New Sib Layered Cue Tip AZB Prices

TomHay

Best Tips For Less
Gold Member
Silver Member
1a1a.jpg

Video of SIB Install by Mike, Palmetto Cues
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1ICcN5qyJk

After much Pencil sharpening the AZB price for SIB Layered Cue Tips are, Lot of 10, $27.00, add $2.70 per tip above that and $2.45 shipping.
SIB Layered Tips Come
Medium
SOFT
PRO
PLEASE MAKE SURE TO GIVE TIP BREAKDOWN IN PAYPAL NOTES AND SPECIFY SIB

Paypal Tcue@aol.com

Last edited:

rhncue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
View attachment 431242

Video of SIB Install by Mike, Palmetto Cues
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1ICcN5qyJk

After much Pencil sharpening the AZB price for SIB Layered Cue Tips are, Lot of 10, $27.00, add $2.70 per tip above that and $2.45 shipping.
SIB Layered Tips Come
Medium
SOFT
PRO
PLEASE MAKE SURE TO GIVE TIP BREAKDOWN IN PAYPAL NOTES AND SPECIFY SIB
Paypal Tcue@aol.com

Extremely good price and pricing structure. These are wholesale prices and surely anyone in the trade would need a minimum of 10 tips at a time.

Dick

HoustonInt

Big John's Cue Repair
Silver Member
Great deal Tom. Can you tell us if the PRO is the hardest, softest or somewhere in between?

Thanks, John

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TomHay

Best Tips For Less
Gold Member
Silver Member
John,

The PRO on both the UltraSkin and SIB layered Cue Tips go through a slightly different process that makes them feel about Medium but grip and spin better than soft.

Thanks,
Tom

Great deal Tom. Can you tell us if the PRO is the hardest, softest or somewhere in between?

Thanks, John

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TomHay

Best Tips For Less
Gold Member
Silver Member

tonka2

Registered
Tom, I told you that I put a Pro on one shaft and a soft on another shaft, and it was hard to tell the difference, but after playing a few hours with each tip, even though neither needed reshaping, I decided to just touch them up with a Willard Universal shaper....and it is a world of difference. They both play and grip great, and one is noticeably softer than the other, which I assume is the soft tip. I'm up in age and can't remember which tip I put on which shaft LOL.

Fantastic product at a great price!!! Keep them coming!!!

Herb

TomHay

Best Tips For Less
Gold Member
Silver Member
Herb,

Thank you. I was scratching my head a bit after your nice email and I want and need those emails. You and me are both up there, I would guess the light green one,LOL? Yes the Soft should have the softer feel.
Thanks

QUOTE=tonka2;5646951]Tom, I told you that I put a Pro on one shaft and a soft on another shaft, and it was hard to tell the difference, but after playing a few hours with each tip, even though neither needed reshaping, I decided to just touch them up with a Willard Universal shaper....and it is a world of difference. They both play and grip great, and one is noticeably softer than the other, which I assume is the soft tip. I'm up in age and can't remember which tip I put on which shaft LOL.

Fantastic product at a great price!!! Keep them coming!!!

Herb[/QUOTE]

TomHay

Best Tips For Less
Gold Member
Silver Member

Locotone07

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
John,

The PRO on both the UltraSkin and SIB layered Cue Tips go through a slightly different process that makes them feel about Medium but grip and spin better than soft.

Thanks,
Tom

Why would one choose an SIB over an UltraSkin or visa versa? I'm primarily interested on the PRO and medium varieties.

TomHay

Best Tips For Less
Gold Member
Silver Member
The UltraSkins have been compared to a Kamui many times. The SIB though new to many has feedback of like an old Moori. All the types are PigSkin. The cutting on the lathe is way different as the feel of the hit is different. They do not compete with each other, more fill a gap. If as a player you like how a Kamui hits I would say give UltraSkin a try. If you liked the hit of the old Moori I would suggest you give the SIB a try.

Why would one choose an SIB over an UltraSkin or visa versa? I'm primarily interested on the PRO and medium varieties.

Locotone07

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The UltraSkins have been compared to a Kamui many times. The SIB though new to many has feedback of like an old Moori. All the types are PigSkin. The cutting on the lathe is way different as the feel of the hit is different. They do not compete with each other, more fill a gap. If as a player you like how a Kamui hits I would say give UltraSkin a try. If you liked the hit of the old Moori I would suggest you give the SIB a try.

Tom, thanks for the response. I'm actually just getting back into pool after a 26 year hiatus, so I don't have experience with either Kamui's nor old Moori's. The only tips I've ever played were LePro's of yesteryear, don't remember layered tips existing back then. After reading the numerous positive reviews I thought your UltraSkin Pro's and mediums would be a good choice, but then you introduced your SIBs...too many choices! Lol! I don't have a tip preference because I haven't played for so long. Can you or anyone who has used both your UltraSkins and SIBs in Pro's and medium's compare them to each other, ie UltraSkin Pro vs SIB Pro and Ultraskin medium vs SIB medium?

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
Tom, thanks for the response. I'm actually just getting back into pool after a 26 year hiatus, so I don't have experience with either Kamui's nor old Moori's. The only tips I've ever played were LePro's of yesteryear, don't remember layered tips existing back then. After reading the numerous positive reviews I thought your UltraSkin Pro's and mediums would be a good choice, but then you introduced your SIBs...too many choices! Lol! I don't have a tip preference because I haven't played for so long. Can you or anyone who has used both your UltraSkins and SIBs in Pro's and medium's compare them to each other, ie UltraSkin Pro vs SIB Pro and Ultraskin medium vs SIB medium?
My opinion, based on what I've shot with and tried, Ultra skins didn't fill my shooting needs, but a lot of my customers like them. The medium SIB is the only tip I have tried in the new line on my own cue, and gotta say, I'm very happy with it. I use a lot of English to position the cueball, and it supplies it, even at slow stroke speed on a bar box on a travel league. ( as long as it is a good stroke). I have done some 8 ft table length masse shots with ease... I am usually a simple player, don't need any big name tips or sticks to shoot...I'm either on or off. I currently have a triangle on my main shooter as it has filled my needs, but I will be switching it to a medium SIB tip right after playoffs this week. Great tip, and a great price.
Now keep in mind, a player should know their capabilities, and therefore, be able to realize when a tip is good, and adjust their stroke/speed...etc. A good player also knows when their stroke is off. Everyone's mileage will vary accordingly.
Dave

Bank it

Uh Huh, Sounds Legit
Silver Member
Tom is this tip even made in hard or extra hard????

This is why I haven't tried them. While all layered tips harden with use I don't know when soft pool cue tips became the rage compared to a hard tip which used to be the norm. So much so that with brands like this where hard aren't even offered as an option.

TomHay

Best Tips For Less
Gold Member
Silver Member
Tom is this tip even made in hard or extra hard????

I don't know if you rememer the start of my Quest with UltraSkins. I started with only a Medium and a Soft and at todays writing went both Softer and Harder.

I will agree that its tough to beat a Great single layer Triangle or Lepro. The problem I saw back when I was installing Tips and playing was there were only so many sweet ones to a box where many had gotten to the point many installers would deem the rest of the box as no good.

As a general rule of thumb the ones deemed no good would be applied on house cues for the local pool hall.

On everything there is a Pro and a Con.

As per Dave38's post, as a player he is not a fan of the UltraSkin but as an installer he has customers who like them but as a player he has been happier with the SIB but not so much yet that he is cutting off his great single layer off his main playing shaft but in fairness to me it shows I am filling a Gap.

I am not trying to sell the whole world, play with what you like and enjoy playing Pool. :smile:

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
As per Dave38's post, as a player he is not a fan of the UltraSkin but as an installer he has customers who like them but as a player he has been happier with the SIB but not so much yet that he is cutting off his great single layer off his main playing shaft but in fairness to me it shows I am filling a Gap.
:

Tom, I am very strong believer of not changing anything the week of playoffs...not even my socks...:grin: .just kidding
Dave