e776.jpg
    159504f437e94d4ea4588b61c2f5e776.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 706
  • IMG_1150.jpg
    IMG_1150.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 703
  • IMG_1151.jpg
    IMG_1151.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 717
  • IMG_1148.jpg
    IMG_1148.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 703

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Just make sure you get the right guy to set that baby up! You can actually do a lot of the cleaning up yourself to make it look more presentable. A little polish and elbow grease goes a long way. :smile:

footshooter5

Registered
Just make sure you get the right guy to set that baby up! You can actually do a lot of the cleaning up yourself to make it look more presentable. A little polish and elbow grease goes a long way. :smile:

Strong advice! I found a guy who has quite a bit of experience with these - I'm definitely looking forward to getting it in my house.

Part of my feels kinda bad that I only paid 200 dollars for it...but if you don't know what you have, I'm certainly not going to tell you!

Steve Dickey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
FS5,
Nice find. Like Jay said, you can clean it up quite a bit yourself and play it as is or have a big project on your hands. I'm no expert but it looks like you have wood rails so that puts it pre 1955ish. There is a sticker on the pedestals, could you post a picture of that? Does it have a ball return? Best of luck, Steve

footshooter5

Registered
FS5,
Nice find. Like Jay said, you can clean it up quite a bit yourself and play it as is or have a big project on your hands. I'm no expert but it looks like you have wood rails so that puts it pre 1955ish. There is a sticker on the pedestals, could you post a picture of that? Does it have a ball return? Best of luck, Steve

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your reply. I don't have it in my possession yet, but I will post a pic of the sticker when I get it (Tuesday). I believe this is the Model C, one of their earlier Anniversary productions, given that it doesn't have the metal banding on the bottom legs - I read that some versions had the veneer painted which is what this one looks like it had done. I have quite the wood working shop in my garage, so I will likely replace the veneer myself with a nice walnut and refinish the rails and aprons as well...

More likely, I can't wait to play on it and will just say "to heck with it", and one day when I need to replace the felt, I'll do all the restoration work :)

footshooter5

Registered
FS5,

Oh and no ball return, just drop pockets.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
good luck you never know what it will come out like. sometimes even free isnt a good deal.

pdcue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not sure what you mean?

He means he is SICK with envy:)

FWIW - you may have the original year of Anniversarys...

The rail tops look to be wood, instead of the later Formica.

If the side rails are one long assembly, like a bar box, you likely have a 1945 model.

BTW the rail caps are probably Rosewood - how 'bout them apples.

Dale

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Probably circa 1940's. I'm just curious if you live in the Midwest, because there were many poolrooms in the 60's that still had those same tables, especially in the Midwest. They were pretty indestructible.

footshooter5

Registered
rails are walnut :) if there is a side pocket casting it is a model C-I, the second version. If you need any advice or have any questions feel free to get in touch with me. I have restored quite a few of these!

Trent from Toledo

Link to my photo albums of completed projects:

https://www.facebook.com/pg/toledopooltables/photos/?tab=albums

That's a tremendous offer - I've been admiring your work since this table came into my radar. I will definitely take you up on that!

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
what i meant footshooter is that restoring or getting some things into playing shape ends up costing a lot more than its worth. hope your goes smoothly. btw one of those tables is worth 4000 plus if able to be fixed into good shape.

footshooter5

Registered
what i meant footshooter is that restoring or getting some things into playing shape ends up costing a lot more than its worth. hope your goes smoothly. btw one of those tables is worth 4000 plus if able to be fixed into good shape.

Fair point, and a good one at that. I actually had a chance to play on it before I bought it - bumpers are quite lively and balls roll very well. My mechanic also had a chance to check it out before I committed to it. With that said, we won't know until it's under the lights in my house.