Old Brunswick worth anything?

charlie8

Registered
A friend of mine asked me if this cue was worth anything. Can anyone help ID if this is a falcon or joss made version? Value? Sorry I only have one pic they sent me.
434f89e9c63f75b1242b2bfb4bd80838.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some of these were made by Joss. Some Falcon. Some Asian import.

If that has a 14 pin it might be Falcon. I don't think it's a Joss.

If 18 pin, Asian.

Some do look for these, and that looks in nice shape.

Value? I really hate the value issue. In such nice condition you can expect to get over $100 for it. I wouldn't expect more than $150. I have seen selling prices get silly on these and occasionally someone will go over $200 for some unknown reason...but I wouldn't be looking for that.

Example of a higher level one but in lesser condition: http://www.ebay.com/itm/brunswick-p...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

The strongest value on these are the earliest ones made by Joss IMHO. Why? US made, Joss, Brunswick. Add it up. If it's in nice condition it's worth something.

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member
Call joss. Don't email though, it's frowned upon in the pool world to Email Cue companies

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks like a joss to me... but I'm no cue wiz...

Rob.M

Definitely worth more if it is.

Incidentally, the Joss Brunswicks were not actually a 14 pin. I think it was something like a 5/16 x 12 or 16 pin or some other strangeness. Thomas Wayne (I think it was him) had a custom tap made for it.

Last edited:

charlie8

Registered
Thank you for the replies. I'll check the pin when I see her next. It is in great condition. Been sitting in her closet for 25-30 years.

Thanks again

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have hit some balls with this generation of Brunswick cues. They played okay, and felt like a Joss to me.

If you can get them $100-200 they make a fine starter cue.

Ken

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have hit some balls with this generation of Brunswick cues. They played okay, and felt like a Joss to me.

If you can get them $100-200 they make a fine starter cue.

Ken

I agree.

And because they have a common joint pin you can easily upgrade the shaft if you choose to go that way.

You can occasionally find them at bargain prices in nice condition too. I gave one to somebody a couple years ago that I paid something like $30 for.

Definitely legitimately worth over $100, they aren't junk.

But some of the Joss ones will easily pull a lot more. But they have the Joss name on them and/or are in the Joss catalog. https://josscues.com/photo-gallery/cue-archives/brunswick-by-joss/

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Dan Janes

You can contact joss via email. I've gotten a quick response in the past.

Rob.M