Re:Mezz Power Break Pro

puertorociii

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Re:Mezz Power Break Pro

Just wanted to post a quick review on my recent purchase of the Mezz Break cue. My break has been inconsistant since I sold my BK2 and my wife got me the BK3 and I tried a buddy of mines Mezz. I could not get used to the BK3 for what ever reason and I broke good with my BK2 I guess because I used it for so long I molding my break around it. But I liked the Mezz after trying it a few times then I discided to take the plunge. After about 2 weeks I would like to post my concensus on the stick. It is amazing. Point blank. I can do more with less and it allows me to discipline my break and not let it get to reckless. I got it with the H shaft and dont regret it. My friends knew me for having a big bang of a break and I get the break I want at about 70 % My other buddy saw me break and said man your hitting them good. I've probably made more balls on the break in these past two weeks than I did last month. I still have to get used to the sonic tip. But im slowly making progress. Last night I made 3 balls on the break in 9 ball at least 7 times. The guy I shot with was ready to quite. Any way just wanted to spread the excitement. Anyone else have the same cue? Any break tips any can share?

Sent via Samsung hand held device.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1362423878194.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1362423878194.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 5,299
  • uploadfromtaptalk1362423890481.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1362423890481.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 4,792
  • uploadfromtaptalk1362423902619.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1362423902619.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 4,641
  • uploadfromtaptalk1362423913338.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1362423913338.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 4,853
  • uploadfromtaptalk1362423925246.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1362423925246.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 4,611
Last edited:

billabong_1004

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've had the same shaft, on the mezz power break for a month now. Breaks very very solid and good.

Previously, I tried to put on a G-10 on the regular deep impact shaft, an it broke even better-- except for the problem that the g10 tip would pop every 2 weeks. If you have a way to have a professional put a g10 tip on, try it. It's wonderful.

dannylee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What is the weight of the cue with the H Shaft

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

dannylee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I notices you have the wrapped one. How do you like that silicon wrap and how does it compare to say the rubber one that the BK2 had

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

billabong_1004

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I really liked the silicone wrap when it was new. Very good grip for a powerful break. Doesn't slip, in all ways awesome- except:
1) if you have a JB case or anything that is gonna be a tight fitting case, the butt does not go in or out easy.

2) the silicone grip is pretty thin- mine tore when a guy's case fell directly into my cue.

3) the grip does not really stay in place. It moves up or down a little- depending on how tight your case is.

4) the surface of the grip smoothens out a little and there will be a little loss of grip from when it was new

Other than that, I liked it, but I got Castillo to put on an elephant ear wrap and I like it better now.

Mezz USA sells the silicone grips for like $30 a piece which I thought was too pricey for silicone.

KenK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mezz Break Cue - H shaft

Do you mind if I ask where you bought your mezz break cue from? I looked on several of the main retail billiard websites but could not find where you had the option to request/buy the H shaft. You can send me a pm if you prefer to keep it confidential.

Do you play 8 ball much? How did the breaks compare between the BK3 and the Mezz break cue for 8 ball?

Im looking to get the BK3 in the next few weeks (pre-ordered). But after reading your review you have me thinking….

billabong_1004

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do you mind if I ask where you bought your mezz break cue from? I looked on several of the main retail billiard websites but could not find where you had the option to request/buy the H shaft. You can send me a pm if you prefer to keep it confidential.

Do you play 8 ball much? How did the breaks compare between the BK3 and the Mezz break cue for 8 ball?

Im looking to get the BK3 in the next few weeks (pre-ordered). But after reading your review you have me thinking….

You're right buddy. I got mine from mezz USA- which was $412 with shipping for the shaft only. I couldn't find a shop with options to change the deep impact pro R to the H.

I personally couldn't break with as much power on a 8 ball rack using BK2. Even the normal deep impact shaft breaks better on a 8 ball rack IMO.
Haven't had the opportunity to try BK3 but so far from what I have heard from my buddies, they like my mezz better.

The H shaft is really really stiff. Controls the cue ball better, but I find it an overkill if you play on a barbox. I use 60% strength to break with my H shaft on barbox 8 ball, and 80% to break on 9 footers. Very good results.

