Show your Sneaky Petes, no matter how plain they are.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well then by your definition half the cues here aren't sneaky Pete's. Just a bunch of 4 pointers. 😀

I wasn't putting it down but I think people have lost of sight what a sneaky Pete is lol it doesn't have to look like an old house cue but that has some really unique points , ring work and a steel joint. There's nothing sneaky about that. Just my opinion.

Yotehntr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wasn't putting it down but I think people have lost of sight what a sneaky Pete is lol it doesn't have to look like an old house cue but that has some really unique points , ring work and a steel joint. There's nothing sneaky about that. Just my opinion.

I always thought a sneaky pete was supposed to look like a wall/house cue... I'd have to agree about 1/2 of the cues in this thread aren't sneaky pete's... Don't get me wrong, they're nice cues just not sneaky pete's.

Kingpin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree, sneaky petes were designed to look like a bar cue, but this thread would seem quite dull if all we were looking at is actual "hustler" style cues. I like the idea of having a sneaky with small upgrades ( different joints, rings, etc.) and still keep it a sneaky. I suppose there's a point that it's just not a sneaky anymore but that's only a decision each of us can make. I for one enjoy seeing people's interpretations of what a sneaky is. My 2 cents. G

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree, sneaky petes were designed to look like a bar cue, but this thread would seem quite dull if all we were looking at is actual "hustler" style cues. I like the idea of having a sneaky with small upgrades ( different joints, rings, etc.) and still keep it a sneaky. I suppose there's a point that it's just not a sneaky anymore but that's only a decision each of us can make. I for one enjoy seeing people's interpretations of what a sneaky is. My 2 cents. G

I agree. I like sneaky petes with a few upgrades to fancy them up. Let's face it... we aren't hustlers trying to get away with anything lol but at some point it stops being a sneaky Pete.

Yotehntr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm looking to have one with crazy coco (red not orange), highly figured birdseye maple forearm, and 2 shafts (12mm) wood to wood joint. Only thing setting it apart from a wall cue being the grade of wood... or just go crazy
and make it a 6 point that would be off the charts.
readthis.gif

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
60 inch sneaky with 3/8x10 pin and brown phenolic joint collars and butt cap by AZB member Dan Axe:

picture.php

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rare, limited edition (only 150 made) Predator Classico true splice sneaky pete, rosewood and maple, white Hoppe ring, natural, burgundy, green and blue maple veneers.

Classico 1.JPG

Classico 2.JPG

Classico 3.JPG

Classico 4.JPG

Classico 5.JPG

galipeau

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
∆∆∆∆Veneers? That's a bit of a stretch IMO for a sneaky.

Here's the ebony Dufferin I found at a pawn shop.

688fecafac41e0d3796c5f67067eecd2.jpg
869dff1f48d6638d0260f1014df1e033.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Hunter

The King of Memes
Silver Member
My new "not really a sneaky, but a great player's cue" is in the shop getting a new shaft made for it. I've owned lots of sneakies in the past, but this one is special... ;)

Attachments

• Searing4.jpg
    Searing4.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 429
  • Searing2.jpg
    Searing2.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 429
  • Searing3.jpg
    Searing3.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 418
  • Searing.jpg
    Searing.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 421

ctran

You watch me.
Silver Member
Here are my petes, cant pick which cue to play with :D

Attachments

• IMG_20170510_204940.jpg
    IMG_20170510_204940.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 442

Ssonerai

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Finished these almost a year ago. 59"
Attempt at slightly decorated sneakies.
Wish NY would open up to try them.
Also, still haven't made dedicated shafts.
Butts are assembled with shafts from current players here.

Attachments

• DSC_0052.JPG
    DSC_0052.JPG
    424.6 KB · Views: 118
  • DSC_0057.JPG
    DSC_0057.JPG
    329.4 KB · Views: 122