How much did your playing cue cost?

Pangit

Banned
about $300 for me courtesy of T. Batista... Angeles City..dead nuts straight sneaky pete..amoboyna burl 4 point. 11.5 mm conical taper.

I've never played with a "predator" shaft....but I can't imagine it being any better...bang for the buck...??? Lot's of the locals, like the "local" cues made here..

West Point 1987

On the Hill, Out of Gas
Silver Member
I've got a little over $1400 in each for my last two players...a CC with three shafts (two stock and a Gulyassy SPTX) and a Schon with two stock shafts that I had somebody "tune up". I've paid $200-$400 for cues in the past that shot fantastic, too, so money's not really the biggest indicator of how good a cue hits. You'll find great set ups as well as crap in every price range from $200 to $5000.

angldemn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I put a little over $500 in my last two and $1000 in the one I just commissioned. A great player can be had for much less, but I like pretty things.

Big Arm

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just over $400 for the playing cue and $550 for the break cue. I am going to have BHQs make another playing cue, a butterfly cue, but don't know how much that one will be.

bes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
$50* for current one...

Espiritu Plain Jane that had a cracked shaft. Had collar changed to a Tiger Pro-X that wasn't being used for $50, so I have $100 in the cue.

mbj

"Burl" Ives approves
Silver Member
break cue (currently broken cue) - 280

Last edited:

lukemindish

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I entered a raffle and won a Tim Scruggs fancy sneaky pete for 15 dollars. One of the only things Ive ever won and I couldnt be happier.

metallicane

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have been going between my Hoppe Carmeli that I bought for $1100 and my new Jim Pierce I bought for $440.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
It is not hard to find a spectacular playing cue for $400 - $500, and sometimes less.

Obviously, lots of folks play with much more expensive cues for a multitude of reasons.

For the past five or six years I have been playing with a very plain bacote TS hoppe that cost me $600. I have been trying to replace it with everything I put my hands on and can't seem to find one better suited to me.

I do occasionally alternate with a $700 Olney which also plays incredible.

I am a bit of a showoff at heart so, occasionally, I do like to show up with a big cue for my buddies to gawk at, but I honestly couldn't feel comfortable with having a big money cue in danger of being knocked over or worse, growing a pair of legs while I'm on a bathroom break.

Best,
Brian kc

Dirtbmw20

Lee Casto
Silver Member
$850 for my Coker player. $200 for my Jacoby jump/break. $300-$400 for a couple of different practice cues.

63Kcode

AKA Larry Vigus
Silver Member
About $40 the killer is the ten grand I spent on the stuff to make it with.

Larry

bflgvs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can't really remember what I paid for my Tad. If I recall it was somewhere in the range of $1,200. But you gotta remember that was some time ago. I have tried many different cues; Webbs, Schons, SW, Prices, JDs, etc. But I have found that nothing compares to my 'player' Tad.

Gerry S

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
I had used a $300 Viking for 3 years then switched to a $136 R-360 Cuetec. The Viking is collecting dust for a few years now. Johnnyt