Cohen Cue in the Works

Mikey Town

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just wanted to share the first look at a cue that Eddie Cohen is putting together for me.

It's just a forearm for now, but it's a great start. I'll try to keep this thread updated with progress photos as they are available.

I know that every computer monitor displays colors a bit differently, so in case they are coming through a bit funny, they are (out to in) black, light blue, purple and white, with black paper in between. It's a sweet looking combo in person. Points are ebony and forearm is a pretty sweet piece of curly maple.

Cohen Cues-110.jpg

Cohen Cues-111.jpg

Just got a progress photo from Eddie... Very happy with the way this is coming together. :cool:

Cohen Progress.JPG

Cue is finished! Picked it up last night (1/23/29) and it turned out fantastic.

More photos on the 2nd page

Cohen Cues-266.jpg

Cohen Cues-267.jpg

Cheers,

Mike

Last edited:

Tommy-D

World's best B player...
Silver Member
Interesting choice to core with what looks like rosewood or cocobolo.

For a guy that is relatively new,you can tell he is skilled as well as deep-pocketed. Tommy D.

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Interesting choice to core with what looks like rosewood or cocobolo.

For a guy that is relatively new,you can tell he is skilled as well as deep-pocketed. Tommy D.

"That's what I was thinking ...
Is it rosewood or Purple heart????

Mikey Town

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"That's what I was thinking ...
Is it rosewood or Purple heart????

I don't know for sure, Eddie said it was a "South American Hardwood." His cues hit great, so I'm sure whatever he uses will be just fine.

Last edited:

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The veneers I chose for my last cue with Bob Owen used really similar veneers but with
ebony points.The think the combo really rocks and so your cue naturally caught my eye.
It promises to be a dandy and seeing it come to life is a thrill when it's your very own cue.

Mikey Town

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The veneers I chose for my last cue with Bob Owen used really similar veneers but with
ebony points.The think the combo really rocks and so your cue naturally caught my eye.
It promises to be a dandy and seeing it come to life is a thrill when it's your very own cue.

You're cue definitely inspired the veneer choices in this one... and the points on this one are ebony, as well.

I think your blue (if you can call it blue) is brighter than this, but it's a pretty similar look and I'm looking forward to seeing how it comes together.

He's also going to bridge the veneers and it will have veneered windows in the butt-sleeve. Very much like the "bridged with windows" cue he posted a few days ago, only this will most likely have different inlays.

Cezar Morales

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know for sure, Eddie said it was a "South American Hardwood." His cues hit great, so I'm sure whatever he uses will be just fine.

Pls post it side by side with ur other ebony cohen merry widow.

Its the nicest n simplest merry widow i've ever seen with the silver stitch ringworks that left such a lasting impression on me.

Im sure Eddie will knock this one outta the park too :)

Mikey Town

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Its the nicest n simplest merry widow i've ever seen with the silver stitch ringworks that left such a lasting impression on me.

Sad to say I had to sell that cue. :sorry:

Happy to say that it went to a good friend, though... so at least I get to see it on a regular basis.

Sad to say that he often whoops my ass with it. LOL

pescadoman

Randy
Silver Member

I know what the core is, but I'm not going to tell you...:thumbup:

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just a bit brighter than yours......bridged veeners look cool.

Attachments

• Prewitt Cue 015.jpg
    Prewitt Cue 015.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 1,766
Last edited:

jazznpool

Superior Cues--Unchalked!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Oh my, that cue looks outstanding and it should beva good player to boot!

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Promses to be a real gem.....looks really nice.....reminds me of the Prewitt cue I tried to acquire
a couple of years ago and that design was my favorite which I'd still like to get made some day.

Mikey Town

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cue is Finished!

Picked it up last night (1/23/19).

It turned out fantastic!

2 photos have been added to the OP and the rest are below... enjoy!

Cohen Cues-268.jpg

Cohen Cues-269.jpg

Cohen Cues-270.jpg

Cohen Cues-271.jpg

Cohen Cues-272.jpg