Aim System proponents, answer this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vorpal Cue

Just galumping back
Silver Member
Potting%20Test%202.JPG

Damn, that diagram is hard to use with all 16 shots mapped on it. I made a table of the layouts and I'll pass it on in the hope it makes it a little easier for folks to set them up.

The first set of numbers is the OB position, the second set is the CB. The first number in the set is the rail distance down the table, the second number is the distance across the table. For example, the upper left corner pocket would be at 0,0 and the bottom right corner pocket would be 8,4.

1L ... 1/2 , 1 1/2 -- 6 1/2 , 2

1R ... 1/2 , 2 1/2, -- 6 1/2 , 2

2L ... 2 , 2 -- 6 1/2 , 2

2R ... 2 , 2 -- 6 1/2 , 2

3L ... 2 , 1 -- 7 , 3

3R ... 2 , 3 -- 7 , 1

4L ... 2 1/2 , 1 1/2 -- 7 , 2 1/2

4R ... 2 1/2 , 2 1/2 -- 7 , 1 1/2

5L ... 3 , 1/2 -- 6 1/2 , 2

5R ... 3 , 3 1/2 -- 6 1/2 , 2

6L ... 4 , 1 1/2 -- 6 , 1 1/4

6R ... 4 , 2 1/2 -- 6 , 2 3/4

7L ... 6 , 1 1/2 -- 7 1/2 , 1 1/2

7R ... 6 , 2 1/2 -- 7 1/2 , 2 1/2

8L ... 6 , 1 -- 7 1/2 , 2

8R ... 6 , 3 -- 7 1/2 , 2

@ Dave: If it's not too much trouble would you 'complete' the table with the CTE info you used to make the shots? It would be a great help for students of the system to have a good 'teacher's guide" in order to check their work.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I will not spend my time shooting shots I would never shoot. (period) My time is much better spent performing the stop shot + 6" at all speeds from all distances.

You've been playing pool how many years and you still don't have a stop shot down pat and need continued practice on it? Go back in my video. I stopped the CB as dead as it can be stopped in some shots. Practicing it over and over for me is a waste of time.

Good-bye Dennis. Do whatever you want or don't want. Hope the rehab on your table comes out as great as you hope it will and good luck with the rest of your life.

Our posting (at least mine to you) is over.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
@ Dave: If it's not too much trouble would you 'complete' the table with the CTE info you used to make the shots? It would be a great help for students of the system to have a good 'teacher's guide" in order to check their work.

The BEST "teacher's guide" would be Stan's videos and forthcoming book.

If nobody knows the foundation and basics, they won't have a clue regarding what I see and do.

And if they've put in the table time to become proficient, they'll be making the shots on their own. If they miss, that's also a good thing because they'll be able to analyze it and work to rectify the mishap. You do learn from your mistakes. I did.

As far as your work on the chart, great idea but don't knock yourself out. Back when Colin originally created and posted the thread there was a higher number of members willing to be challenged and partake in various tests with video than now. Look in the main section how many took the Ghost challenge with video.
Not a bad turnout for Fargo but not all videos.

If they're going to do it they'll do it from the chart. We all did. If they don't want to they'll make excuses or ignore the test.

Last edited:

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I absolutely disagree. There is never a reason to shoot a ball that you've got one in five chance of making and even if you do, there is a great chance of scratching. A very close miss gives your opponent ball in jaws or ball in hand. This is the reason someone should work on their safeties about 1/3 -1/4 of their practice time. Trade a shot you don't like in for one you do.

Many decades ago, when I lived in Chas. S.C., there was a guy that few wanted to play. They were all scared of him. The reason they were scared was because of his motto to playing. Which was..."If I can see it, I can make it."

That motto stuck with me and I made it my own. I have beaten several players better than myself in tournaments because I put fear in them by them leaving cut shots such as the one in this thread and daring me to shoot at it. After several times of doing so, and me making it each time, your opponent tends to get a little scared about leaving anything makeable and starts playing a little too tight and starts making other mistakes.

NEVER play scared! You state that it is a low percentage shot for you. Yet, here you are, in your 70's (??) and you still haven't found a couple of hours to practice and master a shot like that? Sorry, but that is just an excuse on your part to be lazy and then accept your game where it is. Never really getting better.

You NEVER look at a shot as easy or hard. You only look for two things. Is it makeable, or is it not makeable? When you label it as hard, you lower your chances of making it. There is no such thing as an easy or a hard shot. There are only shots. You either can put the cb down the line you want to, or you can't. If you can't reliably, then you are subject to miss any shot at any time. Which means in reality, that each shot is just as tough as that cut shot.

Take just a couple of hours and practice making those thin cuts. They are easier to master than you think they are. It will pay off big dividends for you.

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member
You've been playing pool how many years and you still don't have a stop shot down pat and need continued practice on it? Go back in my video. I stopped the CB as dead as it can be stopped in some shots. Practicing it over and over for me is a waste of time.