KenK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the info. Very informative. So if im understanding your reply, if im mostly playing on a 8 ball on a bar box, your recommendation would be for the Mezz Power Break with just the Deep Impact Shaft over the BK3 (No need to purchase the deep impact Pro break shaft). Wow, you’ve just given me more to think about….

billabong_1004

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the info. Very informative. So if im understanding your reply, if im mostly playing on a 8 ball on a bar box, your recommendation would be for the Mezz Power Break with just the Deep Impact Shaft over the BK3 (No need to purchase the deep impact Pro break shaft). Wow, you’ve just given me more to think about….

well, BK3 may work good too. I haven't had the opportunity to try it, but my friends sure prefer my mezz over their bk3s.

The BK3 has a stiffer hit too, because of the core in the shaft. If you already ordered it, just give it a go, if you really want a mezz, then I'm sure you can find one at a decent price out there in the market with the deep impact shaft.

But yes, deep impact pro on a barbox is really an overkill IMO. I play on 9 footers representing my school, and I play on bar boxes every Friday night for local tournament. And I feel not much difference on the bar boxes before and after changing my shaft from DI to DI pro.

puertorociii

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Got mine from bestbuycues dot com The weight is 19. It's ok for me at the moment. The wrap is awesome but I agree it feels kind of slim. I can see it being a problem in some cue cases. I got lucky it goes in smoothly in my cue case. (Lucasi soft).

Sent from handheld iOS Device.

Last edited:

Kaptivative

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hear Mezz makes a good product. I will have to give it a go.

How do you like that Tiger shaft that you shoot with currently?

puertorociii

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have to update that. I switched from a Schön with a tiger shaft to a Mezz with a WD700 shaft. I shot pretty good with the tiger. It treated me right. I think the Mezz shaft suites my style of play a little better. Essentially it boils down to preference.

Sent from handheld iOS Device.

Chuck521

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One of my good friends has this exact Mess Power Break Pro With both shaft, so he let me use it for a couple of days to see if I liked it because i was going to either buy one like it or get the BK3. and i really like this break cue I can get some solid breaks with it. the only thing i didn't care for about it was the silicone grip moves some what easy. So that might get old to some people, But in the end I ended up going with the BK3 thanks to J Soto On this site, And first off let me tell you I'm not a predator fan I've never bought there shafts, I've used em and didn't like them. But I do like there Jump cue the predator Air, but the only reason i have it is because i got a really good deal at TAP nationals in 2009 came with the BK2. The BK2 was ok i wasn't to impressed with it but this BK3 on the other hand is the NUTZ! the balance this cue has is amazing I was testing them both out last night. The Mezz pro and BK3 with Break speed app and I was breaking 2-3 MPH faster with the BK3 With way more control. It just felt effortless with the BK3, But the Mezz is no slouch it breaks a ton. But that's my none biased opinion, The BK3 and Predator Air are the only Predators I would recommend.

dhanboy

Registered
has the same break cue but with R shaft.
but felt little to light for me. wonder if the H SHAFT has little more weight on it?

have to agreed the silicon annoying i have mezz case 3x5.
it's kinda annoying to get t out

dannylee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This break cue is fantastic once you figure out how to use it. Breaks effortlessly and has great feedback but none of the vibration and buzz like a lot of the break cues out there. - I have tried both the R and H shafts and prefer the R shaft.

dannylee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The R shaft that I have is 4.4 oz and the H shaft that I tried was 5.8 oz.
Handle weight of 15.0.

The Butt end of the cues do have weight bolts that can be purchased seperately from mezz. Or if you have a Fastenal near ya!

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looking for some more input on the Mezz Power Break pro! If you got it let me hear what you think... Considering this one in wrapless but want more info on the shaft choices..

puertorociii

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Still using it. Still love it. But may be selling it soon. Due to changing my break to a less powerful but more effective break. It's been hard to do with the sonic tip. I am possibly installing a samsara hard leather tip for a better controlled break.

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Still using it. Still love it. But may be selling it soon. Due to changing my break to a less powerful but more effective break. It's been hard to do with the sonic tip. I am possibly installing a samsara hard leather tip for a better controlled break.

I have tried and own both Samsara and Odega Break tips and like the Odega slightly more, not a lot but enough.. Not sure about changing the tip on that particular cue though.. Let me know if you do and if you like it more. I am leaning to the same cue you have but wrap less with the R shaft.. If your interested in buying one of the Odega tips to try let me know in a PM I just got some recently..