AE Schmidt and Connelly

cl206

Registered
Hi everyone, Im looking for some feedback on the following two tables.

1) AE Schmidt Aquarius

2) Connelly San Carlos

I have recently seen some Connelly and AE Schmidt tables and did take a look from underneath them (not the two above however). I have to say I thought the Connelly were better built than the AE Schmidt. But then again I am no expert.

Going back and forth. I would consider a used GC but the 8ft are as rare as a unicorn and besides, my wife doesn't like the look of those. She likes the ball and claw legs which the above two have.

BTW I did consider the diamond jubilee but that was more than I would like to spend unfortunately.

TIA,
-Charlie

Last edited:

obe1

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Post this question in the MECH section..The AZ Mechs &AZ members should be able to give you feedback.

Good luck with your search

cl206

Registered
Hi thanks! I think im going to lean toward the connelly after calling the manu a few times. The
price diff is about 1k. Im not sure if the ae schmidt is that much better. Ill post pic whenever i get around to
buying it
Charlie

icemanfred

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
did you take some pics??
I am looking at the same tabe.
care to comment on it?? the good the bad etc?

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member
You could find a used model of a Connelly.

Use craigslist.org and change your city search paremeters and you will be able to see every Pool table for sale in that city.

I wanted a 5 x 10 snooker table and went to the Olhausen dealer who initially wanted $6,500 set up/installed etc. I told him he had to 'sharpen his pencil' because I was looking at a used Brunswick Anniversary and a used Centennial. He called Olhausen and spoke to an Olhausen and then he came back and said the price would be $5,500.!

I drove to Florida, 1200 mile round trip, stayed overnite in a motel, paid for disassembly and loading, used a rented trailer, paid for assembly and set up (upstairs) recovered it in 6811 tournament cloth, purchased new pockets from Ken Hash (Classic Billiards, here on AZ) had the pocket castings polished and spent some time polishing the anodized aluminium and am sitting at under $3,000 even with the diesel fuel I used. Granted there is no figure for my time (I am retired) but you could source one on a weekend or long weekend.

The result is I have as good if not better table that is a modern day antique that is more saleable than a new table and saved $2,500.

Use this forum and find good table mechanics that will do the disassembly/assembly and you will be happy with the result!

Last edited:

Sweatin'

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You could find a used model of a Connelly.

Use craigslist.org and change your city search paremeters and you will be able to see every Pool table for sale in that city.

I wanted a 5 x 10 snooker table and went to the Olhausen dealer who initially wanted $6,500 set up/installed etc. I told him he had to 'sharpen his pencil' because I was looking at a used Brunswick Anniversary and a used Centennial. He called Olhausen and spoke to an Olhausen and then he came back and said the price would be $5,500.!

I drove to Florida, 1200 mile round trip, stayed overnite in a motel, paid for disassembly and loading, used a rented trailer, paid for assembly and set up (upstairs) recovered it in 6811 tournament cloth, purchased new pockets from Ken Hash (Classic Billiards, here on AZ) had the pocket castings polished and spent some time polishing the anodized aluminium and am sitting at under $3,000 even with the diesel fuel I used. Granted there is no figure for my time (I am retired) but you could source one on a weekend or long weekend.

The result is I have as good if not better table that is a modern day antique that is more saleable than a new table and saved $2,500.

Use this forum and find good table mechanics that will do the disassembly/assembly and you will be happy with the result!

I'm sorry, but what did you end up buying on your trip to FL?