From Predtor 314-2 to...?

Sensation

right there
Silver Member
Hi people of the forums,

I just started playing pool again after almost a decade of "I have other important stuff to achieve in my life".

I have a Pred 314-2 shaft (that I like) and my backup, an OB-1 first gen, is crooked and plays awful (and I never really liked anyway).

Since I can't seem to find anywhere to buy a Pred 314-2 (for a Schon 5/16 x 14), I was wondering what were my options considering I want a LD shaft.

I might buy 2 since I want to take my pool game very seriously.

Thanks!

BigBoof

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi people of the forums,

I just started playing pool again after almost a decade of "I have other important stuff to achieve in my life".

I have a Pred 314-2 shaft (that I like) and my backup, an OB-1 first gen, is crooked and plays awful (and I never really liked anyway).

Since I can't seem to find anywhere to buy a Pred 314-2 (for a Schon 5/16 x 14), I was wondering what were my options considering I want a LD shaft.

I might buy 2 since I want to take my pool game very seriously.

Thanks!
There is always a 314-3 or a Jacoby Hybrid shaft available in that joint. You could get any other 5/16-14 shaft. It just wouldn't have that tight final turns. I'm currently loving the Mezz Ex Pro which fits fine on a Schon.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

VikingCueMfg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We can do that joint with the ViKORE and eXactShot shafts in that joint as well. Both of which are made from aged, premium maple 100% right here in the USA.

Fore Rail

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Since you like the Predator 314/2, I would suggest looking at the BD SS360/2 shafts.

Next in line would be the Mezz WX700.

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you like and are used to the 314-2 just get a 314-3.
Easy.
You could also experiment with the Vantage if you want a slightly wider tip.
Just fyi: I recently got a 314-3 shaft and in my opinion it's better and hits more solid than the 2-line.

mtank79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you like and are used to the 314-2 just get a 314-3.
Easy.
You could also experiment with the Vantage if you want a slightly wider tip.
Just fyi: I recently got a 314-3 shaft and in my opinion it's better and hits more solid than the 2-line.

Have you tried the Vantage? I was leaning towards it over the 314-3.

Jedivman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My original 314 from 95 is still my goto shaft. I just bought a Z3 shaft and I despise it. None of them hit like the original long ferrule shaft IMHO

Koop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just switched to a 314-3 and am not looking back. Excellent shaft, IMO