Alignments Contrast Video And Speed Contrast Video by Stan

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
How do you account for throw? I don't play snooker so I don't know. Do you hit every shot pretty much the same speed?

Good question. There would have to be adjustments made to the perception, the sweep, or the final CCB solution. And these adjustments would be based on individual experience/knowledge. Either that or every shot is executed with the same speed, preferably using stun shots as Stan demonstrates in his clips.

With any other method of aiming there must be some adjustment to account for throw and varying table conditions.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How do you account for throw? I don't play snooker so I don't know. Do you hit every shot pretty much the same speed?

I've played some snooker here and overseas and the only thing going on is that you generally have to hit the balls a little firmer just because of the distances involved. But all else is the same except the itty bitty cue shafts and tips.

Lou Figueroa

Michael S

Registered
What I really like about the CTE system is the slight overcut results the object ball right down the middle of the pocket. If you watch the 15 degree video, you'll see the object ball going down the middle of the pocket. It is amazing how well it works on the snooker table. The only thing is its a little harder to get the perceptions at those longer distances.

Good evening!

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What I really like about the CTE system is the slight overcut results the object ball right down the middle of the pocket. If you watch the 15 degree video, you'll see the object ball going down the middle of the pocket. It is amazing how well it works on the snooker table. The only thing is its a little harder to get the perceptions at those longer distances.

Good evening!

This post is a good example of what I'm talking about in the other thread:

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=462546

Michael S

Registered
"How do you account for throw? I don't play snooker so I don't know. Do you hit every shot pretty much the same speed? "

It works because even though the balls are smaller, they are still spheres. The same theory applies. You find the perception and go to center ball and shoot. Now mind you, snooker is more difficult because of the pockets but if I am on with the visual and I accurately go to center ball, the shot goes. My use of speed on the snooker table usually softer than a regular table.

As for throw, no difference. I can see the object ball twist a little but still goes in. That slight overcut is still there.