Thumbs up to JB Cases order process

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I ordered a custom case from JB, a little bit after I ordered it, someone from there called me, then emailed me to confirm my order and to make any changes. Just now I got a text from them with pictures of my case from different angles in progress to again verify things before they finished it. It's also looking to be delivered a week or more before their estimates so they were smart and estimated the time ahead of what the lowest time would be. We are always happier when we get things ahead of the estimate rather than getting an earlier estimate then waiting longer.

Ched

"Hey ... I'm back"!
Silver Member
I ordered a custom case from JB, a little bit after I ordered it, someone from there called me, then emailed me to confirm my order and to make any changes. Just now I got a text from them with pictures of my case from different angles in progress to again verify things before they finished it. It's also looking to be delivered a week or more before their estimates so they were smart and estimated the time ahead of what the lowest time would be. We are always happier when we get things ahead of the estimate rather than getting an earlier estimate then waiting longer.

Your experience has been quite the opposite of mine; but I did get a good quality case, so I guess I shouldn't complain. I'd love to see a pic of your case once you get it.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Your experience has been quite the opposite of mine; but I did get a good quality case, so I guess I shouldn't complain. I'd love to see a pic of your case once you get it.

Maybe there were some issues or complaints or suggestions earlier on and they started doing more follow ups to fix things?

This is what I was sent, along with a shot of the interior and the back.

DWZCyG14T1sh_t--90oEsHvSU-m3og6KDbmdoZFrNy8D_foAROZma95F7y2Nfpvmbcp49H1Hdp9kwt3HCOei-nvXy9OPGomJ_P1u-XaRhPzhhtpYqRhXuHLml6CDjtZR1eCwKhMS9EJ79G7CtgQ92nYv079HfFWCpha_FdbMOybV5ZGnq9tZwHNK1yi1fo_GixzfJn8ACNx7nvkhlQJcAATJv3Tz_-8CbpEzPhEWH2sT9sNz4xDW2y-UUmg3FMksRuwaSC2VQH0U3tKLDpSo5NignQfH0RTKXbmoQgry8yIaNyXMblVJYQXV93Mk62NiQnS9hyjgrV4v9FjbBlwuZ9lCWc7SCzUbw-HqbsT6KqoLi7nkR6P33TQ2qzAVz37A2xlItdV_3vcv8teYlcue16OLmsZNcfLqPNOZOfvqQhLRoTWtIvP4TdQ0Z5R82ahB_1ldtlD-ZYFhxmYFXVTwv07mBbWwSn9R0cBIBU1NiBjhbztzDa3zHkzOORA6IM3sl4ex4BG97Jhyduq0IIN762P3THMg1-F4RW-CsGq7fdqqVmKCo1SViJJDkFUz_0SLhatBswgQq_-MFenzjvLqOTP9_KK46NXFFds7MA5giUYNHm8SKqlJMkw5HOzywVQIRJbWE9I4sDjy3BbC0-he3ZOK9kfWQm4m6HgjUAn_VA=w720-h960-no

ZAd0mq3WlwKTCJts-R4ZycwHlyCK-sjcjzbsmOuaSaW_HUv8eoVifSXOZ5I3R-CmOzCPXt-dvEs9Mo_g-di36cTWUGwLX1Q2ZyP75Pda3Af65SWsW0jC8unp_CEvZcpfsc0LzqMGvAO9XStyJj6wgHCvaZwsdRij4yrlfzMAUxoq2-xF_10BQ02De2IkSvdJXk9hRV3UQTHRkqlpESMdFAs-AbwHwpXRTUimFmghmrUC1uaXmugQ_LzuisJJN_10RyqrjyfPKi4h3aqiYIEyGt5IkPToVldx132J2VEfv9FqV56376a3nxCPnTLaDsSJrEHy6omXuKaJilHAyofzzse6cHKM_JMYwIhS0Q4YPKk37MPUu0EythrFij2xz2V3nkMy3p48QuUC6jBF_Yy8k3KjtVWJoQFBTv_5ofCsB3eLTmbdvEaWNMXdRRhPVv1j-6RVKhRRDr-DMjhp5CGpwDj2ruqld5uHK9aZQ5YbGmuD2q8XYdjf-GialM1Uh3bmVgj3XKWByPaLOAyYGX2J2IsmgrWC92etC8j0QQMkdO1kIbfSCZiyYgG8puYy9Sx76Rht6hQav7c3UZ8AzasWxY9fe-hGYMPHy39eNnNg5KCTZgSrKnkLxZXKTMZI0xfn9n_CvcPwcZgF_bYoaqbtE8-MkYtaeedfbiy8B4uhog=w720-h960-no

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks like a very nice case Hang ... 3x6?

Yes, I only have my playing cue and break/jump but I do have several sets of shafts I carry with me, some as spare and some as demos for new players I meet to explain LD shafts vs regular shafts. I figured a 3x6 will not crowd the shafts as much.

I got the red pocket to spot my case better from across the room from all the black JB cases out there and to give it a bit of a color contrast.

Ched

"Hey ... I'm back"!
Silver Member
Yes, I only have my playing cue and break/jump but I do have several sets of shafts I carry with me, some as spare and some as demos for new players I meet to explain LD shafts vs regular shafts. I figured a 3x6 will not crowd the shafts as much.

I got the red pocket to spot my case better from across the room from all the black JB cases out there and to give it a bit of a color contrast.

Good thinking - I was guessing it was a cancer awareness thing.

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member

Been a bit of the opposite for me so far too. They reply to emails in a very timely manner which is great. They are still on schedule from the time I was given at the expo, but I feel like I am always reaching out to them rather them to me.

Just anxiously awaiting a case that Im sure will be great.

