6 Point Black Boar - High Performance Player

kamdaswani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No Technical Data

i know a lot of people are excited about this players cue so i would like to address the following en block rather than by individual pm's:

1. it is not for sale.. at any price..

2. i dont know anything about the technical aspect of the cue.. that is tony's trade secret ...

3. i will not "lend" my shafts to be copied ... at any price

4. to my knowledge, tony will only be making 8 pointers from now..

my appologies to tony and donnie for the inconvenience this post seems to have caused...

i was happy and just wanted to share... :confused:

pooldogue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
kamdaswani said:
i know a lot of people are excited about this players cue so i would like to address the following en block rather than by individual pm's:

2. i dont know anything about the technical aspect of the cue.. that is tony's trade secret ...

my appologies to tony and donnie for the inconvenience this post seems to have caused...

I was under the impression he wasnt making anymore "simple" cues period ???? Just goes to show its not what you know !!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:
Beautiful cue you have gotten sir........:)

8-ball Rat

I'll eat you alive.....
Silver Member
kamdaswani said:

Kam,

I think we all knew that you were excited about the cue....and you have every right to be. Can't say that I'm shocked that your posting started a frenzy, though. It did with me, for sure!! :) :)

Among all the PMs about specs, willingness to sell it, folks asking to borrow a shaft, etc......all those stemmed from other people being excited about it too. In a round about sort of way, it's a compliment.....I think.

Regardless, congrats on a great cue from a great cuemaker. You're a lucky man to have a brand new 6-pointer. Enjoy!!

kamdaswani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
8-ball Rat said:
Kam,

I think we all knew that you were excited about the cue....and you have every right to be. Can't say that I'm shocked that your posting started a frenzy, though. It did with me, for sure!! :) :)

Among all the PMs about specs, willingness to sell it, folks asking to borrow a shaft, etc......all those stemmed from other people being excited about it too. In a round about sort of way, it's a compliment.....I think.

Regardless, congrats on a great cue from a great cuemaker. You're a lucky man to have a brand new 6-pointer. Enjoy!!

and i guess you're right ... it is a compliment of sorts...

all the best,
kam

BlowFish

Pinoy D-Player
Silver Member
See you tomorrow my friend. If we are still ON. What time? Call or SMS me and/or Roy.

branpureza

Ginacue
Silver Member
fullsplicefiend said:
Does Tony put some kind of a fiber backer under the tip or is it glued straight to the wood?

I think the shafts are cored 3/16 at the tip for around 6 inches and filled with foam to decrease front-end mass. A fiber backer under the tip protects the wood from tip expansion...

kamdaswani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
on my way :)

Ballistic Billiards said:
Nice one Kam.
Can't wait to see the follow up.
maserati_logo5.jpg

http://www.cartype.com/page.cfm?id=1949&alph=all&dec=ALL

going to pick it up on the 21st .. will post it up when i get back ...

it's wicked !

kamdaswani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
battle scars

hi all ...

its been a while :)

so of all the 72 cues i have bought and sold over many many years, it finally happened ... my beautiful cue got assaulted by a bar stool ... damage done ... heart broken ...

and now with this ivory issue, i can't even sent it back to have it re-finished ...

crappy feeling so needed to vent .. figured you guys would feel my pain !

sigh ....

Attachments

• scarred.jpg
    scarred.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 318

louieatienza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hi all ...

its been a while :)

so of all the 72 cues i have bought and sold over many many years, it finally happened ... my beautiful cue got assaulted by a bar stool ... damage done ... heart broken ...

and now with this ivory issue, i can't even sent it back to have it re-finished ...

crappy feeling so needed to vent .. figured you guys would feel my pain !

sigh ....

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Selling now? :thumbup:

I'm sure there are competent craftsmen where you are that can remedy that... good luck!

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
wow youve had and played with the same cue for 9 yrs now,

kudos, i cannot say the same, not even close

tonyboy59

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Selling now? :thumbup:

I'm sure there are competent craftsmen where you are that can remedy that... good luck!

Sorry to hear of your misfortune...Any chance of it being wet sanded and buffed out?

BTW...I have the same cue except the joint is SS not ivory over stainless with two original shafts (not ferrule-less).

yuri_b17

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I feel your pain Kam...really sucks when this things happens...

thanks for letting me play with this one tonight...such a special cue & I'm really amazed on how awesome it plays...

pookster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
sorry guys, this cue is not for sale ... tony disrupted his normal production set up to make it for me with a promise it would "play like god" and this cue has nailed it !

it's already in my locker at my pool hall and there it will stay ...

thanks for the kind comments and pm's but again, this is not for sale...

Nice cue and suck of what happen

Grantstew

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kam, is it any easier to ship the cue to Europe for a repair? Michael Vollmer will refinish BB cues.