Predator pre cat 314 shaft without logo

KJ Cues

Pro Cue Builder & Repair
Silver Member
Absolutely!
Predator offers what's known as 'partial' shafts.
These are finished by Predator except for the 6-8" up from the jnt. face.
They are offered to CMs or anyone else for that matter, to be completed in custom fashion,
ie, for the CM to add custom ring-work or custom fitting to a custom cue.
It's at the discretion of the builder to install the decal or not.
Granted, they will not be warranted by Predator WITHOUT the decal but the CM may do that
at his client's request. Some clients don't want the world to know that they are playing with a
high performance shaft. 10 pie-splices and an 'isoplast' ferrule will be your first clues that it's legit.

At Your Service, KJ

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Absolutely!
Predator offers what's known as 'partial' shafts.
These are finished by Predator except for the 6-8" up from the jnt. face.
They are offered to CMs or anyone else for that matter, to be completed in custom fashion,
ie, for the CM to add custom ring-work or custom fitting to a custom cue.
It's at the discretion of the builder to install the decal or not.
Granted, they will not be warranted by Predator WITHOUT the decal but the CM may do that
at his client's request. Some clients don't want the world to know that they are playing with a
high performance shaft. 10 pie-splices and an 'isoplast' ferrule will be your first clues that it's legit.

At Your Service, KJ

I was under the assumption that the original 314's had LBM ferrules. Is that incorrect? A buddy of mine has one of the first Predators ever made, and I am almost certain that the ferrules are LBM. I could be mistaken.

KJ Cues

Pro Cue Builder & Repair
Silver Member
The very first Predator shaft may well have had an LBM ferrule. It was also non-splice.
If it's spliced and has an LBM ferrule, the ferrule has been replaced at some point down the road.
When the 314 was introduced to the public en-mass, the ferrule mtrl. was isoplast.
Now to confuse you further, there is NO difference btwn a 'cat' shaft and a 'pre-cat' shaft; NONE.
How am I able to say this with any kind of certainty ?
I've been doing the custom-work for the largest Predator dealer in the world for the past 16 yrs.
I've built several 1,000 Predator shafts. I'm not speaking from a base of assumption.
Call Seyberts and ask them who KJ is.