Is it time for a new TOI thread?

Nine ... corner

BANNED
Silver Member
I was revisiting my copy of Advance Pool by George Fels wherein he extols the virtues of inside English. Fels credits Ralph Greenleaf who he states that the use of inside English was one of his great secrets. He then launches into a treatise of the value of using inside English even when it doesn't appear on the surface to be the best course of action. He (Fels) then expounds on nine potential advantages of using inside. Interesting and enlightening stuff from a master. I find it valuable to revisit works from the most knowledgeable. :thumbup:

Ched

"Hey ... I'm back"!
Silver Member
Greenleaf was an amazing player ... but I have a dumb question:
What does TOI mean?

Nine ... corner

BANNED
Silver Member
Yes but that is a playing system invented by CJ Wiley it's not simply about inside English as others have said

CJ only invented, if you can call it that, the acronym of TOI not the use of a tad (not a touch) of inside. That was one of the points in my original post that Fels credited Ralph Greenleaf as admitting one of his secrets was using inside. One might say CJ stole the whole thing from Ralph Greenleaf. The forum wound up chasing CJ off it but both Ralph and George are safe. ;)

Prey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for sharing. Most top pros know this secret, while most amateurs knock it.:thumbup:

j_zippel

Big Tuna
Silver Member
Bite me Ralph .. I asked a question rather than Google - so shoot me.

Thank you fathomblue

No harm done, some guys take it personally when you ask a question. Since the best players in the world post on this forum I don't blame you for cutting out the middle man named Google.

Ralph Kramden

BOOM!.. ZOOM!.. MOON!
Silver Member
Here we go again... :thud:... Do a search for TOI.

Bite me Ralph .. I asked a question rather than Google - so shoot me.
Thank you fathomblue

No harm done, some guys take it personally when you ask a question. Since the best players in the world post on this forum I don't blame you for cutting out the middle man named Google.

NOT a Google search... It's the search button on top of this.. and every page.

Hit the search button.. Type TOI.. More TOI reading than you'll need to know.

BTW.. My bark is worse than my bite...

Last edited: