Congrats Shane McMinn

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It was great event with some big money payouts in the calcutta.:thumbup:

Shane did play fantastic his last few matches before the finals he steamrolled Eklent Kaci,Tommy Tokoph and beat Billy Thorpe 7-1 in the semi finals.

In the Finals Sky played great and got some good rolls too not much Shane could do but he still got a big slice of the calcutta pie :)

Results for the April 22 &23, 2017 WHITE DIAMOND BILLIARDS SUPER 9 BALL TOURNAMENT !

1--Sky Woodward
2-Shane McMinn
3-Billy Thorpe
4-Tommy Tokoph
5/6-Sharik Sayed /Eklent Kaci
7/8-Jeffery Deluna/Kevin Guimond

9 thru 12-
Jamie Farrel
Jason Abate
Dustin Wilkins
Danny Smith

Check the brackets and see how all the players finished here http://challonge.com/wd417

18119737_10208651900524946_814219558_o.jpg

18076709_1632556703441081_6753822639520536841_o.jpg

Last edited:

NastyNate13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How much do these guys make out of the Calcutta? Don't think most players are shelling out serious dough to buy half of themselves

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How much do these guys make out of the Calcutta? Don't think most players are shelling out serious dough to buy half of themselves

These players come from all over the country and beyond to this event for a shot at the Calcutta money this event is all about the Calcutta.

Most of the top players have a piece of themselves one way or another some buy half and many have backers or sponsors for the Calcutta.

I know Sky bought half of himself and Shane plays for Team High Pockets Billiards out of Memphis, Tracy Whitney the owner was there and bought all of Shane i think.

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

It would be naive to think a question like that could ever be answered.

There are so many variables, between players.. And even for each individual player, between events.

It's like asking what do people in NY eat for dinner?

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

There are so many variables, between players.. And even for each individual player, between events.

No people in NY eat food for dinner:thumbup:
The question is "how much" food do the people in NY eat for dinner.:)
Understand???;)

beeldog1

Registered
Billy Thorpe finished 3rd and probably lost money ! He went for 8000 in first Calcutta and 2000 in second Calcutta .

Worminator

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Billy went for $8700 in the first Calcutta and $2000 in the second for a total of $10,700. Total Calcutta money paid out for 3rd place was $10,024. So that comes out to a total loss of $676. That's a pretty tough pill to swallow.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Billy went for $8700 in the first Calcutta and $2000 in the second for a total of $10,700. Total Calcutta money paid out for 3rd place was $10,024. So that comes out to a total loss of $676. That's a pretty tough pill to swallow.

What did Sky go fo? He had to be the favorite
Jason

NastyNate13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Never been to an event with a Calcutta so I don't know much about them. That's why I asked.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What did Sky go fo? He had to be the favorite
Jason
Sky was the blind pick and the 1st player selected in the 1st Calcutta and sold for 6400.

When Billy sold two guys got in a bidding war he sold for a a record setting 8700 that's most anybody ever sold for at the White Diamond event.

Sky sold for 1k in the 2nd calcutta.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Thanks for the info guys:cool: Last time I made this tourney Jamie Farrel owned it. That was four years ago? I am assuming Jamie made it this year?

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Sky was the blind pick and the 1st player selected in the 1st Calcutta and sold for 6400.

When Billy sold two guys got in a bidding war he sold for a a record setting 8700 that's most anybody ever sold for at the White Diamond event.

Sky sold for 1k in the 2nd calcutta.

Thank you.
Jason