Good-bye Dennis. Do whatever you want or don't want. Hope the rehab on your table comes out as great as you hope it will and good luck with the rest of your life.

Our posting (at least mine to you) is over.

Now you have a reading problem. I said stop + 6" at all speeds and all distances. Stop plus 6 inches. APA 2s can do stop shots.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Now you have a reading problem. I said stop + 6" at all speeds and all distances. Stop plus 6 inches. APA 2s can do stop shots.

Dennis - ignore the trolls. You've been nothing but gracious and some people just can't help being dicks.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
View attachment 458107

Damn, that diagram is hard to use with all 16 shots mapped on it. I made a table of the layouts and I'll pass it on in the hope it makes it a little easier for folks to set them up.

The first set of numbers is the OB position, the second set is the CB. The first number in the set is the rail distance down the table, the second number is the distance across the table. For example, the upper left corner pocket would be at 0,0 and the bottom right corner pocket would be 8,4.

1L ... 1/2 , 1 1/2 -- 6 1/2 , 2

1R ... 1/2 , 2 1/2, -- 6 1/2 , 2

2L ... 2 , 2 -- 6 1/2 , 2

2R ... 2 , 2 -- 6 1/2 , 2

3L ... 2 , 1 -- 7 , 3

3R ... 2 , 3 -- 7 , 1

4L ... 2 1/2 , 1 1/2 -- 7 , 2 1/2

4R ... 2 1/2 , 2 1/2 -- 7 , 1 1/2

5L ... 3 , 1/2 -- 6 1/2 , 2

5R ... 3 , 3 1/2 -- 6 1/2 , 2

6L ... 4 , 1 1/2 -- 6 , 1 1/4

6R ... 4 , 2 1/2 -- 6 , 2 3/4

7L ... 6 , 1 1/2 -- 7 1/2 , 1 1/2

7R ... 6 , 2 1/2 -- 7 1/2 , 2 1/2

8L ... 6 , 1 -- 7 1/2 , 2

8R ... 6 , 3 -- 7 1/2 , 2

I spoke with Colin about including his drill in my book as a part of my advanced CTE workouts. Obviously, he was happy for me to use his shots and I will certainly credit him with putting together such a fine group of shots.
All CTE info will be included for every shot.

Stan Shuffett

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Dennis - ignore the trolls. You've been nothing but gracious and some people just can't help being dicks.

I extended an invitation to you for participation in Colin's potting test. No response on that but a nasty insinuation here with name calling.

Who are you specifically referring to, Renegade56, Neil, or ME with the "DICK" and TROLL names?

You've been warned and had a ban yourself for it already. Btw, I never had a 1 year ban as you posted. It was the same length of time as one of your best allies here on the forum when he got his.

How would you classify your post, or are you above it all?

Last edited:

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member
You better be hiding one of those two balls or you will not like your next shot either

True, but I was thinking it as last ball like the 9 or 10 ball. Now, at least we're still in the game. Guys my speed have about a 50/50 chance of banking that ball in. Most likely a safety battle. There are a lot of shots on the table I won't try to make, ie; too hard and the risk is too great, or no way to get shape on the next ball. Great time for a lockup safety.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I extended an invitation to you for participation in Colin's potting test. No response on that but a nasty insinuation here with name calling.

Who are you specifically referring to, Renegade56, Neil, or ME with the "DICK" and TROLL names?

You've been warned and had a ban yourself for it already. Btw, I never had a 1 year ban as you posted. It was the same length of time as one of your best allies here on the forum when he got his.

How would you classify your post, or are you above it all?

You and others have been pretty rude. I don't have to point it out. It's obvious to everybody, including you.

I already did Colin's shots and posted a video probably 3 years ago which was the last time you posted your video and then challenged everybody to do it. I guess we'll be seeing that same video in another 3 years or so? lol

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You and others have been pretty rude. I don't have to point it out. It's obvious to everybody, including you.

I already did Colin's shots and posted a video probably 3 years ago which was the last time you posted your video and then challenged everybody to do it. I guess we'll be seeing that same video in another 3 years or so? lol

Dan, the only one being rude here is you. And, if you dislike reading the truth so much that you have to resort to name calling, then maybe you should find a forum somewhere else that is more to your liking.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member

In a sneaky backhanded style of posting so can you be rude yourself and then claim your innocence and that's obvious. Although your previous post was quite blunt and nasty. Time for me to start doing post reporting to the mods like you constantly do.

Lets face it there are different "camps" here. What you deem as rude from your side, is "right on, give it to 'em" from another camp. There are a good number of guys here who like seeing you and your good buddy getting body slammed.

Post the link from your video. I never saw it. Not in that thread I posted or any thread. Are you proud of it afraid? I have a feeling it might be deleted and no longer available, right?

So what's it to you if I post it again? Are you the AZ censor who's going to tell me what I can or can't do? Since you only play 14.1, how about a video of you running a 100? That is something I would appreciate watching.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.