Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > 14.1 Pool
Reload this Page Straight Pool Deluxe iPad App
Page 3 of 4 123 4

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.
Old
  (#31)
cstrombe
AzB Silver Member
cstrombe is on a distinguished road

vCash: 500

07-04-2014, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmgwalsh View Post
I was trying to check player stats and the only player stats it will let me see are mine. It looks like it is supposed to allow me to check the stats on another player, but I cannot change it. Is there a trick to it?
No, you can only see your own cumulative stats. You can see opponent stats for every game individually (tap Game Stats in bottom bar, then in the game history list, tap a game to see stats/innings for that game). But you are correct, the app only shows full cumulative stats history for the app owner.

Thanks,
Chris

---------------------------------------------------
14.1 High Run: 18
Try my straight pool iPad scoring app:
http://fourteen-one.com/app/

Old
  (#32)
leto1776
AzB Silver Member
leto1776 has a reputation beyond reputeleto1776 has a reputation beyond reputeleto1776 has a reputation beyond reputeleto1776 has a reputation beyond reputeleto1776 has a reputation beyond reputeleto1776 has a reputation beyond reputeleto1776 has a reputation beyond reputeleto1776 has a reputation beyond reputeleto1776 has a reputation beyond reputeleto1776 has a reputation beyond reputeleto1776 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

08-11-2014, 10:28 AM

I like this app. Easy to use.

Question: I "played" a fictional game to test it out, but don't want those stats showing. Any way to delete that game?

Chuck Stephenson
Joss fan

Those who can, do. Those who can't "teach," or claime to be "the teacher"

Old
  (#33)
cstrombe
AzB Silver Member

08-11-2014, 10:47 AM

Yes, just go to the game stats screen (4th tab on bottom from left), tap Edit in upper right corner, then tap the red circle next to the game you want to delete, click the confirmations. Then tap Done in upper right.

Thanks for checking out the app!

-Chris

Old
  (#34)
dmgwalsh
Straight Pool Fanatic
dmgwalsh has a reputation beyond reputedmgwalsh has a reputation beyond reputedmgwalsh has a reputation beyond reputedmgwalsh has a reputation beyond reputedmgwalsh has a reputation beyond reputedmgwalsh has a reputation beyond reputedmgwalsh has a reputation beyond reputedmgwalsh has a reputation beyond reputedmgwalsh has a reputation beyond reputedmgwalsh has a reputation beyond reputedmgwalsh has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1400

06-09-2015, 07:04 PM

Quote:
I was trying to check player stats and the only player stats it will let me see are mine. It looks like it is supposed to allow me to check the stats on another player, but I cannot change it. Is there a trick to it?
how do I sync so I can see the game that I just played with another player which is on his ipad? when two synced players play, isn't it supposed to show up on both ipads?

Old
  (#35)
cstrombe
AzB Silver Member

06-09-2015, 08:05 PM

Quote:
how do I sync so I can see the game that I just played with another player which is on his ipad? when two synced players play, isn't it supposed to show up on both ipads?

Yes, games are synced between player devices when the opponent has been added as a registered user on your ipad. So first step is to make sure your opponent has registered in the app on their ipad (set up a username/password, via the settings screen).

You can tell if you have a registered or unregistered opponent by going to settings screen, then tap Players in the menu. Let's say your opponent with the ipad is named Mike, and assume you already have games vs Mike on your ipad also. If Mike is listed as an unregistered opponent on your ipad, you will need to merge that player with the "real" (registered) Mike. You need to tap on his name there in the settings screen, and then tap the "Merge This Player With a Registered User" button. Then you enter Mike's username or email to do the merge, and any games scored on his ipad should sync to your ipad.

Once you do this and sync, Mike can sync and should see a new registered player (you) on his ipad (assuming that he also already had you as an unregistered opponent), along with the "regular" Dennis Walsh opponent he already had. So on his ipad, he will need to go to the same settings/players screen, and tap on the unregistered Dennis Walsh and do the same--tap the merge button, then choose the registered Dennis from the list of registered players at bottom of screen. Somewhat confusing...but basically you have to link your "Mike Corbett" opponent with the "registered Mike Corbett" in the system. I will try to post some screenshots on facebook as a walkthrough...feel free to message me with questions.

Last edited by cstrombe; 06-09-2015 at 08:09 PM.

Syncing
Old
  (#36)
dmgwalsh
Straight Pool Fanatic
dmgwalsh has a reputation beyond reputedmgwalsh has a reputation beyond reputedmgwalsh has a reputation beyond reputedmgwalsh has a reputation beyond reputedmgwalsh has a reputation beyond reputedmgwalsh has a reputation beyond reputedmgwalsh has a reputation beyond reputedmgwalsh has a reputation beyond reputedmgwalsh has a reputation beyond reputedmgwalsh has a reputation beyond reputedmgwalsh has a reputation beyond repute

Syncing - 06-10-2015, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstrombe View Post
Yes, games are synced between player devices when the opponent has been added as a registered user on your ipad. So first step is to make sure your opponent has registered in the app on their ipad (set up a username/password, via the settings screen).

You can tell if you have a registered or unregistered opponent by going to settings screen, then tap Players in the menu. Let's say your opponent with the ipad is named Mike, and assume you already have games vs Mike on your ipad also. If Mike is listed as an unregistered opponent on your ipad, you will need to merge that player with the "real" (registered) Mike. You need to tap on his name there in the settings screen, and then tap the "Merge This Player With a Registered User" button. Then you enter Mike's username or email to do the merge, and any games scored on his ipad should sync to your ipad.

