Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Instruction & Ask the pros > Ask The Instructor
Reload this Page Instructors - Any Benefits To This Drill?
Page 2 of 2 12

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
gregcantrall
Center Ball
gregcantrall has a reputation beyond reputegregcantrall has a reputation beyond reputegregcantrall has a reputation beyond reputegregcantrall has a reputation beyond reputegregcantrall has a reputation beyond reputegregcantrall has a reputation beyond reputegregcantrall has a reputation beyond reputegregcantrall has a reputation beyond reputegregcantrall has a reputation beyond reputegregcantrall has a reputation beyond reputegregcantrall has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

11-18-2017, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC21 View Post
I like this. It reminds of the drill where you set a ball on the foot spot, then place the CB about a foot away and shoot the ball straight into a near corner pocket with a draw stroke, drawing the CB back about 8 to 12 inches. Set another object ball on the spot and shoot it in with draw again. Never touch or reposition the CB again. Just keep shooting the shot and drawing back. See how many you can make before getting too far out of line and causing the CB to hit a rail.
Wow, that is one I have done and forgotten about. Thanks for reminding me! Will add variety to practice.

Quote:
Turning practice into little games like this is a very effective method for rapid improvement. The brain really handles this type of development well.
My way of getting competition practice is to do the drills left hand against the right. My left hand(my second) has won the last two days of practice. Today he set a personal record of 4 in a row of the bounce back drill on the 10 foot table.

Old
  (#17)
BC21
Poolology

BC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Today, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregcantrall View Post
Wow, that is one I have done and forgotten about. Thanks for reminding me! Will add variety to practice.

My way of getting competition practice is to do the drills left hand against the right. My left hand(my second) has won the last two days of practice. Today he set a personal record of 4 in a row of the bounce back drill on the 10 foot table.
I do the same thing -- pit left hand against right playing 6-ball. I can't run 9 very often left-handed, but using six balls gives my left hand a better chance when my right hand gets out of line. I also like to use two different cues -- Mezz vs Schon, or Mezz vs Joss, or Valley bar cue, etc.... It's great practice to highlight exactly how much you depend on your normal playing cue's deflection, or lack of deflection. Playing with anything other than my Mezz, I use less english and focus more on natural roll. It's weird, but when the Mezz loses I feel bad. I mean, she's my regular shooting partner! Lol

POOLOLOGY
Brian Crist

Page 2 of 2 12

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: