Clean and shine/polish rails on a Diamond Pro-am (oak, stained black)

poolf4natic

Registered
Table mechanics, looking to see how I should clean and polish the rails on my table. It’s a black Diamond 9-foot Pro-am. It’s oak, stained black and has taken on a duller sheen than I’d like.

I imagine using something like pledge might not be the best solution - considering this, any thoughts on cleaning and shining the rails?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Table mechanics, looking to see how I should clean and polish the rails on my table. It’s a black Diamond 9-foot Pro-am. It’s oak, stained black and has taken on a duller sheen than I’d like.

I imagine using something like pledge might not be the best solution - considering this, any thoughts on cleaning and shining the rails?

Stained, or painted black? Post some pictures.

poolf4natic

Registered
Stained, or painted black? Post some pictures.

3460a21b69081023bb9ce27e6bd5a1f6.jpg
IMG_3024.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

realkingcobra

Silver Member
That's PRC, not Oak wood. That's a phenolic resin composition rail cap mounted on top of butcher blocked Oak sub rail. You can polish that like you'd polish a car finish, wax and buffer.

poolf4natic

Registered
Wow that’s interesting... didn’t know they were using anything but wood since the Dymondwood factory burned down. Cool!

Any recommendations on polish/wax brand to use?

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

poolf4natic

Registered
Also, do you do work around San Diego? If you do, when I need a recover and level I can reach out...

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Also, do you do work around San Diego? If you do, when I need a recover and level I can reach out...

Meguiars cleaner wax and a buffer, and i don't know when I'll be able to hit the road again as it looks like I'm going to be having surgery for a complete right knee replacement coming up soon.