Votes: 8 9.4%
  • Other

Votes: 43 50.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Which instructor from AZ would you choose? Please leave any & all politics out of it using only who you feel is most knowledgeable and experienced AND best able to convey it best.

Edit : I should add I am referring to taking live instruction from, not books, dvd's and the such.

Last edited:

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Might be helpful to list what specifically you want to work on, if there is something. Also, I'd suggest adding Scott Lee to the list, too! He's good and I enjoyed my lesson with him a lot.

TheBook

Ret Professional Goof Off
Silver Member
I would go with Tor Lowry who does the Zero X.

I have DVDs from many of those listed and Tor is the only one that doesn't have some gimick or short cut.

Just doing the first simple drill that he recommends of shooting thousands of balls into a pocket has really helped me. He has no short cuts, just practice and repetition.

🎱

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Scott Lee would be my first pick. For what ever reason he is not listed do some research and look at his reviews. He is as good as it gets if not the best. If a person cannot learn from Scott they are not practicing. Scott can teach.

Last edited:

randyg

www.randygpool.com
Silver Member
Yes, Scott Lee should be on the list. He is a true PBIA Master Instructor and a member of the SPF Family.

randyg

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How come Scott Lee isn't listed? He's been around AZ for a long time.

Damn it! I knew I was forgetting at least one or two but for the life of me couldn't think of who lol. ( it was late �� ) I did know though they would be mentioned in the comments. Sorry Scott!!!

Last edited:

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
After seeing what they have posted here on AZB including Scott Lee & others ,during my time here, I would go with Fran Crimi.

She has insights that I have not seen from the others other than possibly CJ Wiley. I'd go with him over the others.

Others may be good, but they do not seem to have the insights that these two have shown.

Last edited:

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After seeing what they have posted here on AZB including Scott Lee & others ,during my time here, I would go with Fran Crimi.

She has insights that I have not seen from the others other than possibly CJ Wiley. I'd go with him over the others.

Other may be good, but they do not seem to have the insights that these two have shown.

I actually agree with you, at least in regards to CJ. I really do not know that much AT ALL about Fran and I no way could I make even a semi - educated statement. But honestly imho, with the years of gambling, countless miles on the road, all the hustles, I'm not sure one could put a price on the vast knowledge CJ has but I can say one thing for sure though - those few people he chooses to bestow his knowledge on are very very lucky. Maybe, some of the others have the drills down to a science and maybe can help you with your " fundamentals but I say if you want a real true champion teaching you real world stuff that you just can't read out of a book but rather takes a lifetime of gambling, hustling, and being a true for real champion to gather that knowledge I honestly believe you will be hard pressed to get that from any of those mentioned but CJ!

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member

Other may be good, but they do not seem to have the insights that these two have shown.

Man, when you hold a grudge, you really hold a grudge. Sometimes it's just nice to be the bigger man once in awhile, but at least we know what to expect from you. Of course, these "insights" that you have not seen from others, is that from your "years" of on-line billiards expertise :eek: Well Played.

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
I have no "grudge" against anyone & I say a prayer nearly every night with a line that says, "forgive us our trespasses as we should forgive those that have trespassed against us".

Perhaps everyone should try it sometime.

There is another 'edict' that I live by & it says, "Bare no false witness against thy neighbor".

Perhaps everyone should live by that.

I also said in my post that others may be good, but they do not seem to have the insights that I have seen from CJ Wiley & Fran Crimi.

That is the truth from what I've seen & my point of view & hence my honest opinion.

I also do not follow other members around these forums in attempts to belittle or besmirch them. It seems another is displaying attributes of holding a grudge.

To the originator of the thread...

My apology for the slight derail that I did not cause, but felt compelled to comment on.

Last edited:

ScottK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I actually agree with you, at least in regards to CJ. I really do not know that much AT ALL about Fran and I no way could I make even a semi - educated statement. But honestly imho, with the years of gambling, countless miles on the road, all the hustles, I'm not sure one could put a price on the vast knowledge CJ has but I can say one thing for sure though - those few people he chooses to bestow his knowledge on are very very lucky. Maybe, some of the others have the drills down to a science and maybe can help you with your " fundamentals but I say if you want a real true champion teaching you real world stuff that you just can't read out of a book but rather takes a lifetime of gambling, hustling, and being a true for real champion to gather that knowledge I honestly believe you will be hard pressed to get that from any of those mentioned but CJ!

Then why did you ask?

Scaramouche

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OP Asks a question to get an answer not based on experience. :eek:
Just a question about which one has the most successful PR campaign.

How many posters could give an informed opinion on the relative merits of any two of the instructors listed, because they paid for lessons from both?

For the record, I have paid one of the instructors listed.
He was worth the price.
But since I am not naming him, and nobody knows who I am, no reputations have been ruined. :D

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
I also said in my post that others may be good, but they do not seem to have the insights that I have seen from CJ Wiley & Fran Crimi.

Rick, please post the part in your first post where you mentioned the "others may be good". You can't, because you never said that. You now mentioned it above after I responded. So, it appears your response above was not accurate at all, correct?

But at least you corrected it NOW, so it appears according to you, that Scott, et all, are all good instructors, thanks for the tip.

Last edited:

Tennesseejoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Which instructor from AZ would you choose? Please leave any & all politics out of it using only who you feel is most knowledgeable and experienced AND best able to convey it best.

Edit : I should add I am referring to taking live instruction from, not books, dvd's and the such.

A couple of questions you may want to ask your self:
1. How long, hours, half day, once per month, etc.
2. How far to travel? Or will the instructor come to you, if you have facilities.
3. What specifically do you want to learn? Banking? Aiming and stroke? 14.1?
4. The art of hustling? Gambling? Life on the road?
5. Pool , billiards or snooker?
6. Costs involved?
ETC.