Once you do this and sync, Mike can sync and should see a new registered player (you) on his ipad (assuming that he also already had you as an unregistered opponent), along with the "regular" Dennis Walsh opponent he already had. So on his ipad, he will need to go to the same settings/players screen, and tap on the unregistered Dennis Walsh and do the same--tap the merge button, then choose the registered Dennis from the list of registered players at bottom of screen. Somewhat confusing...but basically you have to link your "Mike Corbett" opponent with the "registered Mike Corbett" in the system. I will try to post some screenshots on facebook as a walkthrough...feel free to message me with questions.
I played a registered player last night. I am registered on his app. He is registered on mine. We scored on his app. After the game, I synced now on his app and synced now on my app. I expected to see the results on my app, but nothing.

I can only imagine that he may have not been connected to the internet at the time. When I pressed his sync now, it looked like it was working and said Everything up to date, but maybe he was not connected. I will check with him today.

Old
  (#37)
cstrombe
AzB Silver Member

06-10-2015, 07:39 AM

Quote:
I played a registered player last night. I am registered on his app. He is registered on mine. We scored on his app. After the game, I synced now on his app and synced now on my app. I expected to see the results on my app, but nothing.

I can only imagine that he may have not been connected to the internet at the time. When I pressed his sync now, it looked like it was working and said Everything up to date, but maybe he was not connected. I will check with him today.
That looks like the case. I checked the server and there is no game there yet between you and Mike, so looks like it hasn't been synced from his ipad.

Old
  (#38)
dmgwalsh
Straight Pool Fanatic

06-10-2015, 10:08 AM

Quote:
That looks like the case. I checked the server and there is no game there yet between you and Mike, so looks like it hasn't been synced from his ipad.
It wasn't Mike that I played. It was Joe Klein, but Mike is more computer savvy and may meet up with Joe today to make sure he is connected when they sync.

Old
  (#39)
cstrombe
AzB Silver Member

06-10-2015, 10:17 AM

Quote:
It wasn't Mike that I played. It was Joe Klein, but Mike is more computer savvy and may meet up with Joe today to make sure he is connected when they sync.

OK, I don't see a "Joe Klein" as a registered user on the server. Make sure Joe has gone thru the register step in the app (settings screen, register menu item) or sync to opponents won't be available.

Old
  (#40)
dmgwalsh
Straight Pool Fanatic

06-10-2015, 12:56 PM

Quote:
OK, I don't see a "Joe Klein" as a registered user on the server. Make sure Joe has gone thru the register step in the app (settings screen, register menu item) or sync to opponents won't be available.
it might be under George Klein (joe67)

Old
  (#41)
cstrombe
AzB Silver Member

06-10-2015, 01:18 PM

Quote:
it might be under George Klein (joe67)
OK I see him in the system, and the game, should be syncing.

Old
  (#42)
dmgwalsh
Straight Pool Fanatic

06-10-2015, 03:41 PM

Quote:
OK I see him in the system, and the game, should be syncing.
Apparently he has now changed his name back to Joe Klein. Our game from last night does not appear to be syncing.

I just did an experiment. I did 2 phony games with Joe Klein and with Mike Corbett and synced. they showed up on Joe and Mike's ipads. Then Mike and Joe did phony games with me and synced and they did not show up on my ipad. Mike and Joe's games with each other do not show up on the other one's ipad.

Mike has an Ipad 3, Joe has an ipad 2, I have an ipad 4

Old
  (#43)
cstrombe
AzB Silver Member

06-26-2015, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Apparently he has now changed his name back to Joe Klein. Our game from last night does not appear to be syncing.

I just did an experiment. I did 2 phony games with Joe Klein and with Mike Corbett and synced. they showed up on Joe and Mike's ipads. Then Mike and Joe did phony games with me and synced and they did not show up on my ipad. Mike and Joe's games with each other do not show up on the other one's ipad.

Mike has an Ipad 3, Joe has an ipad 2, I have an ipad 4
Found the bug and fixed, this should be working now. Please let me know if not.

Old
  (#44)
poolplayher
AzB Gold Member
poolplayher has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayher has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayher has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayher has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayher has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayher has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayher has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayher has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayher has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayher has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayher has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via Skype™ to poolplayher 
10-27-2017, 11:38 AM

I absolutely LOVE this app and haven't used another since I discovered yours. This only issue I have is that the rules don't display. The error message states...

"The resource could not be loaded because the App Transport Security policy requires the use of a secure connection."

Even the rules links on your website doesn't work anymore, which may be the problem on your app.

- Kia

Last edited by poolplayher; 10-27-2017 at 11:40 AM.

Old
  (#45)
cstrombe
AzB Silver Member

10-27-2017, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poolplayher View Post
I absolutely LOVE this app and haven't used another since I discovered yours. This only issue I have is that the rules don't display. The error message states...

"The resource could not be loaded because the App Transport Security policy requires the use of a secure connection."

Even the rules links on your website doesn't work anymore, which may be the problem on your app.

- Kia
Hi Kia, thanks for the kind words! I will take a look at that issue...thanks for the detailed report.

Page 3 of 4 123 4

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: