AzBilliards.com  
Register Blogs Classifieds FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Products Talk > Talk To A Mechanic
Reload this Page Very big thank you to king cobra

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Very big thank you to king cobra
Old
  (#1)
obe1
AzB Gold Member
obe1 has a reputation beyond reputeobe1 has a reputation beyond reputeobe1 has a reputation beyond reputeobe1 has a reputation beyond reputeobe1 has a reputation beyond reputeobe1 has a reputation beyond reputeobe1 has a reputation beyond reputeobe1 has a reputation beyond reputeobe1 has a reputation beyond reputeobe1 has a reputation beyond reputeobe1 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

Very big thank you to king cobra - 11-11-2017, 03:59 PM

I have been searching long and hard for a GC that has the Real King Cobra Diamond calibration’s ever since Glenn schooled me and so many others on the playing/performance benefits when done correctly.

Yesterday I find a GC 4 with the Diamond calibration listed by Tim @ Tables Plus a well-known & respected Pool Table mechanic located in Rochester MN.

I call Tim for the details on the table mods..

Tim’s response….Well Rich the customer I sold the table to is a big 9 ball nut and he wanted it to play like my Diamond Pro-am I have at home.

So I know this really great table guy I can call, been around for years, really has done it all when it comes to Diamond and GC’s at pool halls all over the country. Always helps me with stuff I don’t know about.. He invented this calibration for the GC’s you know.. He has taught me everything from what tools to buy. the correct measurements for pocket –cushion angel to making the proper rail jig for doing these GC mods.. Goes by the name king cobra … Is that a crazy name or what? .. Man you are going to love the way this table plays Rich..

Table will delivered to me in 2 weeks…Thank you Glenn

Old
  (#2)
realkingcobra
AzB Silver Member
realkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5785

11-11-2017, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by obe1 View Post
I have been searching long and hard for a GC that has the Real King Cobra Diamond calibration’s ever since Glenn schooled me and so many others on the playing/performance benefits when done correctly.

Yesterday I find a GC 4 with the Diamond calibration listed by Tim @ Tables Plus a well-known & respected Pool Table mechanic located in Rochester MN.

Tim’s response….Well Rich the customer I sold the table to is a big 9 ball nut and he wanted it to play like my Diamond Pro-am I have at home.

So I know this really great table guy I can call, been around for years, really has done it all when it comes to Diamond and GC’s at pool halls all over the country. Always helps me with stuff I don’t know about.. He invented this calibration for the GC’s you know.. He has taught me everything from what tools to buy. the correct measurements for pocket –cushion angel to making the proper rail jig for doing these GC mods.. Goes by the name king cobra … Is that a crazy name or what? .. Man you are going to love the way this table plays Rich..

Damnit, now I'm going to have to start charging Tim more every time he calls me....LOL

Old
  (#3)
denwhit
AzB Silver Member
denwhit has a reputation beyond reputedenwhit has a reputation beyond reputedenwhit has a reputation beyond reputedenwhit has a reputation beyond reputedenwhit has a reputation beyond reputedenwhit has a reputation beyond reputedenwhit has a reputation beyond reputedenwhit has a reputation beyond reputedenwhit has a reputation beyond reputedenwhit has a reputation beyond reputedenwhit has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

11-14-2017, 07:42 AM

Quote:

You will have the best table around until and equal to the next one that RKC has worked on. Mine is absolutely perfect and the value will always be there. Hopefully your mechanic can install the cloth correctly as RKC can do it to get the table to play its finest.

* Mark Gregory walnut rails
*RKC set up w/ 42 pt. leveling system
*ProjectorProBilliards MicroComputer

RKC ----14.1 rack outline question
Old
  (#4)
obe1
AzB Gold Member
obe1 has a reputation beyond reputeobe1 has a reputation beyond reputeobe1 has a reputation beyond reputeobe1 has a reputation beyond reputeobe1 has a reputation beyond reputeobe1 has a reputation beyond reputeobe1 has a reputation beyond reputeobe1 has a reputation beyond reputeobe1 has a reputation beyond reputeobe1 has a reputation beyond reputeobe1 has a reputation beyond repute

RKC ----14.1 rack outline question - 11-15-2017, 04:33 AM

Speaking of cloth install .. Question to Glen

What is the correct way to get the black outline of the rack for 14.1 players on new 860HR?

Old
  (#5)
realkingcobra
AzB Silver Member
realkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5785

11-15-2017, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Speaking of cloth install .. Question to Glen

What is the correct way to get the black outline of the rack for 14.1 players on new 860HR?
First off, 760 is a much better cloth for playing 14.1 second, when marking out the rack line you want a rack with as thin sided as you can buy that'll still rack the ball good. A rack like the Diamond rack has 3/4" thick sides, which ends up eliminating break balls to close to the rack, whereas a thin sided rack will still allow that certain ball to be played. When it comes to outlining the rack, i start with the spot line first from the center of the foot rail to 3" past the spot. Then a 4" T line crossing through the spot. By laying out the spot line first, it gives you the alignment you need to center the back of the rack. After the spot line is laid out then place a ball on the cross hairs of the spot mark, centered end to end and side to side. One the point ball is in place, place the rack around the ball, hold the ball down in place, then slide the rack against the ball, lining it up in the back with the spot line. Then take either a nbr# 2 pencil, or a fine tip black marker and trace around the rack triangle carefully while holding it in place, do half the rack, then change holding it down with your other hand, then finish outlining the rack. You can use a fine pointed soap stone as well to mark out the rack, anyway works, only some ways don't have to be repeated.

Spot line
Old
  (#6)
obe1
AzB Gold Member

Spot line - 11-15-2017, 03:52 PM

I will give your instructions to Tim...

I wish i could have 760 but it comes with new 860HR installed so the 760 will have to wait until i can afford a recloth.

Thank you Glen for everything you have helped me with .

I cannot belive this is really going to happen after all these years of waiting..

Richard

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: