Learning CTE

gazman100

Brunswick Gold Crowns - Qld Australia
Silver Member
Learning CTE

The hardest part I've had trouble with CTE/Pro one is how you move into the shot.

Do I understand this correctly.

With a regular pool stance your lead leg or aiming leg goes on the aim line then your other leg steps across on an angle to the aim line. You then bend your upper body towards your aim line until your visually lined up for the shot as explained by Max Eberle.

In Stan's CTE/Pro dvd it seems to me that with CTE you do this the other way around.

You establish your visuals, move into the shot with visuals locked in, then you move your body out of the way.

This seems to be the opposite way to move in compared to ghost ball or fractional.

This moving in process has and has still being the hardest part of CTE to work out.

Any thoughts appreciated.
Cheers

delmari001

Registered
Pro One Aiming

If you have a straight shot down the rail, how do you place your aiming leg on the shot line and make this shot? You would be aiming into the rail. Pro One isn't difficult to learn, it just takes time and a willingness to adapt. Pro One is truly a center pocket system. Put some time into it and you'll see the benefits.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Learning CTE

The hardest part I've had trouble with CTE/Pro one is how you move into the shot.

With a regular pool stance your lead leg or aiming leg goes on the aim line then your other leg steps across on an angle to the aim line. You then bend your upper body towards your aim line until your visually lined up for the shot as explained by Max Eberle.

In Stan's CTE/Pro dvd it seems to me that with CTE you do this the other way around.

You establish your visuals, move into the shot with visuals locked in, then you move your body out of the way.

This seems to be the opposite way to move in compared to ghost ball or fractional.

This moving in process has and has still being the hardest part of CTE to work out.

Cheers

Very simply. Get your visuals locked in.

For Pro One, at the point you are locked in on the visuals, let go and move into CCB to make the shot. Your eyes will have moved left or right.
Perhaps someone can diagram and post my left cut to the side which is also a dead bank cross side.

I would need to confirm diagram correctness and that can help a lot with leArning the Pro One left and right movements.

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

Newsheriffintwn

Newsheriff Custom Cues
Silver Member
Learning CTE

Cheers

It is awkward at first, but committing to use the system on each and every shot will definitely help you as it did for me.

One other thing I haven't seen discussed is its absolutely crucial you have gotten to a point that you have a straight repeatable stroke. If your stroke isn't straight you will have issues thinking the system isn't working.

Good Luck, and stick with it its well worth the effort.

EasyEJL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
can someone point me to any free information on CTE/Pro One? I've been thinking about picking up the DVDs but would like to at least get an idea what it is first

(((Satori)))

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
can someone point me to any free information on CTE/Pro One? I've been thinking about picking up the DVDs but would like to at least get an idea what it is first

What is frustrating is I have the DVD and according to Stan I still have no idea of what it is.

From my understanding CTE is a system where you align yourself to the cueball and object ball by sighting your visuals (sighting certain parts of the balls and aligning yourself to them), drop into the shot either one half tip to the right or one half tip to the left, then pivot either right or left to center. This is suppose to send the object ball to dead center pocket if you stroke straight from there.

Pro-one is very similar in that you use the same visuals but the drop and pivot is done in one movement.

Good luck if you pursue this system. I have asked for clarification many times on here about just the visuals alone and the best answer I have recieved is that they will be covered on dvd 2.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What is frustrating is I have the DVD and according to Stan I still have no idea of what it is.

From my understanding CTE is a system where you align yourself to the cueball and object ball by sighting your visuals (sighting certain parts of the balls and aligning yourself to them), drop into the shot either one half tip to the right or one half tip to the left, then pivot either right or left to center. This is suppose to send the object ball to dead center pocket if you stroke straight from there.

Pro-one is very similar in that you use the same visuals but the drop and pivot is done in one movement.

Good luck if you pursue this system. I have asked for clarification many times on here about just the visuals alone and the best answer I have recieved is that they will be covered on dvd 2.

Much of your assessment is excellent. Thank you!!

The visuals are covered throughout my posting history on AZ.

The CTE VISUALS were covered on DVD1 and covered well.
Yes, DVD2 will cover the exact system but from a different perspective that has resulted from my thousands of hours of study with CTE.

And I will repeat, my nose is open! I will share with anyone at my teaching facility what CTE is all about. Then you can make your own decision if you want to pursue your own work with a system that amazingly connects you with the geometry of a table.

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

(((Satori)))

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My question is simple and I have yet to recieve an answer. BTW, as I stated I have dvd 1. The visuals were not covered well enough for me.

I would like to know exactly where your head is in relation to the cue ball and object ball once your visuals are locked in right before you drop into your shot.

Are you directly in line with the cte & the secondary line at the same time?

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My question is simple and I have yet to recieve an answer. BTW, as I stated I have dvd 1. The visuals were not covered well enough for me.

I would like to know exactly where your head is in relation to the cue ball and object ball once your visuals are locked in right before you drop into your shot.

Are you directly in line with the cte & the secondary line at the same time?

I have said the following multiple times on AZ.

The visuals give you a fixed cue ball with 2 outside edges, one left and one right. Thus you also have a cue ball vertical axis defined between the 2 fixed edges. Once your visuals are correctly seen: THE OB IS OUT OF THE PICTURE.
YOU MOVE IN 1/2 tip left or right of CCB to connect with the geometry of the table. Manual pivoting is ultimately for testing and system evidence only.

Pro One is simply SEE THE VISUALS AND SHOOT. Your eyes/ head must move left or right to make the shot. Pro one eliminates the need for a weird pivot.

I hope this clarifies your concerns. You must experience this as that is what true knowledge really is all about. This is actually very simple as many are now reporting.

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

(((Satori)))

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have said the following multiple times on AZ.

The visuals give you a fixed cue ball with 2 outside edges, one left and one right. Thus you also have a cue ball vertical axis defined between the 2 fixed edges. Once your visuals are correctly seen: THE OB IS OUT OF THE PICTURE.
YOU MOVE IN 1/2 tip left or right of CCB to connect with the geometry of the table. Manual pivoting is ultimately for testing and system evidence only.

Pro One is simply SEE THE VISUALS AND SHOOT. Your eyes/ head must move left or right to make the shot. Pro one eliminates the need for a weird pivot.

I hope this clarifies your concerns. You must experience this as that is what true knowledge really is all about. This is actually very simple as many are now reporting.

Stan Shuffett

When you say the visuals give you a fixed cue ball with two outside edges and a vertical axis in between, your answer does nothing to help me better understand where my head needs to be. I can see a fixed cue with two edges and a center from every possible angle.

You can forget everything in red because I got that, no need for you to repeat the process after the visuals just answer my question.

Where is your head when you see the visuals?

Are you directly on the cte line?

Are you directly on the secondary line?

Are you on both lines at the same time?

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When you say the visuals give you a fixed cue ball with two outside edges and a vertical axis in between, your answer does nothing to help me better understand where my head needs to be. I can see a fixed cue with two edges and a center from every possible angle.

You can forget everything in red because I got that, no need for you to repeat the process after the visuals just answer my question.

When you have your visuals, your HEAD is fixed in space.
Nothing else matters after you have your visuals, just make the ball with PRO ONE.

I have said many, many times that you do NOT align directly behind the CTE LINE OR THE AIM LINE. It will NOT work if you do so.

Please take what I say and work on the table. If I can ever be in your presence I will gladly demo what I speak of and guide you along.

Stan Shuffett

Gerry Williams

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Based on my experience and I use the system exclusively now - the proper visuals will be seen from 1 location. You cannot see the same visuals from multiple locations, unless I am missing something.

So once you have the visuals - your head in in the right position. The visuals lead the body into the shot. Body is typically offset slightly, so no directly behind the cue ball.

It took me close to 200 hours with the system but I swear by it.

Hope this helps and Stan let me know if I have misinterpreted anything here.

Cheers,
Gerry

(((Satori)))

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nothing else matters after you have your visuals, just make the ball with PRO ONE.

I have said many, many times that you do NOT align directly behind the CTE LINE OR THE AIM LINE. It will NOT work if you do so.

Please take what I say and work on the table. If I can ever be in your presence I will gladly demo what I speak of and guide you along.

Stan Shuffett

A straight answer telling me where I need to be in order to see my visuals would be awesome.

If you are not in line with the cte line or the aim line then where are you exactly. Your video does not make this clear. The answer of my head is fixed in space does not make this clear. Please give me a clear precise answer.

Newsheriffintwn

Newsheriff Custom Cues
Silver Member

Stan Shuffett

Something that helped me was once I established my visuals I do not break focus on the balls while going down into my stance. I found it very important to stay locked on to them.

I think its important to have faith that something works rather than question every single detail. From what I can tell Stan has done all the heavy lifting for us, all we need to do is follow the example hes provided, have faith and patience until it CLICKS. I can tell you this once you do really get it, the game will never be the same.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Based on my experience and I use the system exclusively now - the proper visuals will be seen from 1 location. You cannot see the same visuals from multiple locations, unless I am missing something.

So once you have the visuals - your head in in the right position. The visuals lead the body into the shot. Body is typically offset slightly, so no directly behind the cue ball.

It took me close to 200 hours with the system but I swear by it.

Hope this helps and Stan let me know if I have misinterpreted anything here.

Cheers,
Gerry

That is quite good, Gerry.

Once you have your visuals, at that point, you are a natural right or left eye/head movement away from a shot line.

It is as simple as SEE and SHOOT.

Everyone must pass through a learning curve of allowing your visual intelligence to learn the few visuals that take care of a zillion shots.

While doing so, the body learns to move left and right just as most pros are doing.

CTE PRO ONE is a professional aiming system.

Gerry's learning curve was 200 hours. Now he has an objective visual/motor system that will continue to refine itself and become stronger for the rest of his playing career.

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

One more thought.

The perception for each line is perceived with the head position in one place. Both lines can be easily seen without head movement.

The perceptions of CTE PRO ONE become instantaneous once learned.
The 2 line perceptions can be seen as an overlap or a channel.
At first it is tedious and a little bit laborious but that phase is short-lived.

With work, you learn to see something objective and then fall into CCB.
From there, as John S. says, you need a good delivery system. And that is an understatement.

Stan Shuffett