Chandleys closed?

marcoelslager

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The mega pool room in NC already closed? If so that sure didn't last long, never liked their floor plan and seating. Just bad ownership/management? Seemed to have top of the line equipment with a bad business plan.??
Top of the line rooms like Griffs and Fargo Billiards seem to be doing fine with their business plans wondering what happened in NC?

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Curious to see if ita just to big of a room to maintian and make consistent profit

Giant places like griffs now freezers ice house
Chandleys seemed highly impressive like the other 2

Only time will tell

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The mega pool room in NC already closed? If so that sure didn't last long, never liked their floor plan and seating. Just bad ownership/management? Seemed to have top of the line equipment with a bad business plan.??
Top of the line rooms like Griffs and Fargo Billiards seem to be doing fine with their business plans wondering what happened in NC?

Wasn't it a little out of the way from more populated areas for when people just wanted to go out and shoot a little pool?

captainjko

Kirk
Silver Member
Rumor has it..... NO BUSINESS PLAN AT ALL...... There should have been pro events within the first 3 months of opening.... I played league there and a few tournaments...... It was nice.......

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Rumor has it..... NO BUSINESS PLAN AT ALL...... There should have been pro events within the first 3 months of opening.... I played league there and a few tournaments...... It was nice.......

More like shoulda had a huge amateur event, what would the pros do for the business? Nobody is gonna pay to watch them. I'd rather have a 128 player amateur open event any day - more people and more $$$
Jason

PocketSpeed11

AzB Long Member
Silver Member
Wasn't it a little out of the way from more populated areas for when people just wanted to go out and shoot a little pool?

Absolutely. All of the other mega-poolrooms named in the thread are located in bustling cities. I mean, Fargo certainly isn't a gigantic metropolis, but you're looking at more than 100k people there. Statesville is middle-of-nowhere small town USA. If 150 N Out in nearby Mooresville wasn't going to make it, Chandley's certainly wasn't.

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Originally Posted by I Got Lucky
What happened to the tables?
They were rented from Diamond..... They went back to Diamond

Maybe this helps then the rec. room thread that was looking for a 9'er.
That's were I seen for the first time this Chandlers place closed.
Renting tables, space + the set-up :eek:

Promoting games/events, pushing the limits of what some would say is gambling has to
be a nearly 24/7 job to make these kinds of places to work, I'm just saying, it's what it looks like.

Keith E.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

They had a nice little 1P tournament there early on but then I didn't hear of anything else afterwards. It was a nice place, full bar, restaurant, etc.

Keith

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No surprise to me that this pool hall did not make it. A successful pool hall owner here in NC predicted it's closing to me one night when it first opened. He also correctly predicted the closing of several other pool halls much closer to his own location which also occurred; all while he was in business. On Chandley's his main points were pool population near the hall, size, and location.. Not much added up for Chandley's to survive...

realkingcobra

Silver Member
A hall that size would have to be in Houston to make it.

Not really, if the management was the same, it would still end the same. Fargo i believe has 50+ tables in 100k population and is successful. Houston has dropped pool rooms like flys smelling RAID. All anyone would really need to do to pick up business in their rooms in TX for the most part....is fix up their pool tables!

Keith E.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here are some Statesville demographics for all to ponder:

Population in 2014: 25,722 (98% urban, 2% rural). Population change since 2000: +10.3%

Males: 11,803 (45.9%)
Females: 13,919 (54.1%)
Median resident age: 36.8 years
North Carolina median age: 38.4 years
Zip codes: 28166, 28677.

Statesville Zip Code Map
Estimated median household income in 2015: $35,007 (it was $31,925 in 2000)
Statesville: $35,007
NC: $47,830

Estimated per capita income in 2015: $20,905 (it was $19,328 in 2000)

Statesville city income, earnings, and wages data

Estimated median house or condo value in 2015: $133,544 (it was $93,400 in 2000)
Statesville: $133,544
NC: $160,100

Mean prices in 2015: All housing units: $248,690; Detached houses: $276,787; Townhouses or other attached units: $184,676; In 2-unit structures: $211,427; In 3-to-4-unit structures: $98,124; In 5-or-more-unit structures: $205,516; Mobile homes: $67,190; Occupied boats, RVs, vans, etc.: $24,456
Median gross rent in 2015: $725.

Last edited:

crabbcatjohn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I saw a few months back most of the tables were gone and they had a bunch of corn hole games in there...lol

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not really, if the management was the same, it would still end the same. Fargo i believe has 50+ tables in 100k population and is successful. Houston has dropped pool rooms like flys smelling RAID. All anyone would really need to do to pick up business in their rooms in TX for the most part....is fix up their pool tables!

So true, Glen. Well-maintained Texas tables are rare indeed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Here are some Statesville demographics for all to ponder:

Population in 2014: 25,722 (98% urban, 2% rural). Population change since 2000: +10.3%

Males: 11,803 (45.9%)
Females: 13,919 (54.1%)
Median resident age: 36.8 years
North Carolina median age: 38.4 years
Zip codes: 28166, 28677.

Statesville Zip Code Map
Estimated median household income in 2015: $35,007 (it was $31,925 in 2000)
Statesville: $35,007
NC: $47,830

Estimated per capita income in 2015: $20,905 (it was $19,328 in 2000)

Statesville city income, earnings, and wages data

Estimated median house or condo value in 2015: $133,544 (it was $93,400 in 2000)
Statesville: $133,544
NC: $160,100

Mean prices in 2015: All housing units: $248,690; Detached houses: $276,787; Townhouses or other attached units: $184,676; In 2-unit structures: $211,427; In 3-to-4-unit structures: $98,124; In 5-or-more-unit structures: $205,516; Mobile homes: $67,190; Occupied boats, RVs, vans, etc.: $24,456
Median gross rent in 2015: $725.
That's all great information if you're in the real estate business, but what does all that mumbo jumbo have to do with how many BCA, APA, TAP....and every other leage of pool players. How many amateur players, semi-pro, pro players are there in that area. See, here's the truth to pool rooms today. If you open a pool room, restaurant & lounge....the location should be able to stay in business on the merit of the restaurant & lounge alone, then count any pool income as extra revenues not needed to maintain the business. That is why so many pool rooms fail, they're still counting on pool table time to keep the doors open. You NEED the customers showing up spending money that don't give a shit about playing pool, and for that.....i hope to hell you have something else to offer besides pool tables.....or the writings on the wall, it's just a matter of time.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's all great information if you're in the real estate business, but what does all that mumbo jumbo have to do with how many BCA, APA, TAP....and every other leage of pool players. How many amateur players, semi-pro, pro players are there in that area. See, here's the truth to pool rooms today. If you open a pool room, restaurant & lounge....the location should be able to stay in business on the merit of the restaurant & lounge alone, then count any pool income as extra revenues not needed to maintain the business. That is why so many pool rooms fail, they're still counting on pool table time to keep the doors open. You NEED the customers showing up spending money that don't give a shit about playing pool, and for that.....i hope to hell you have something else to offer besides pool tables.....or the writings on the wall, it's just a matter of time.

Man, we disagree on a lot, but this is absolutely spot on.

MitchAlsup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

And not treat their customers like sh!t.