Icon of Sin

Silver Member
Just received pics of my case. They are finishing it up today and shipping it.

I will say that overall, as long as they (JB Cases and anyone in the pool industry for that manner) maintain communication I am fine with a process running a little longer then anticipated. This order is still on time however but I have had things run over from cuemakers in the past. As long as they respond to my emails and calls I am generally OK with it.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Just an FYI. We are only 3 people in the shop who handle customer service. Only two of those people actually handle the order process. And we have well over 80 custom orders in the pipeline every day. I am trying to figure out ways to semi-automate much of the process where progress reports and response/action is concerned but as people often communicate over various platforms and seem to be reluctant or unable to use our platform where all the order information is central it does happen that we miss some communication and need to be nudged once in a while.

Icon of Sin

Silver Member
Just an FYI. We are only 3 people in the shop who handle customer service. Only two of those people actually handle the order process. And we have well over 80 custom orders in the pipeline every day. I am trying to figure out ways to semi-automate much of the process where progress reports and response/action is concerned but as people often communicate over various platforms and seem to be reluctant or unable to use our platform where all the order information is central it does happen that we miss some communication and need to be nudged once in a while.

Like I said, as long as I keep getting a response, I'm fine with it. I just dont want to be ignored and dodged which is how some people in this industry to business.

The case looks perfect John, thanks for everything in this process. Cant wait to start using it.

Ched

"Hey ... I'm back"!
Silver Member

John - from what little I've seen, you seem like a pretty good guy. You turn out a top quality product, and I give you kudos for that. I guess it's a bit of a family business type of thing ... but if you doing that kind volume business, perhaps it's time to add someone to the payroll. Phones should not go unanswered. Emails should not be ignored. I've purchased 2 of your cases - so obviously I admire the quality. I'm just saying that it may be a good idea to respond to folks.

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
I think at this point the 3 workers at the shop, John, Karen & Mathew know I'm a pain in the ass, lol. The best way to reach them & get a fast response is on Facebook messenger. Mathew & Karen always respond quick but honestly don't abuse the time. During business hours works best. They do all work hard & bothering them at off hours wouldn't be fair.

robertod

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree

John - from what little I've seen, you seem like a pretty good guy. You turn out a top quality product, and I give you kudos for that. I guess it's a bit of a family business type of thing ... but if you doing that kind volume business, perhaps it's time to add someone to the payroll. Phones should not go unanswered. Emails should not be ignored. I've purchased 2 of your cases - so obviously I admire the quality. I'm just saying that it may be a good idea to respond to folks.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I also had to contact them several times before getting my order in. Not that big of a deal but certainly not how a good business should be run. FYI, I wanted a leather case and for me, your site was somewhat difficult to use for that type of order. But of course, as I am getting older everything is getting more difficult.:embarrassed2:

rookiepsu

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll leave some honest feedback since I recently bought one of their cases as well. I ordered mine back on March 3rd, was called the next day and the order was gone over with me to make sure everything I put in the website was what I wanted. 10 days later I received the case. I ordered a 4x8 ultimate rugged, black with army green stitching, piping and interior. Everything was correct except the interior was hunter green, not army green, which to me looked awful, so I emailed them and they responded very quickly to let me know that the mixup is that they don't actually have army green interior and it is a mistake that it's listed on the website. However, they just offered to make me a new interior in the color of my choice, which I thought was awesome. I chose black and a new interior arrived less than a week later.

Their product, obviously, is top notch. IMO there is no better made case on the market. The quality and craftsmanship is just simply unbeatable.

My only complaint about the whole process:

I'm still waiting on a new lid interior. That's still hunter green. No big deal, I'm sure I'll get it eventually.

Literally, that's the only complaint I have. I never received any "in-progress" pictures or communications, but I didn't expect any. And really, I received the case so fast that any communication wasn't really needed at all. I could see on custom cases, but other than that, I don't see any reason. In my case it would have made it possible for me to catch the interior color mismatch before I received it, but they bent over backwards to make that right as soon as I emailed them.

Great product, great service. I won't ever buy any other brand of case.

Icon of Sin

Silver Member
Just received shipping notification. Case is on time and should be here Thursday!

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member

I fully understand. It's not a people issue it's a process issue. Throwing more people at it won't solve the problem. FORCING customers to accept our order/notification system IS the solution. Amazon doesn't allow customers to order and communicate through anything BUT their system. Neither should we.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's true about Amazon.......but they aren't making the product you order and have zero responsibility
for any complaints with the actual 3rd party sellers/suppliers providing the product that you order. That's
why people are the biggest asset for any firm that's tends to be invisible on the company's balance sheet.

Recognizing there' s a problem is the first step towards solving it and it sounds like John has done this.
His cases look terrific; I've never heard anyone complain whenever I encounter someone with a JB case.
The only feedback I get is they love the product, it's well made and and have no regrets or misgivings.

Last edited:

Icon of Sin

Silver Member
Recognizing there' s a problem is the first step towards solving it and it sounds like John has done this.
His cases look terrific; I've never heard anyone complain whenever I encounter someone with a JB case.
The only feedback I get is they love the product, it's well made and and have no regrets or misgivings.
Considering damn near half the people I have seen at the Expo had a JB, it's a glaring endorsement. I was already thinking about ordering one before I went. After the first day I was sold.

Shawn Armstrong

AZB deceased - stopped posting 5/13/2022
Silver Member
That's true about Amazon.......but they aren't making the product you order and have zero responsibility
for any complaints with the actual 3rd party sellers/suppliers providing the product that you order. That's
why people are the biggest asset for any firm that's tends to be invisible on the company's balance sheet.

There are a few of us that have given him some criticism regarding his cases. His customer service policy is to call us idiots, and fire us as customers. Outstanding business model.